Mares in Foal

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
What are the signs ...
(on behalf of a friend.)

Situation is one mare, been used as a broodmare for the last few years etc and has been turned out with a 3YO colt . In the last 2 weeks she's got quite big and its not a grass belly etc..

Any other signs?
smile.gif

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Haha i was going to post that on the end saying "should know.." but besides being slackened off and being bagged up etc i dont know many of the 'early ' signs.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
well, as someone that is currently preggers... but with no knowledge of mares in foal (never go near mares...), i'd say the symptoms are:

getting fat
crying a bit too much
having really odd (slightly randy) dreams
swollen ankles
gagging at the smell of husband's aftershave
panting from walking up stairs...

i hope that's useful...
wink.gif

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I'll get her to walk up some stairs tomorrow and let you know
grin.gif
And thanks, i'll lookee now
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent idea... if she's broken out in a sweat, gasping for breath and threatening to move into a bungalow... she's preggers.

china

Visit site
funny you should say, we have a horse at college/work that is used for students and started looking very in foal, she had slackened off and her tummy was getting huge and she has started rubbing her tail, they contacted owner and asked if she could be in foal, owner said no but il do some research, turns out the mare she was turned out with is in foal and they were out with a young colt but didnt think he was fertile, she is due at the end of the month
shocked.gif
if she gets any bigger i would say yes but the vet can stick a hand in and tell you for deffinate!