'miss matched' riding colours?

princestar

Visit site
So I looked at a picture of me and my horse taken after our lesson this week...

We look a mess! Yellow. Blue. Green. Orange. White.

Does anyone have a colour scheme?

Im thinking about selling the numnahs, girths, boots, bandages etc that I have and going for a black numnah, cream half pad and black tack. Horses boots are black.

Seems a bit more 'grown up' rather than a random mix of colour which looked a bit childish... in my opinion haha.

Anyone just have all the random colour they can get or anyone quite strict about the colour?

PingPongPony

Visit site
I try to colour co-ordinate too. Black is an everyday one, easy to keep clean, and looks neat enough for everyday. But our main colour is red. Red is for xc comps and schooling, lessons, going places generally. I also have a few matchy matchy sets that I use when I want too :) And all my tack must be black, including my boots, hat, gloves etc etc. Although I do seem to have acquired a brown pair of boots, but I will just ignore that cuz they're too comfy to be fussy about colour :)

moorhillhorses

Visit site
Yes it must match and the more plain the better! Also my riding clothes must match I'm loving some of the new recent styles in equestrian clothes now! I'm wearing little silk scarves with my polo t shirts! :)

princestar

Visit site
Haha I would post the picture but its like im 12, wearing a sisters hand me down jods haha. Jist ordered a plain black numnah with white embroidered name on each side, for a littls bit of glam, and put all my stuff for sale, not too worried about my clothes as i generally go for navy/black jods and I have a black coat.

Ive got so much different coloured stuff I just dont feel looks fun anymore hahs... isn't it funny how one picture can make you change everything haha

kerrieberry2

Visit site
me and Kelsey have pink and purple but my body protector is blue and her waterproof exercise sheet is blue and red, so often I feel a bit all over the place!

will need a new jacket and hat silk when I back Sam, as I don't think he will be impressed being dressed in pink or purple! though Kelsey's purple head collar does look rather fetching on him!

he will be red and blue though, boring!

Buds_mum

Visit site
Jesstickle I've seen the sock thread ;)

Your not alone though, I have started having a sort out, as when hacking out, once I've added my hi viz I look like a clown on my way to a disco :p

Will keep my silly socks though ;)

PleaseVenus

Visit site
God I'm quite colourful. I prefer my more plain jods now but I have colourful ones when I run out. I often have my clashing pink hi vis with a pink top D: looks awfulbut oh well.

princestar

Visit site
Haha both horse and riders really...

My hi viz exercise sheet is orange and I wear a yellow tabard/hat band -- personally I dont think hi viz can be bright enough, so maybe a couple of colours is better than one... although not pink lol.

I think maybe I've still got most of the colours I had when I first started riding over 10 years ago and now I need some more 'grown up' colours haha.

Some people make it look good and funky, I make it look like a clown haha

baby_dudley

Visit site
Ah I try to coordinate with my horse skull cap cover is navy and lilac and jods are all navy. Just the tops/ t shirts that let down my colour scheme haha!

Alphamare

Visit site
Complete mishmash myself and the horse and I don't care two boots either. My stuff is well taken care of and I am not at all bothered by colours needing to match. I won't pair black and brown though I hate it

NaeNae87

Visit site
My horses are in baby blue or black at home. I have other colours but they are for special occasions, eg; Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month that they wear at shows in October.

I am normally in black, blue or cream. I have a red and charcoal spreay jacket but it still matches. :) The colour co-ordination isn't intentional, I just really like blue and black is easy to keep clean.

Pigeon

Visit site
I'm quite strict :eek:

Clothes are generally just neutral colours and pony has SEVERAL sets of matching bandages and boots etc... I have a problem haha!

