More revelations on AHAR

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Well he would be the one with the information you want. Hence, it is obvious he would be the one to contact to get the answers you want.

Yes, let me just dig out his number :confused3:. I presume AHAR would know but I would just get banned for questioning it with the very clear evidence so....

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I dont have a problem with you having an opinion, its just you are making statements and not giving evidence to back it up just Ahar quotes.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable horsey people on this forum, far more knowledgeable than me and when I made this post I wanted to hear their opinions, they are all aghast at this poor pony and all can see she has not had treatment for a long time regardless of what Ahar says. When knowledgeable people like that give an opinion you take note, its obvious to me that you believe everything Ahar tell you well no one here is as I said connected to the expose page so people are giving their honest opinion and its not agreeing with you or Ahar.

ester

Visit site
thats rubbish. That means you think its ok to have a crippled, sore, badly conditioned horse hobbling round uncared for in a rough field. They ARENT doing everything they can for her, very obviously they aren't. Her feet were in much better condition before. she has gotten WORSE with them. She might have been shod at one stage. but she is worse now.

There are worse things than being pts peacefully for a horse. There is loss of dignity, loss of quality of life, ignorance of care. and the kindest thing would have been to put that horse to sleep.

Of course they will get donations for an operation. And do you think their quality of care after the operation can be trusted? Honestly? If they've shown the low level of care they have after a farrier visit?

that would be my concern paddi, if they haven't been able to keep up with the farriery pre operation, how will they keep up with it (because it will still need to be done) after the operation, and all the other rehab necessary. But then when you have someone who thinks hooves being steep is not good however upright the pasterns I think we might be on a losing wicket...

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
thats rubbish. That means you think its ok to have a crippled, sore, badly conditioned horse hobbling round uncared for in a rough field. They ARENT doing everything they can for her, very obviously they aren't. Her feet were in much better condition before. she has gotten WORSE with them. She might have been shod at one stage. but she is worse now.

There are worse things than being pts peacefully for a horse. There is loss of dignity, loss of quality of life, ignorance of care. and the kindest thing would have been to put that horse to sleep.

Of course they will get donations for an operation. And do you think their quality of care after the operation can be trusted? Honestly? If they've shown the low level of care they have after a farrier visit?

It means exactly what it said. I would do all I could for her, if all else failed then I would put her to sleep. I would not just kill an animal because I couldn't be bothered with treatment, even if it was for the long haul.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
I dont have a problem with you having an opinion, its just you are making statements and not giving evidence to back it up just Ahar quotes.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable horsey people on this forum, far more knowledgeable than me and when I made this post I wanted to hear their opinions, they are all aghast at this poor pony and all can see she has not had treatment for a long time regardless of what Ahar says. When knowledgeable people like that give an opinion you take note, its obvious to me that you believe everything Ahar tell you well no one here is as I said connected to the expose page so people are giving their honest opinion and its not agreeing with you or Ahar.

Do you have any self awareness at all?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
that would be my concern paddi, if they haven't been able to keep up with the farriery pre operation, how will they keep up with it (because it will still need to be done) after the operation, and all the other rehab necessary. But then when you have someone who thinks hooves being steep is not good however upright the pasterns I think we might be on a losing wicket...

How do you propose stretching the ligaments if the hooves are almost vertical. The horse is standing on tip toe, it's like wearing a pair of stiletto's.

paddi22

Visit site
It means exactly what it said. I would do all I could for her, if all else failed then I would put her to sleep. I would not just kill an animal because I couldn't be bothered with treatment, even if it was for the long haul.

so from that statement i take that 'all you could' means to leave it in a field, hobbling round, in pain, uncared for, with no pain relief. And not have a farrier regularly check it.

if thats the kind of person you are, then fine. You need to take a long look at yourself and try and seperate the high you get from 'saving animals' from the actual reality of what you are doing which is enabling more cruelty.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
so from that statement i take that 'all you could' means to leave it in a field, hobbling round, in pain, uncared for, with no pain relief. And not have a farrier regularly check it.

if thats the kind of person you are, then fine. You need to take a long look at yourself and try and seperate the high you get from 'saving animals' from the actual reality of what you are doing which is enabling more cruelty.

Sorry, could you provide the evidence that the horse was uncared for and had no pain relief?

paddi22

Visit site
How do you propose stretching the ligaments if the hooves are almost vertical. The horse is standing on tip toe, it's like wearing a pair of stiletto's.

no one is saying to stretch anything. i would hazard a guess that most of the posters here would have put the poor animal to sleep before the situation developed that much. Can you not see how cruel it is that they aren't getting a farrier up constantly to check it? I've a mini with a club foot and my farrier comes every six weeks.

I am infuriated that they would even consider getting that poor creature an operation, when they haven't shown even BASIC care in hoof care.

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
no one is saying to stretch anything. i would hazard a guess that most of the posters here would have put the poor animal to sleep before the situation developed that much. Can you not see how cruel it is that they aren't getting a farrier up constantly to check it? I've a mini with a club foot and my farrier comes every six weeks.

I am infuriated that they would even consider getting that poor creature an operation, when they haven't shown even BASIC care in hoof care.

I may be mistaken, but I understand that a near normal shaped hoof with everything in correct alignment is the desired end for a horse with club foot, otherwise, what's the point of treatment?

paddi22

Visit site
Sorry, could you provide the evidence that the horse was uncared for and had no pain relief?

eh have you watched the video? the horse is in rubbish condition, rubbish coat, in bad condition. so its fairly safe to say its not getting feed/vitamins etc. The coat and poor condition shows that.

