MISSING/STOLEN PIEBALD GYPSY COB.

Dolcé

Visit site
Thanks. How could they put him thru the sales as hes chipped and passported in my name.Yes his spots are very distinctive.Easily spotted.

Sadly very easily! Unfortunately the chip/passport system is only observed by responsible owners, the ones who deal in stolen horses never did and never will take any notice of the law! You should be thinking about distributing photos to all the auctions just in case the worst has happened and he isn't just 'playing' in the forest. I hope you find him soon, it must be a terrible worry.

rockysmum

Visit site
I'm very sorry you have not found your boy.

Honestly though, I would be treating him as stolen by now.

Horses aren't stupid, they have pretty good survival insticts, mine know when we turn for home even if the dont know the route.

My boy escaped onto the moors a couple of times in the past. Once he had done a bit of exploring he came back to his friends and home. They are herd animals and where would he find company in the forest.

I would be putting his details to everyone as a stolen horse, markets, charities, slaughterhouses. Cant do any harm, just in case.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I'm very sorry you have not found your boy.

Honestly though, I would be treating him as stolen by now.

Horses aren't stupid, they have pretty good survival insticts, mine know when we turn for home even if the dont know the route.

My boy escaped onto the moors a couple of times in the past. Once he had done a bit of exploring he came back to his friends and home. They are herd animals and where would he find company in the forest.

I would be putting his details to everyone as a stolen horse, markets, charities, slaughterhouses. Cant do any harm, just in case.

He is on the STOLEN HORSE REGISTER,Also on NED,all over FB and here and in the papers online.I am going to change the status on NED as stolen.I have contacted a equine vet and will send them pics monday. I will contact potters and turners tomorrow and try to find out auctions etc. I am soooooooo worried as I know he would of come home by now and another thing he and the section A have been together all their lives and how come she didnt follow him? I find this very very weird as she stresses if he left her side.

Thanks for all your help.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Just talked to Potters and he told me to send details,pics,microchip number and police ref number to them. He did say its very doubtful tho.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Did your friend have any luck ? hope Potters can help

Friend must be busy as she isnt answering her phone right now.
Potters said its unlikely hed go thru there but had me send all the info I have,microchip number,crime ref number,details of horse,pics.etc
So they seem to be really helpful.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I have emailed Brightwells auctioneers just incase my cob was to end up there. If anyone else is going to any sales,could you please keep a look out for my boy??? Thanks.

DressageCob

Visit site
I'll probably be at Beeston tomorrow, so I will keep an eye out there. It's a long shot, given how far away we are, but it's worth a look.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
are there any, better, side on pictures of him you can put up?

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/sharon1959/?action=view&current=Picture048-1.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/sharon1959/?action=view&current=Picture045.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/sharon1959/?action=view&current=Picture041-2.jpg

Click on links and you can make them bigger.Print them out if you wish too. Hes now on SHR and Nesposse.

NR001622 - MISSING/STOLEN EQUINE UK, FLASH, South Wales

nicolagray

Visit site
where abouts in resolven are you , i live at melin court, and what area was the horse last seen, i go all over with my dog, is there any marks on him that stand out, are you sams daughter.
.. i got this through a response to the facebook link i posted, if you want to contact her my name on facebook is nicola trickett send a request and i will accept . the more people aware the more chance. will keep trying for you, my thoughts are with you

Tinseltoes

Visit site
where abouts in resolven are you , i live at melin court, and what area was the horse last seen, i go all over with my dog, is there any marks on him that stand out, are you sams daughter.
.. i got this through a response to the facebook link i posted, if you want to contact her my name on facebook is nicola trickett send a request and i will accept . the more people aware the more chance. will keep trying for you, my thoughts are with you

Have sent you a pm.Have added you as friend on FB.

Last edited:

netposse

www,netposse.com
NetPosse.com Missing Horse Alert UK 5/4/12: South Wales Flash is missing after escaping from field with another horse. That horse is home but Flash is still missing. Please visit this link, read more details and PRINT A FLYER and post in your community (in the UK), post this alert on Facebook and ask your friends to do the same. Thank you for your help. http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1622

There is a flyer that can be printed at this link.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
NetPosse.com Missing Horse Alert UK 5/4/12: South Wales Flash is missing after escaping from field with another horse. That horse is home but Flash is still missing. Please visit this link, read more details and PRINT A FLYER and post in your community (in the UK), post this alert on Facebook and ask your friends to do the same. Thank you for your help. http://www.netposse.com/view_report.asp?reportid=1622

There is a flyer that can be printed at this link.

Thanks so much.

netposse

www,netposse.com
We have all the pictures in one place on his NetPosse.com webpage. Go to www.netposse.com and he is listed under the hot links on the right side of the page or you can put in his report number inn the search bar.

DressageCob

Visit site
Nothing at Beeston. Lots of gypsies (both human and equine!) but none with your boy's markings. Hope he shows up soon x

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Nothing at Beeston. Lots of gypsies (both human and equine!) but none with your boy's markings. Hope he shows up soon x

Thanks for looking for me,really appreciate your help.
I found out today that a 2 year old red and white colt has been stolen from Swansea about 2 weeks ago.
I hope Flashy turns up soon.

KellyJoArnold

Visit site
I would contact all horse auctioneers;
Beaulieu in the new forest get alot of gypsy cobs come through, and also privatly under the trees! I'm going to the next sale there so will look out for him!

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I talked to the council this morning and the pony they found was NOT my boy.So now classing my boy as stolen as its been 3 weeks and no sign of him anywhere.
The council have taken my details in case a piebald is picked up.

lcharles

Visit site
Malvern auction is on tomorrow. I might go, ill keep an eye out if i do but may be worth finding someone who is DEFINTELY going! xx

Wonder where he is :O( x