Mary King suspended for two months

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
But god knows how many other riders went through that coffin like that and didn't get carded. Google Ruth Edge's fall,that too hit chest on. I must have watched 30 riders there and only 25% went through well.

TGM

Visit site
I think the point is that, from reports, MK's horse was already jumping badly and out of control at previous fences, it was not judged on that fence in isolation. If that was the case, then the yellow card sounds justified.

magicmoose

Visit site
I think the petition is disgraceful. ...how are people with no access to full facts and footage supposed to comment accurately. It makes a mockery of the ground jury and the system.

Agreed. Looking at the ground jury and TDs for both events, they are hugely experienced and well respected.

The fact that both groups decided on separate occasions that Mary was riding dangerously is a strong indicator to me that there is a pattern of behaviour.

stevieg

Visit site
Mary King is a lovely lady and certainly rides with dash and stickability, but I find much of her riding pretty hard to watch, actually.

Agree 100%. I wonder how many would have disagreed with the decision had it been made about a 'nobody' and not Mary King

Custard Cream

Visit site
But god knows how many other riders went through that coffin like that and didn't get carded. Google Ruth Edge's fall,that too hit chest on. I must have watched 30 riders there and only 25% went through well.

I was fence judging as Ruth went through it, she approached it at a proper coffin canter unlike many others I saw (Mary included) and Ruth's fall was entirely due to the fact the frangible pin didn't break.