Meeting the hunt whilst walking your dog

amymay

And it is awful that those cats were killed but I still don't think it means hounds blindly attack other dogs.
I think that they would under the wrong circumstances. Certainly anything like mine (small and fluffy) would be fair game. A larger dog, no I don't think that they would.

Tiddlypom

A report, admittedly taken from an anti website, of a magistrate's 14yo JRTx being killed by staghounds outside its own home :(.

http://www.wildlifeguardian.co.uk/news/hunting/hush-money-offer-after-staghounds-kill-terrier/

I agree with amymay that larger, dare I say it, 'proper' dogs are more likely to be ignored. A lab may pull your arms out trying to join in, but is much more likely to be ignored by hounds. I definitely wouldn't like to get caught out with a Bichon or a Yorkie.

ETA By 'proper' dog I mean as recognised by the hounds, I'm not meaning to be rude about toy breeds.

Orangehorse

I would pick up a small dog. I have taken mine to the meet and I didn't get too close if possible. I thought that if my terrier snapped at a hound they might well snap back with interest.