Amy567

Visit site
Still collecting myself! haha. Rugs are any colour I can get in his size at the shop when I go, they're actually all coordinated anyway. Black Numnah for everyday, white numnah for competitions, if we ever get to one, (though need to buy a new one - stupid moths -.-) and he has white wraps for schooling and black brushing boots for jumping. I tend to go for navy/black jods all the time, and any top I feel like wearing, I have a nice red Gillet that I'm itching to wear! It tends to be anything we can find at the time, we aren't terribly fussy, but all tack is plain colours, being black, white, navy blue or brown. I'm not much of a sparkly, girly colours sort of person :)

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I like EVERYTHING to match- black hat and boots to match horse normally for schooling and grey/purple/red accompaniants.

Navy hat for competing to go with jacket.

12_zps73ba0420.png

Although I haven't been faux pas free...
7FD03140-6E30-4254-8C3D-E0CC199BE96F-1908-0000014B77794F26_zpsd53f695b.jpg

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
I'd never noticed that about you :eek: :p

lol! its a contagious disease too, its amazing how many people i start teaching who are very neat but not matchy (brown/black/white numnah, brushing boots etc, and just neat clothing but not particularly toning) and 3 months later they are in full on matchy matchy, drowing in bling and patent!!!!!!!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
lol! its a contagious disease too, its amazing how many people i start teaching who are very neat but not matchy (brown/black/white numnah, brushing boots etc, and just neat clothing but not particularly toning) and 3 months later they are in full on matchy matchy, drowing in bling and patent!!!!!!!

You and NMT are what I aim for. :eek:

Unfortunately I have a seriously long way to go ;)

Nic

Visit site
Good grief, who has the time, energy & money to bother about colour coordinating every time they ride?!

I have leccy tape for my XC boots in my XC colours, that's as good as its gonna get!

Enfys

Visit site
I am a naturally 'brown' and invisible person, I have no colours and very little bling in my tackroom.

Years ago I would use anything that worked, for exercise, the bridle was bright blue webbing and I cringe to think about saddle clothes, out partying though I was as traditional as everyone else on the field, not that I was ever invisible with a rather ditzy pure white arab.

No boots or bandages either. I am a blue jeans, plaid shirt sort of person and blend in with my crowd.
I prefer not to draw attention to myself, unfortunately I still seem to prefer horses that do that by themselves without help, or hindrance, from me :(

I have no problem with others being matchy matchy, it makes no difference to the horse :)

I even bought my bridle to match the horse.

June2013333_zpsfdd40414.jpg

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
i like to match. Fabio's in brown tack and his for saddlepads are either turquoise, brown or light blue - or a combo of them colours! I generally wear brown and have t-shirts to match in with him! Very sad i know but at least we look pretty even if we're a bit useless!!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Good grief, who has the time, energy & money to bother about colour coordinating every time they ride?!

I have leccy tape for my XC boots in my XC colours, that's as good as its gonna get!

takes the same amoutn of time to put on toning clothing as madly mis matched though? and same amount of time to put on matching boot/bandages and pad, as any old ensemble?

re money, HKM, Horze and the eskadron cotton pads are all very good value for money and for tops, as well as pikeur, eurostar, HV polo etc i also have LOADS of primark and Esprit tops and gilets in all different colours, and you can get t shirts in EVERY colour for about £8 off ebay.

not saying anyone HAS to do it, but if you want to, its not ££££££ if you dont want it to be :)

Alphamare

Visit site
It is £££ though! And I personally really don't care enough to spend my hard earned money to match my horse or myself. It boils down to personal preference.

Loubidy

Visit site
Most of my stuff is plain because that's what I have always had to have at pony club it would be a waste of money to buy anything else. All of my rugs are just whatever fits at a good price though my sister is all for all matching blue amigo everything. For me it's easier and cheaper to just be plain.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
These days I own - two black, two dark, one dark green saddle and one white saddle cloth, a white and a black set of bandages and all my tack is black. My horse is bay.
I recently bought my horse a new headcollar because he had broken his black one, and in a bit of a hurry I picked up a tan coloured one because it had nice fluffy bits on it. Upon leaving the shop I looked at it again and realised it had sparkle on it - oh the shame :eek: