MISSING/STOLEN PIEBALD GYPSY COB.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I hate to say it, but I think the farmer needs a word.

He is ex directory, could you give him a knock tomorrow? I've shown a few the halter found and described the banking and so far everyone is thinking along my lines, sorry.

Trouble is he doesnt live there,but when I see him passing I will ask him if hes seen Flash.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I hate to say it, but I think the farmer needs a word.

He is ex directory, could you give him a knock tomorrow? I've shown a few the halter found and described the banking and so far everyone is thinking along my lines, sorry.

I will see if I can get you the phone number off Steve (farmer up top) and i'll text it too you.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Any luck yet??

Also, did you find his headcollar somewhere???

No he wasnt wearing a headcollar,no sign of him yet.Still looking.The farmer is going to go around on his quad bike later,so hopefully he might see him. Flash hates quad bikes. I just hope hes ok. Worried sick and Im stressing out now.he is my baby,dull as it sounds.He could be anywhere as all the fields go into one and other.Might be up the mountain or in the forestry. Just put ad in paper online etc.Going to put ad in local tack shop.Phone farrier and vet.
NED and microchip company informed and posted as missing.Horsewatch south wales,listed as missing,on a local website for missing pets,listed as missing.On here and FB. Other missing horse group on FB. Will keep you posted. Have crime ref number now.

Cedars

Visit site
If YOU posted about the farmer, you might have more of a chance of triggering someone's memory or whatever...

This doesn't add up.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
If YOU posted about the farmer, you might have more of a chance of triggering someone's memory or whatever...

This doesn't add up.

I did talk to farmer and nothing as yet.Will keep you posted.Im so worried.Havent eaten today or yesterday,well not properly.Worrying where on earth he is,is he ok? I want him home.
If worst comes to worst and something did happen to him I want to know so then i'd have closure.It horrible not knowing where he is.Things going through your mind thinking is he alive or stranded and cant find his way home.

Last edited:

lhotse

Visit site
Just a thought, it might be worth getting in touch with the Brecon MRT, they are experts in searching these sorts of areas, although they all work so it might have to wait until the weekend. They normally do training exercises on weekends, and they might be able to help you search a wider area. Just looked at the area on google maps, it's a pretty large area to search on your own. Might be worth taking the pony into the forest with you, if she calls out, he might just answer.

Joeb21

Visit site
Just a thought, it might be worth getting in touch with the Brecon MRT, they are experts in searching these sorts of areas, although they all work so it might have to wait until the weekend. They normally do training exercises on weekends, and they might be able to help you search a wider area. Just looked at the area on google maps, it's a pretty large area to search on your own. Might be worth taking the pony into the forest with you, if she calls out, he might just answer.
Thats a good point !!Take the pony with you, worth a try.

Tinseltoes

Visit site

Good idea.She was calling him tonight and it brought tears to my eyes.might take the
section A for a walk thru the forestry tomorrow.She will call him.
Your right it is a huge area,goes for miles and miles and miles.

Had to fix the fences again today as pony got into the field again,think shes looking for him and she wants the other farmers sheep as company.Both Flash and Ffion have been together since sept 2005 and theres no other horses in their field and shes now on her own. He is also listed on here
.http://neathporttalbot.olx.co.uk/
Will let you know if I have any news.

Last edited:

OWLIE185

Visit site
Is there an update on this lost/stolen horse?
If the horse has not been found may I suggest you ask the local gliding/flying club if any of their members would be able to assist in the search of this lost horse with their gliders/fixed wing planes or helicopters.
Also get the gate replaced with a kissing gate so that it will allow walkers through but not animals. (Available from a company called Centrewire).
Could any hoofprints be seen on the ground on the other side of the gate?

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Hi sorry not been in am having comp problems so having to use libarary.
Still no sign of my boy yet. He is plastered all over fb and others such as NED,horsewatch.
Will keep you posted.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I've messaged you on FB, I also live in Resolven and always walk the dog up in the forestry so if I see any signs I'll let you know.

Brilliant.I thought maybe he might of wondered up by Gwyn gwillym farm but nope,they havent seen him. Have been up as far as I can but nothing. If I had a horse to ride Id go up the mountain.

Still no sign of him.Did get a phone call from Ireland saying something about horse being in country down in a field between a carpark and busy traffic? Gave the number to the police but when they phoned him he didnt know anything about it and no clue who used his phone.Hoax call grrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks everyone,

Tinseltoes

Visit site
He is NOW on the stolen horse register.
Still no sign of "Flash" here are his details.Very concerned now.
He has spots on one side of his body around one of the patches. He also has a mark on his blaze.Hes got white eyelashes on the one side and black on the other.Has a black and white mane and some feather.He also has a cresent shape mark on side of head. Pictures to follow of all his markings.
Suffers from mites on the left back feather only.Loves rubbing his head,etc.

Last edited:

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
You must be so worried, I wish I lived closer and was able to help you to search. Would there be any way to get a bunch of local riders together at the weekend to comb the area? Although I'm sure you've thought of that already. Were there no clues..tyretracks or hoofprints?

Tinseltoes

Visit site
You must be so worried, I wish I lived closer and was able to help you to search. Would there be any way to get a bunch of local riders together at the weekend to comb the area? Although I'm sure you've thought of that already. Were there no clues..tyretracks or hoofprints?

Saw hoof prints in the fields.Funny thing is that the section A and him have ALWAYS been together all their lives and its weird that she didnt follow him.
Picture171-2.jpg

I am very worried as he doesnt like men and I find it strange hes just gone into thin air.

Mrs Claus

Visit site
good luck finding him would the police be aloud to check your fields and the forest?

p.s do you have Flash face book page?

ghostie

Visit site
Have you called all the vets within a decent radius? A lot of vets keep a register of missing animals in case they are called in to treat a stray, and some will let you put a post up in their waiting room.

Also try contacting local doggy groups like puppy training clubs, agility clubs, dog walking clubs and professional dog walkers - if he's in the forest or on the mountain dog walkers are your best bet of spotting him, and he's very distinctive so it shouldn't be too hard to see it's him!

Good luck.

wipeout

Visit site
If I had a horse to ride Id go up the mountain,

I'm sure it must be very worrying for you that he is missing and I'm sure local riders would realise this too and be up for helping if you asked them.
I have to say though, it would take more than a mountain to stop me looking for my horse if he was missing.

I really hope he turns up soon. Good luck

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My friend and her mates have been riding up the forestry and my other friends husband works in the forestry and the forestry commission know hes missing. He might of been stolen.Local people know my horse (everyone knows everyone else) and I know they walk up the mountain,but saying that he could of gone miles. Local farmer keeping eye open when he checks his sheep/lambs.
Thanks everyone for your help/advice. Will keep you posted.Heres some detailed pics of Flash!
Picture048-1.jpg

Picture043-3.jpg

Picture041-2.jpg

Picture040-2.jpg

Picture051-1.jpg

Picture171-2.jpg

Picture049-2.jpg

Picture174-1.jpg

Last edited:

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Im so sorry you still havnt found your boy, but bear in mind if stolen someone might have changed his appearance by hogging his mane and clipping his legs. If anyone is going to sales this is worth bearing in mind although his spots are very distinctive.

Good luck op and hope you find him soon.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Im so sorry you still havnt found your boy, but bear in mind if stolen someone might have changed his appearance by hogging his mane and clipping his legs. If anyone is going to sales this is worth bearing in mind although his spots are very distinctive.

Good luck op and hope you find him soon.

Thanks. How could they put him thru the sales as hes chipped and passported in my name.Yes his spots are very distinctive.Easily spotted.