Meet Merlin aka Maesfen Magician!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
He's arrived at last and not the chestnut filly I was expecting but a bay colt with about four white hairs for a star and a sock the same side as his mum. Born in the field yesterday (25th) big, bay and bouncing. Touch wood they're both doing well. H Tobago has been sent homework so he can at least get the sex right next time; shockingly bad this year as those wanting fillies have had colts and vice versa; you'd think he'd get it right after all this time wouldn't you?! :rolleyes: No action shots yet as all this man likes to do is eat and sleep but more will come, I promise, you'll be bored to tears of him.

Sparks was very interested in his young brother as you can see!
Exciting news on the Sparks (Maesfen Taboo) front too as he has been sold as a future stallion prospect so will be tarted up to show and do the Futurity all being well. Just what he deserves to do as well as keeping his manhood which he was in great danger of losing if he had stayed here; vet was booked in for the Saturday and he was bought at 11.30 on the Friday night (bless the internet! :D)

Anyway, meet Merlin aka Maesfen Magician (subject to AHS approval of course) He got his name because his dam is Witches Broom and Magician ran a blinder in the Irish 2000 Guineas the afternoon he was born; it just seemed appropriate. I was also given some famous magician names but the one that stood out was Merlin as that is also a small brown falcon (I like my coincidences and illogical logic even if you do find it hard to follow! ;))

Saturday -

Today -

Vid of Sparks and Manny a few weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsmE00lg6aA&feature=youtu.be

joeanne

Visit site
She did it again didn't she!!! (with a little help from Tobago of course!)
Fantastic foal, looking forward to some videos of him!
And great news for Sparks. He started all this after all :D

Rollin

Visit site
Congratulations. He looks super. He has just what I want from my Olympic Showjumper (ShGxCB) currently just a blob, good bone and such a lovely face

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Thank you for all the lovely comments, they mean a lot but you should really direct them at Bea, she did all the hard work. I've actually seen him move a bit today and of course I didn't have the camera with me but I can tell you, this boy floats, he's really magical so hope the names fit him and he lives up to them too.

Rollin, I hope you get your wish too.

htobago

Visit site
Got visitors here so just quick post...

SO happy about Sparky's last-minute reprieve and fab new home!

And new boy Merlin looks magical (sorry he's not a girl - have had words with Tobago about mixing up the orders: 4 fillies and 2 colts so far this year, which would be great if he'd just sent the colts to the right people)!

Glad you've seen the super floaty trot now! (Just told Little Stig on FB that it was guaranteed...;):D)

xxx

Rollin

Visit site
Got visitors here so just quick post...

SO happy about Sparky's last-minute reprieve and fab new home!

And new boy Merlin looks magical (sorry he's not a girl - have had words with Tobago about mixing up the orders: 4 fillies and 2 colts so far this year, which would be great if he'd just sent the colts to the right people)!

Glad you've seen the super floaty trot now! (Just told Little Stig on FB that it was guaranteed...;):D)

xxx

Do you think the owners would participate in a new Multi Coloured Swap Shop.

htobago

Visit site
Do you think the owners would participate in a new Multi Coloured Swap Shop.

Someone suggested a SwapShop yesterday - but I love the Multi Coloured, which is also very apt in this case! Pat wanted chestnut filly, but silly Tobago sent chestnut filly to LG Sport Horses (for their Quidam de Revel mare LG Lonnie), who would have been perfectly happy with a colt.:eek: They have another mare due to him very soon, so they may get their colt, but that doesn't help Pat much.

I suggested a swap the last time he muddled the orders, but breeders are a fussy lot and seem to want foals out of their own mares...also, even if they wanted colts, nobody will ever part with the fillies. :rolleyes:

Ah well - Pat did get the colt she ordered last year, and his new owner and producer think he's the stallion prospect she hoped for too, so the boy got something right, at least!;)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
He is stunning Pat, absolutely gorgeous. X

So glad you like him; she's done us very proud this year! :)

He is gorgeous, love his head.

Thanks MM, bit more dished than Sparks this time, you can tell his breeding! :D

Also happy to announce that Dotty, the bay head in my avatar, is visiting Tobago this year too; very exciting. - lol, not just her head! She is actually coloured behind that!

Last edited:

tristar

Visit site
congrats maesfen on magician, aptly named , i was at the curragh to see the other ' bay magician' in the flesh, win the 2000 guineas by a good distance !