The way its hobbling and how misearable it looks (as shown in the video also) would also show it's feeling sore and hasn't received pain relief.

the length and condition of the hooves shows the farrier hasn't been near it for a long time. Also proving no care.

all things are proved so. happy?

I've a field of my horses outside and i can go out and take pics this second to show happy, gleaming, healthy horses, even the one with the club foot.

Can you show me the proof of photos of the horse in good condition with a gleaming summer coat, moving happily around and not showing pain in its eyes? and if you can't then why not?

paddi22

Visit site
i seriously doubt your mental capacity now, honestly. If thats the goal (as you state yourself) why would you leave it in a field untreated for months? you honestly can't be that naieve?

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
eh have you watched the video? the horse is in rubbish condition, rubbish coat, in bad condition. so its fairly safe to say its not getting feed/vitamins etc. The coat and poor condition shows that.

The way its hobbling and how misearable it looks (as shown in the video also) would also show it's feeling sore and hasn't received pain relief.

the length and condition of the hooves shows the farrier hasn't been near it for a long time. Also proving no care.

all things are proved so. happy?

I've a field of my horses outside and i can go out and take pics this second to show happy, gleaming, healthy horses, even the one with the club foot.

Can you show me the proof of photos of the horse in good condition with a gleaming summer coat, moving happily around and not showing pain in its eyes? and if you can't then why not?

Are we watching the same video. The coat looks fine to me and she seems to be well covered and well, I don't think we got close enough to see her eyes and for some odd reason the face was blurred out.

paddi22

Visit site
yes we are watching the same video. I just took my rose tinted glass off and that's what it doesn't look blurry to me.

you should try that

Chocolate moonbeam

Visit site
i seriously doubt your mental capacity now, honestly. If thats the goal (as you state yourself) why would you leave it in a field untreated for months? you honestly can't be that naieve?

The explanation given was to give her a break on grass before her operation and a long winter inside.

Don't shoot the messenger.

stormox

Visit site
The clip of her in the field with the other pony at the beginning of the video came from the AHAR page which as I understand it is where she was found.

Someone posted a question on FB where did AHAR get her from when she first went to AHAR and before she went to Abbeyfeale, it was answered that she came from the meatman. So AHAR are buying horses from the meatman to 'save' them, when really, IMHO, this particular one could have been saved a lot of suffering by being left with him.

kiskadee

Visit site
Instead of all being up in arms about this post why don't you all use your energies to try and get change in Ireland to the appalling welfare crisis that they face. Why don't you start lobbying the Irish Parliament to try and do something about the appalling equine, then we all might be starting to help these poor animals Then you really would be doing something to help with animal welfare. In fact why are you not for those of you who are UK based, not campaigning with the British Government to bring in a minimum age that an equine can be driven and campaigning against tethering and the unwanted breeding especially of travellers horses.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
The explanation given was to give her a break on grass before her operation and a long winter inside.

But she is not on grass, well not grass as we would describe it on here,, its scrub land do you think that field is suitable for horses in rehab? because to me nothing is going to thrive on that and surely you can see that.

paddi22

Visit site

do you just believe everything you are told. There is NO PLANET in the galaxy where a vet would recommend turning a horse out to just hobble round in pain and not been treated by a farrier. do you honestly think a vet would go down and look at a horse that is leaning back in pain, afraid to put weight on its left fore, with overlong and cracked hooves (and my guess would be white line damage and limi) and think thats fine? really? did you believe it just because someone told you? can you not look at how that poor horse is hobbling and wonder if you've been lied to?

paddi22

Visit site
Instead of all being up in arms about this post why don't you all use your energies to try and get change in Ireland to the appalling welfare crisis that they face. Why don't you start lobbying the Irish Parliament to try and do something about the appalling equine, then we all might be starting to help these poor animals Then you really would be doing something to help with animal welfare. In fact why are you not for those of you who are UK based, not campaigning with the British Government to bring in a minimum age that an equine can be driven and campaigning against tethering and the unwanted breeding especially of travellers horses.

eh i do. i rehome and retrain horses from the pound so they can have good lives and a future. I can look in my field this minute and see 6 rescue horses that came in **** condition. I work with a horse charity. I've a sulky racer there thats came to me broken since she was 8 months and is not getting a well deserved break. I petition everyone i can. And i'd hazerd a guess a lot of the posters on this thread do genuine work to help horses as well.

So you can sit down with the judgy comments and actually aim them at the people who donate money to animal hoarders with a saint complex who actually inflict cruelty while fleecing cash off well meaning idiots

kiskadee

Visit site
But she is not on grass, well not grass as we would describe it on here,, its scrub land do you think that field is suitable for horses in rehab? because to me nothing is going to thrive on that and surely you can see that.

Yes its great grazing for rehab actually as its the same as I have here in Wales. The worst grass you could put a rehab case that has been starved is on good cow pasture or lush grazing. It is far better to be a good rough lay with sedge which is the thicker grass and a number of natural herbs. And yes I do know what I am talking about as an equine scientist. In respect of the poor horse that has been featured actually she does not have a club foot but contracted tendons. Treatment is a complicated and difficult one in this situtation

ester

Visit site

As I said before, I don't think you understand the biomechanics here. The horse isn't on tip toe now, she is knuckled over. . .