All

Visit site
yes it`s another thread about men`s clothing

men`s (dressage) show jackets and just a small rant

has any one else found that finding a men's show jacket that fits extremally difficult
and when you do they cost more than some peoples wages

none of the local tac shops near me either stock men's jackets at all or don't have them in a large man`s size

my tape measure say`s i am a 44 inch chest (i am 6 foot and 90 kg)

i got 2 jackets on ebay both with the label's still on

the first one it a elte paris was advertised as a 44 inch a 48 inch one arrived (what i would describe as a budget jacket still nice)
let me say the sleeves all most touch my elbows and if i sneeze i will rip it

well i thought i was being smart with the second one
a lovely kingsland dressage jacket 52 inch (i was thinking to my self this will be to big i shall take it to my tailor and get it tailed)
when it arrived wow that is some quality jacket every button is the correct way round every thing is gleaming (reminds me of my friend he is in the irish guards) even came with the bag and the oem price tag £339.00
wtf i got it for 26 quid posted an all
now the kicker it just fits it a 52 inch after all wtf

any one else had the same problem or similar experience

bouncing_ball

Visit site

has any one else found that finding a men's show jacket that fits extremally difficult

none of the local tac shops near me either stock men's jackets at all or don't have them in a large man`s size

the first one it a elte paris was advertised as a 44 inch a 48 inch one arrived (what i would describe as a budget jacket still nice)

a lovely kingsland dressage jacket 52 inch (i was thinking to my self this will be to big i shall take it to my tailor and get it tailed)
when it arrived wow that is some quality jacket every button is the correct way round every thing is gleaming (reminds me of my friend he is in the irish guards) even came with the bag and the oem price tag £339.00

Slightly confused the second jacket does fit you?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Can’t say anything about men’s jackets, however the short arm length thing I find pretty common for me - however I do have long arms!

Breagha

Visit site
My husband struggles with show jackets as he has wide shoulders. We bought a black that we knew would be too big in most places but ok on his shoulders and we were going to get it fitted to him (mum is a seamstress).

His tweed jacket is handmade by his granny.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site

Your post is a bit confusing, but I think I understand that:
  • you measured your chest as being 44".
  • you ordered two jackets, one described as 44" but labelled as 48" and another described as 52" and very cheap...
Neither of them fit.

I strongly suspect that these were sold off cheaply because they are seconds: wrongly labelled for the first and wrongly cut for the second.

Andrew657

Visit site
I think that the first one may be an EU size 48 - which would equate to approx a UK 38/40

The seller has then measured actual size across the chest - so actual garment is 44" - hence skin tight.

The Kingsland being a UK size - is actually designed to fit a 52" chest - with breathing space etc