Might be of interest if you have itchy cob with mallenders

Shani

Visit site
I had lovely chat with Karen about Pheobe itching/Mallenders problem and she was saying about millennial mite so, i have a plan to treat Pheobe hopefully will help as I've been down the natural chemical route spent a fortune on things that dont work or dry her skin out various rugs etc
So have a look at link below might help
Worth a phone call
www.karenruggles.co.uk

Nasicus

Visit site
Gosh, that's certainly some interesting web design! Interesting though, another one interested in hearing peoples experiences with it.

Leo Walker

Visit site
So we have one of the worlds worst websites, a lot of confusing text but absolutely zero information about the ingredients. Lots of claims about what this wonder product does alongside lots of threats that you have to buy a starter pack because clearly we are all to stupid to work out how to use something, although given the state of that website no one could be blamed for not knowing what the hell they were buying never mind how to use it!

I bet you any money that its neem oil packaged up as something special. I wouldnt touch it with someone elses barge pole and I suspect she is sailing very, very close to the wind in terms of how legal this all is...

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I love how the web page starts...

**All web pages best viewed in standard web/computer
layout, not mobile/'simplified' layout**

I was looking on my computer, so presumably in standard/computer layout. Goodness only knows what it looks like in another version.

I also like...

Where to go next?

● Select a section from the left margin (under the horse/alpaca pictures in the images above):
● then, once you land on your selected section, choose the links in the left margin for online shops or numerous "in-depth" sections. Or...
● ...see more below - overview, product ranges & options...

.... If they have to tell you how to use the website, you know it is not good!

Shani

Visit site
I love how the web page starts...

**All web pages best viewed in standard web/computer
layout, not mobile/'simplified' layout**

I was looking on my computer, so presumably in standard/computer layout. Goodness only knows what it looks like in another version.

I also like...

Where to go next?

● Select a section from the left margin (under the horse/alpaca pictures in the images above):
● then, once you land on your selected section, choose the links in the left margin for online shops or numerous "in-depth" sections. Or...
● ...see more below - overview, product ranges & options...

.... If they have to tell you how to use the website, you know it is not good!
It may awful but karen is very knowledgeable about itchy horses etc

Shani

Visit site
So we have one of the worlds worst websites, a lot of confusing text but absolutely zero information about the ingredients. Lots of claims about what this wonder product does alongside lots of threats that you have to buy a starter pack because clearly we are all to stupid to work out how to use something, although given the state of that website no one could be blamed for not knowing what the hell they were buying never mind how to use it!

I bet you any money that its neem oil packaged up as something special. I wouldnt touch it with someone elses barge pole and I suspect she is sailing very, very close to the wind in terms of how legal this all is...
Karen is very Knowledgeable and knows her stuff so if it works that's all that matters I'm fed up of crap from money grabbing vets 🙄

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
This is what it contains, I think. Though I did get a bit bogged down in all the wordage. So it’s another neem-based product?

‘The Ruggle-it® Oil Blend and Semi-Solid Salve

- The oil (with a nutty/garlic/burnt coffee/onion aroma) is blended here in Somerset (UK) & is a mixture of 100% natural vegetable oils including Coconut, Safflower, Neem, Wheatgerm, etc.
- Scientifically identified properties include our oil ingredients being resistant to more than 300 different insect types.
- It can aid swellings & repel bugs, calm & moisturise skin.
- The key ingredients are ANTI - bacterial, fungal & oxidant’

OP, I hope that it works for you and your horse :).

Shani

Visit site
I will keep those who expressed interest , but if you can only criticise website instead of looking at pictures and horses and ,who have been cured well and what millennial mites irritation ,what can I say, if those of you with beautiful horses that never scratch their skin raw for rub their manes and tails out will not understand what we go though spending £s on thing we hope will help and countless vet bills, its painful to be powerless to help then, if this works I will ecstatic

Shani

Visit site
This is what it contains, I think. Though I did get a bit bogged down in all the wordage. So it’s another neem-based product?

‘The Ruggle-it® Oil Blend and Semi-Solid Salve

- The oil (with a nutty/garlic/burnt coffee/onion aroma) is blended here in Somerset (UK) & is a mixture of 100% natural vegetable oils including Coconut, Safflower, Neem, Wheatgerm, etc.
- Scientifically identified properties include our oil ingredients being resistant to more than 300 different insect types.
- It can aid swellings & repel bugs, calm & moisturise skin.
- The key ingredients are ANTI - bacterial, fungal & oxidant’

OP, I hope that it works for you and your horse :).
Me too👍

Shay

Visit site
Are you either Karen herself or working for her? I'm not disputing the product - neem oil (in fact any veg based oil) is well proven for mallenders. But Mallenders isn't caused by mites - and what is a millenial mite?

cauda equina

Visit site
I will keep those who expressed interest , but if you can only criticise website instead of looking at pictures and horses and ,who have been cured well and what millennial mites irritation ,what can I say, if those of you with beautiful horses that never scratch their skin raw for rub their manes and tails out will not understand what we go though spending £s on thing we hope will help and countless vet bills, its painful to be powerless to help then, if this works I will ecstatic
If the product is as good as you say, it's a pity that the website is so off-putting

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am glad you are convinced OP, after a conversation with the producer of this cure. Maybe you could tell us what the active ingredient is?

