Missing pony Derbyshire

piglet69

New User
Visit site
Star went missing Wednesday January 16th@ 5pm in Smalley close to Ilkeston on the A608 where he bolted off down the main road. We are looking for as many volunteers that we can get together as a search party to bring this scared little boy home. Please spread this event with anyone you may know. Star is a black miniature horse who at the time had a full driving harness on and a blue sledge attach to him. Any information about his whereabouts would be great many thanks.

Reward now offered for the return of this pony, search party is meeting at the Bell Inn pub Smalley at 1pm. PLEASE be vigilant if you are in this area or post on your facebook and twitter pages if you have friends, family or contacts in this area. Its now 2 days he's been out in the cold, he is in full harness the sledge has been found detached but he is clipped.

https://www.facebook.com/events/534400529912946/ for further details.

Photo added https://www.facebook.com/events/534...1256804639218.32706.1802684613&type=1&theater

Thanks x

Last edited:

Elsiecat

Visit site
I presume you have but have you contacted your local police to see if they have a holding area or any reports?

piglet69

New User
Visit site
police have been informed and were planning to send the helicopter up as it has thermal heatseeking cameras but because of the snow they can't fly. RSPCA, vets and all local yards alerted and horsewatch. Desperate to find him now as don't know how long he can survive out in these temperatures.

Please all keep reposting x

cjt1701

Visit site
Piglet, where was sledge found? I know there was one sighting just after he got loose and he was heading towards Smalley Crossroads. Snow really belting down now and visability poor. Fingers crossed for news soon.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
He still hasn't been found. He got hit by a van and carried on running. They followed the tracks but then they stopped.

They have a tracker dog out now and think it has picked up a scent.

Hope he is found soon. Poor pony and owners.

Kat

Visit site
He still hasn't been found. He got hit by a van and carried on running. They followed the tracks but then they stopped.

They have a tracker dog out now and think it has picked up a scent.

Hope he is found soon. Poor pony and owners.

Oh dear tht is worrying. :(

I will keep my eyes open, normally I'd drive home that way but in this weather I'm sticking to the main roads I'm afraid. Everything crossed that he is found soon, I've been following it on facebook, one or two people i know are involved in the search.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS. The little Mini Horse below (Star) has been missing since Wednesday. He escaped with full harness and pulling the sledged. He went missing in the Smalley area in Derby. Donations are currently being taken so that a SUBSTANTIAL REWARD can be made to anyone who has information which leads to his safe return. Considering the amount of people who have been searching for him thoughts now start to turn to the possibility someone may have found him and kept him safe, or more worryingly may have been moved to another area. Please share this amongst as many friends as you can and keep vigilant. Thank you x
Please share this and help me find my baby boy soon!
Her mobile number is 07791 667925
Or 07808170633

Michaela Marie

putasocinit

Visit site
cant this be broadcast on the radio, just thinking people may have him or have seen him but not realise someone is looking for him unless they hear about it.

LaurenB

Visit site
It's been broadcast on the radio and all sorts, they really are doing everything they can. A search party has been out for 9 hours today from what's been on Facebook, poor guy

BarmyC

Visit site
Why did it take 2 days to report the missing pony to the police?

And seriously, what on earth were the owners thinking when they tied a sledge onto a bodied together harness?

I hope the pony is found safe but I seriously think that it's owner's should reconsider if they are suitable to look after a pony

Elsiecat

Visit site

And seriously, what on earth were the owners thinking when they tied a sledge onto a bodied together harness?

I hope the pony is found safe but I seriously think that it's owner's should reconsider if they are suitable to look after a pony

Don't you think this is 'punishment' enough for them!?
I hope they never see this post. And god forbid you ever make a mistake!

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
^^ this!! Everyone has made an error in judgement and no one knows the reason behind the pony bolting! Really really hope he is found soon, can't imagine how worried they must be. Following this thread with my fingers crossed

Trinity Fox

Visit site
I am afraid I have to agree with Barmy C when I first saw the pictures my first thought was please tell me they were not doing that when pony bolted, however I really do hope the little mite is found must be terrified.

I am too far away to help them search but sending them luck to find him.

Elsiecat

Visit site
I am afraid I have to agree with Barmy C when I first saw the pictures my first thought was please tell me they were not doing that when pony bolted, however I really do hope the little mite is found must be terrified.

I am too far away to help them search but sending them luck to find him.

It was an error in judgement. They clearly love this pony.
Judging them like this when they're obviously pulling their hair out with worry is really not helping anyone - pony included.

Nari

Visit site

I'm sorry if it offends people but this is exactly what I think too. Not to mention that taking the pony out on a road like that was putting many other people at risk. I feel very sorry for the pony, I have no sympathy for the owners.

Elsiecat

Visit site
I'm sorry if it offends people but this is exactly what I think too. Not to mention that taking the pony out on a road like that was putting many other people at risk. I feel very sorry for the pony, I have no sympathy for the owners.

So because 1 error in judgement, you think that, like BarmyC thinks, these people aren't suitable to own a pony?

Incredible, I thought it wasn't just me and the missing pony's owners that makes mistakes!!!
Yes what they've done is stupid but the consequence has more than made up for the action.

The only thing I agree with is that I don't see why (if this part is true) it took 2 days to report to the police.

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
Fair enough if that's what you think but there's such a thing as kicking someone when they're down. There's no need to post those thoughts on here when I'm certain they feel bad enough. Also again no one knows the history, they could have done this thing 100's of times with this pony and never had a problem, I know my horse is 100% in traffic but may spook at a leaf no one knows what happened. They are not asking for people's opinion of the incident they're asking for people to spread the word!

Tiffany

Visit site
Any news on little pony yet?

Can't believe there are people on here having a go about the owners and their actions. Must be wonderful to be perfect?