Mattingley, after a week of acrobatics...

archoak

Visit site
ooops sorry applechaff! I liked your doggies though, but what happens if, when on that lead, they both go opposite directions

The little one gets dragged along by the bigger one
grin.gif
I usually have 2 leads but forgot yesterday.

CleverHorses

Visit site
I had the exact same problem as you going past the water trough! nearly missed the chair due my horse being literally on the otherside of the intro fence! well done on the dressage a show jumping. I'm glad people thought the course was big this is only my second novice on my horse and my first novice was Broadway so no comparison! but did know mattingley will build a tricky course

TableDancer

Visit site
Well done Jules, mate, sounds like you did the right thing all day
smile.gif
Excellent dressage (PP is most jealous and would like Zeb to give him some tips), and fantastic result SJ
smile.gif
I watched your video and the quality of the canter and the rhythm are both SO much better
smile.gif
smile.gif
I would just be careful to make sure you ALWAYS soften your hands in the air (sometimes you do, sometimes not quite so good - watch the video and you'll see what I mean); I think he is cautious about making the distances because he's still not quite confident he'll have the freedom he needs - the more you can jump rouds like this where you give him the freedom to get on and do his thing, the more confidence he'll regain and he'll be willing to open up and make the distances.

XC - hard to know what was going on, but I'm positive you did the right thing in pulling up and that was a brave, sensible (grown-up
wink.gif
) decision to make. There is always another day and that is a very meaty track - I walked it last year and withdrew PP before XC as it was only his second Novice (5th event
crazy.gif
) and I felt it was too big a question at that stage. And finally, I think you are doing exactly the right thing by dropping back to PN for one run, it'll seem so easy to both of you and will just put a bit of confidence back in the bank - then you can go N again with all guns blazing after that. Good on you, girl
smile.gif
smile.gif

jules89

Visit site
CH yes it was huge this year, certainly a hell of a lot of variety to jump!

TD hands SJ - yep, totally forgot to soften over the fences, need to get more into the habit of lowering hands over the fence as you say, did it BSJA the other week and in lesson but was so nervous I missed half the things I should have done
wink.gif

Interesting about the distances, and you're right (of course
wink.gif
)

Im hoping I can do the PN, if I can't then I will have to withdraw and lose my money (or should I just go and do dr and SJ? ) the organiser hasn't replied yet
confused.gif
I am hoping to go XC schooling somewhere this week or next
smile.gif

cheekycharley

Visit site
Relly well done on dressage and sj. Very hard decision to make on xc, but very sensible. Well done and sure xc will be fine again next time.

I_A_P

Visit site
great dressage and fantastic sj im really pleased you went clear and got over the last few times when you have had the odd mishap
tongue.gif
well done
laugh.gif

Shame about xc - time to find the elusive perfect bit
tongue.gif