Mid sept Weekend Plans

Alibear

Visit site
We had a great weekend at the breed show. Amber took everything in her stride you'd think she was in her teens with many competitions and venues under her belt. Not 5 and at the 4th venue of her life! She was happy in both outdoor warms up, even when it was reasonably busy with the higher energy reiners and she was completely OK with the big indoor arena, horses, grandstands bars, banners, riding in the dark, etc. The only thing she questioned all weekend was whether she really had to get back on the trailer to come home, but even that was a minor stop and shove on the bum got her on. She managed a 2nd with my trainer up against all the other professionals and I managed a 4th in the L1 amateur with a clean run with no mistakes. I'm really proud of her, she's been awesome, totally chilled about everything. We stayed late to do the unaffiliated class on the last day (1st out of 2) and even all the other horses leaving and going home didn't bother her. Long may it continue, its lovely to be out and about and having fun again. My car went into limp mode on the way there but we got there and my hubby came and swapped cars for me so the journey home was uneventful. That really was the only stress of the 4 days away.

Pippity

Visit site
For the first time in the nearly three years I've owned her, Blue and I had a successful solo hack, off the yard. We've pootled around the fields on our old yard a couple of times, but she gets very worried without somebody else around, whether that's another horse or a pedestrian.

I led her out for about half a km, just to avoid any napping silliness on the busy road, then hopped on board once we were on the off-road trail. She was tense and rushing far more than usual - not helped by some REALLY inconsiderate cyclists - but she listened when I half-halted and listened when I pushed her on, and we arrived back at the yard without having parted company, which is my definition of a successful ride!

I'm really proud of her. She's not a bold horse, and this was a huge thing for her.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
For the first time in the nearly three years I've owned her, Blue and I had a successful solo hack, off the yard. We've pootled around the fields on our old yard a couple of times, but she gets very worried without somebody else around, whether that's another horse or a pedestrian.

I led her out for about half a km, just to avoid any napping silliness on the busy road, then hopped on board once we were on the off-road trail. She was tense and rushing far more than usual - not helped by some REALLY inconsiderate cyclists - but she listened when I half-halted and listened when I pushed her on, and we arrived back at the yard without having parted company, which is my definition of a successful ride!

I'm really proud of her. She's not a bold horse, and this was a huge thing for her.

Fantastic! Well done both of you :)

I'm just popping back to update that the out of the blue Sunday night text message has turned into starting a trial period for a new share horse. Totally wasn't expected but the 'deal' sounded perfect for me, and having met the horse today I utterly fell in love with her. The owner and people at the yard seem very nice too and plenty of people to hack out with. I'm so, so excited! We even had a little canter out on our first hack, now that's a bloomin good start I reckon!

oldie48

Visit site
Great news from Alibear, Pippetty and SaddlePsych!
My schooling session on Mr D was cut short by the hunt arriving. As he's hunted, Mr D was aware of them being in the area before I heard them but tbh he was actually very well behaved. It was a bit annoying as the yard understood that they'd be on their way home by 10.00a.m. and I'd delayed my ride to avoid them. However, my initial no stirrup work really helps to lengthen my leg so I rode a hole longer and my sore back is better just didn't get to do any canter work!

oldie48

Visit site
I cant even be ar*sed to tack up, let alone ride at the moment. Sad times :( Im gona try and get in the saddle tonight for a hack :)
I'm also struggling with life ATM and i have found riding again has really helped me to forget things for a while. tbh it's proving to be a bit of a life saver. No idea what's going on in your life, I just hope things get better for you. Chin up!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It was actually very quiet, we wondered if it was because of the clash with Blenheim

I think it's because the tickets were too expensive. I know I'm not alone in thinking that it was to much to pay to watch dressage at Somerford Park. We went to the vintage car rally at Sandbach instead.