If it does turn out to be a miracle cure that will mean no vets bills then I think the web design does need a revamp for most people to buy into the idea. I found the large animal page very confusing indeed.

As you seem to be saying, after speaking with Karen, that this product will work when countless vets bills have not, perhaps if Karen were to publish her research into the trials and efficacy of the product then more people will be able to save their horses from the millenial bug (thought that was in computers?) without wasting money on a vet?

Personally, if my horse had such a condition that he was rubbed raw I would indeed consult the vet.

Shani

Visit site
I am glad you are convinced OP, after a conversation with the producer of this cure. Maybe you could tell us what the active ingredient is?

If it does turn out to be a miracle cure that will mean no vets bills then I think the web design does need a revamp for most people to buy into the idea. I found the large animal page very confusing indeed.

As you seem to be saying, after speaking with Karen, that this product will work when countless vets bills have not, perhaps if Karen were to publish her research into the trials and efficacy of the product then more people will be able to save their horses from the millenial bug (thought that was in computers?) without wasting money on a vet?

Personally, if my horse had such a condition that he was rubbed raw I would indeed consult the vet.
I have seen the vet several times I can assure you but I have been told different thing from them one suggested I give her bute when she is very itchy 🙄

Shani

Visit site

I have seen vet several times but still itchy one suggested giving her bute each time she rubs

Shani

Visit site

I have several times and creams etc still itchy and one suggested giving her bute when got agitated or itchy 🙄

scrat

Visit site
I think Mallenders and Sallenders is one of those conditions that has no cure but can be managed. It is in the makeup of that type of horse, nothing to do with mites. I have seen horses end up with terribly sore legs after the owners obsessive attempts to get rid of the hard skin. I would compare it to someone forcing the hard skin from your feet, imagine how painful that would be. Any number of moisturisers, udder cream sudocrem etc would probably keep the skin soft and avoid the dry cracked skin that can occur. Any dry skin stuck in the feather can be gently removed with a dog flea comb. There is no doubt that if this condition is neglected the skin will thicken and could become infected. Hairy types are quite high maintenance and IMPO vets don't always have much idea of how to treat and always blame mites.
OP, I don't see any reason why the product shouldn't work for your horse, it's just a condition that you have to keep on top of.

Flicker51

Visit site
Totally agree with the above by scats
Mallenders are NOT caused by mites they are similar to psoriasis in humans. They also have them in areas that get sweaty and are heavily feathered. The best thing to do is clip the feathers and use steroid cream with an antibiotic like fucidin h or similar if they are very scabby, then continue to moisturise daily after a week or so.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Neem is brilliant for mites and mallenders. Thats why this magic product works. Get yourself some neem oil. Its a third of the price and will do the same job.

Millenium mites seem to be a made up thing. The only reference to them anywhere is posts by the owner of the website

Leo Walker

Visit site
I have several times and creams etc still itchy and one suggested giving her bute when got agitated or itchy 🙄

Right, so several vets and a number of random creams and bute and your horse was still itchy but neem oil mixed with veg oil cured it? Seems a little bit unlikely that if it was that easy to cure none of the vet creams worked. I suspect the bute was actually for the cracking of the skin which occurs when people start messing about with mallenders too much.

But all good as now you know neem oil will do the same thing for a third of the price. If you were feeling particulary generous you could donate the difference in price to Prince Fluffy Kareem as thanks for all our help ;)

https://www.facebook.com/search/top...RpbWVfbXMiOjE1NjM5MDkzNzA2MDJ9&epa=SEARCH_BOX

DressageCob

Visit site
Neem is brilliant for mites and mallenders. Thats why this magic product works. Get yourself some neem oil. Its a third of the price and will do the same job.

Millenium mites seem to be a made up thing. The only reference to them anywhere is posts by the owner of the website

Yep, I can find posts on this forum from 2012 saying the woman at Ruggle says it is millennium mites, and a couple of interviews/adverts with the same person using that name, but nothing else at all. No journals, no references on Aussie pages (despite it supposedly being an Australian bug) and no evidence in support. Sounds dodgy to me.

Shay

Visit site
I notice that despite replying to others OP has not responded to my Q if she is in fact Karen herself or works for her.

Glad to hear from others supporting my concerns that a "millennial mite" is fictitious. Other than a mite born in the 21st century - and they all are because they are not that long lived - it is nothing more. And as I - and others - have said mites have absolutely nothing to do with malleders anyway. (and actually neither does itching...mallenders is painful if left untreated. It isn't itchy)

OP - I suspect your post is not genuine. But for the benefit of those who might find it in a search - any softening agent, usually vegetable based - will assist with mallenders / sallenders (so far unmentioned but identical).

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Good lord, really?!

Just an anecdote re Mallenders/Sallenders. When my boy had it so badly the back of his knees were cracking and sore, I started with pig oil and sulpur, the go to 'cure'. I then tried just baby oil and as long as I'm consistent, I have no issues. He has very pink skin, I tried all sorts of girth (now have a lambswool cover on a string girth) so obviously sensitive. Think I might repackage the baby oil and make a fortune!