Moorcroft Welfare Centre Legal Action

missrider2000

Visit site
A well known owner-breeder has sent a letter of claim to Moorcroft racehorse welfare centre for euthanasia of the their horses and those of other people.

Be aware of this if you are thinking of having any dealings with this organisation. Also be aware they have recently had a mass exodus of trustees

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site

Thank you both - that sheds a much clearer light on it all and the background - but how very sad to see this. Much the same scenario as we have for a very well known horse rescue charity over here in Ireland. At the end of the day who really suffers? Not the humans thats for sure :(

missrider2000

Visit site
Thank you both - that sheds a much clearer light on it all and the background - but how very sad to see this. Much the same scenario as we have for a very well known horse rescue charity over here in Ireland. At the end of the day who really suffers? Not the humans thats for sure :(

So true. It's a sorry state of affairs when money comes before compassion.

{138920}

Visit site
I don’t think either of these links shed any light on it at all! One of them is from YEARS ago and the other says nothing In particular. What are that actual facts?
Surely if a vet says a horse should be euthanised then why would anyone question a medically trained opinion? Is there more to this?

Visit site
I don’t think either of these links shed any light on it at all! One of them is from YEARS ago and the other says nothing In particular. What are that actual facts?
Surely if a vet says a horse should be euthanised then why would anyone question a medically trained opinion? Is there more to this?

There is a lot more to it than that.

{138920}

Visit site
I’m sure a vet wouldn’t just put a horse down without good medical reason. If they did then it should be the vets in trouble not Moorcroft? And as you say - rumours. Not facts.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I’m sure a vet wouldn’t just put a horse down without good medical reason. If they did then it should be the vets in trouble not Moorcroft? And as you say - rumours. Not facts.

What makes you think that it was a vet who euthanised? NB, I have no knowledge of what has been happening but I do know that a vet doesn't have to be involved in pts.

{138920}

Visit site
I’m sure they must get a lot of very broken horses coming in. What would you do if you spent a long time trying to fix it and couldn’t and it was in pain? Do you leave it in pain just to have as a pet? Or
Do you do the right thing? It’s a difficult one.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I’m sure they must get a lot of very broken horses coming in. What would you do if you spent a long time trying to fix it and couldn’t and it was in pain? Do you leave it in pain just to have as a pet? Or

It's always interesting when a new poster joins the forum seemingly for the sole purpose of defending an organisation which is being criticised. You haven't done an introduction in the intro section. Can you tell us who you are and if you have any connection to Moorcroft?

{138920}

Visit site
Im simply trying to see this from all sides. It seems your comment insinuates that this forum should only be for those ‘against’.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Im simply trying to see this from all sides. It seems your comment insinuates that this forum should only be for those ‘against’.

No, I'm not insinuating that at all, but I am asking if you have any connection with Moorfields, so we all know where we stand.

You've joined the forum, it seems, simply to post on this one thread. It seems to suggest a higher level of motivation than someone who just wants to put a different point of view.

{138920}

Visit site
You drew my attention to the point and having looked back all these posts it seems as if most of the comments are all ‘against’. I guess it was the wrong place to come to try and understand the situation from an unbiased position. This is a forum not a courtroom.

conniegirl

Visit site
Most normal posters introduce themselves first. They also post on other threads and generally take part in the forum before commenting on controversial posts like this.

meleeka

Visit site

I’m not anyone would criticise anyone for putting a horse in pain that’s not going to get better down. That isn’t what Moorcroft is being accused of though.

Velcrobum

Visit site
The whole idea of rehoming a racehorse is you retrain a sound horse to understand "conventional" aids and enable them to change career. I can understand taking a horse that has a mild tendon injury that will come sound and be capable of an alternative career but "very broken horses" I very much doubt.

I have an ex racehorse I got directly from the trainer he had lots of ability but just did not want to race.

honetpot

Visit site
When this came up last year I did a bit of research, looking at their accounts and what they said they did, which was not a lot. You have to donate money when you send a horse there last time I looked, I looked again, it still does.
So I suppose it all depends what the expectations were of the owner, if you are stumping up a large sum of money, you would expect something for it, so it would depend how quickly the horse(s) where euthanized and what for.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have no knowledge of this place but I do know much worse things can happen to not right TB’s than a quick PTS.