Mare bucks in season

hellfire

Visit site
Some in season mares can like us ladies become painful around the flanks so you may find this to be the reason she bucks. There are calmers such as moody mare to help hormonal issues or good old magnesium but if bucking is the only issue when only in season and only in canter I’d say it’s discomfort. I’m guessing you’ve had her back, saddle, teeth etc checked?

maybs124

Visit site
I think she is uncomfortable I’m wondering I can can do anything to help her! I’ve had everything checked she is weak in the lumbar region however we are working on this and getting stronger everyday! She only bucks when she’s in season

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
If you think she's really struggling have a chat with your vet. One of mine is very tricky when coming in season and regumate really helps her.

hellfire

Visit site
I’d talk to your vet about it but I’d honestly say she’s uncomfortable when In season. I’ve worked with many mares over the years and a small handful would do this or similar when ridden in season and was due to being tender and that’s there only way of telling you. Especially if she’s weak in the lumber area too. Imagine you with bad period pain and being asked to jog. There are some natural herbal remedies that can help like for us evening primrose oil or similar can help. I’m afraid I’ve not got much experience correcting that with supplements bar not riding or asking her to do more than she’s comfy with while in season. The ovaries do swell so some get too tender to deal.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Try Agnus Castus, it's a well known supplement for mares, it damps down the hormones. Also known as monk's pepper for obvious reasons ?

It worked really well in a very mareish little mare I had with raging flirty squirty behaviour in season.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
If ingredients are listed in order, then the biggest one is chaste berry, which is agnus cactus.