MORE weekend plans!

Nicnac

Visit site
Sprog taking both to Borde Hill tomorrow. I’ve been away for a month hence her riding mine and she’s taking her accident prone youngster to his first event. Apologies in advance if a big bay TB upsets your horse. He likes to pretend he’s human by standing up and waving when asked to do something he finds scary. Although with all this rain we’ll probably be studding so they’ll hopefully keep his front feet stuck in the mud ��

Wimbles

Visit site
After coming away so positively from Eland camp, I'm off with Koko to our first SJ competition. I'm excited and terrified in equal amounts!

I went to a an RoR club night with Sam last night but got things a bit wrong as managed to book onto a SJ clinic on my non-jumping horseball playing steed! Oops! To his credit he coped very well with all the poles but was very lairy and a bit keen over the small fences.

Aspire

Visit site
First weekend off in a while. Have booked on my first ride with @Ride Yorkshire. Nice steady one. I like the fact that they restrict the group size to half a dozen and you know in advance the speed expected. I am a bit of a control freak as when you spent as long getting rebuilt as I did I am in no hurry to return to a hospital bed. My boy can be a bit hot, so steady suits us just fine. There's tea and cake at the end so looking forwards to a pleasant day outside the confines of the dressage arena.

Embo

Visit site
Still nothing for us as splint is still hot :( had planned on Borde Hill UA this weekend so sadly won't be able to go. After all this rain the going should be amazing.

Really hoping we'll be back in action and ready for Chilham UA in September.

The worst thing about all this is I started a new job 3 weeks ago (the week after B busted through the fence and injured himself) which is fully work from home, so I'm barely getting any exercise without riding :D really struggling to motivate myself to move about!

Anyway, you don't want to read my life story... Have fun, everyone! Enjoy your weekend! I look forward to reading lots of competition reports :) don't forget to take photos!!

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing....

After being out on both Sat and Sun last week, we're trying for calm this weekend lol.

Hubby is steward at local event, so while he's organising fence judge briefings and the like, F and I are going to stay at home and jump...

Then on Sunday we have an early start to go to the RDS.... Can't wait 😁😁

Fiona

blood_magik

Visit site
day of two halves for us today - I’d entered two classes and managed to miss the first one because of a combo of it being super quiet at ingliston and getting caught behind an accident on the m8.

Figured we’d have a bash at the newcomers anyways despite there being a few big-looking fences and I’m so glad we did because we managed to jump clear despite rubbing two on the way round.

Ended up 7th as there wasn’t enough entries to split the class into NC and open. If the next one goes well then I think we’ll drop the 1.05m warm up and start thinking about trying a 1.15m before the end of the year.

[video=youtube_share;ielNXGWb-h8]https://youtu.be/ielNXGWb-h8[/video]

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
It wasn't quite the outcome I was hoping for :p.
Starting colour:
3769438_003_f_s.jpg

Result:
38824841_10156691779246882_4852588943058665472_n.jpg

You can sort of see the orange and black weave:
38821390_10156691779241882_8450333796804329472_n.jpg

I'll still wear them but I was hoping for normal black. I've got another pair and a box of navy dye I'm eyeing up but am very concerned about what colour they'll go![/QUOTE

I think it is because cotton takes the dye easily and polyesters / man made materials need a different kind of dye. I found man made material always comes out lighter than expected. My attempts at black have only ever come out charcoal grey and then got paler after each wash.

scats

Visit site
Change of plan for me. I’ve decided to withdraw from tomorrow’s dressage and do another week of loading and travelling Practice. Millie has been loading all week, but is still very nervous of the bar and ramp going up and gets herself in quite a panic about it. I’ve decided that she needs a bit more work in this area and that pushing her at this stage might put her off loading altogether.

Bit disappointed but trying to think long term with her.

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
We survived our pole clinic with only one flying dismount 😋. Was really pleased she came off the lorry quite chilled and worked around the other 2 (a previous issue that has resurrected itself since her time off). She was unsurprisingly tense and gets anxious if she touches a pole, but she mostly kept it together. Then she got tired and her tired brain couldn't cope. I should have asked to do the simpler exercise after she spun at one of the other horses, but hindsight etc... She got half way through and had a mini meltdown spun and reared with a twist and I ended up stood next to her. Got back on and walked through the poles, then trotted some straight poles and left it at that. All in all I was happy and it was nice to be back out on her.

Chippers1

Visit site
I tried to go for a gallop in the stubble fields but the ground is so cracked I couldn't get out of trot, and then had to stop after he tripped on one I couldn't avoid, stupid hot weather! At least I can on the beach tomorrow 😁

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We had an amazing weekend, and the sun came out to join us too!

IMG_3299.PNG

Both of my boys were in top form and we made some really great progress both in the flat and over fences. Now I can't wait to get back in the saddle and keep working on everything.

IMG_3333.PNG

Michen

Visit site
Delighted with my guy who finished 3rd on his dressage yesterday (judges comments said rather over eager at times!). Shame about the dressage as the steward whacked the window just as we came passed to get a fly and upset him, so made for an even more tense test than the tense test it was going to be anyway.

He gave me the usual awesome xc ride, I don’t think he’s ever needed so much as a nudge into an xc fence- a real machine. My showjumping riding is still very weak so I will be sticking to 80s for now I think!

Wimbles

Visit site
Survived our first SJ competition together at Speetley. Unfortunately Koko had to be even more amazing than usual as her jockey had shamefully got hideously drunk the night before and could think of nothing more than going the right way and keeping my stomach contents inside the whole way round. She looked after me and we even came home with a 6th placed frilly. Love my horse!

rosiesowner

Visit site
Looks brilliant Michen! Wimbles, good on you for surviving that hungover!
Yesterday I went with a couple of friends to the pony euros at bishop as their lovely daughters are part of the holderness hunt pc and so were helping with prize givings for show jumping and dressage. some brilliant riding seen and the girls really enjoyed themselves. plus, plenty of free cake. Definitely a good hangover cure :)

Bernster

Visit site
Fantastic Michen and Wimbles.

Wimbles, I had similar prep staying up til 2am playing poker with friends - not the best set up for a sj lesson! I chickened out of competing as didn't feel ready but instead pootled off for a very long round trip to a sj instructor. I could just feel a little sj wobble coming on but I think I might have nipped it in the bud (fingers crossed) with a good session. We focused on my jump position which I've never really done before and I could def feel how this work will help. Worth a few more trips I think.

rara007

Visit site
Pretty good one here- only inhand but won the large breeds, the coloureds and then the overall inhand champion :)

39032440_10160583762915648_2009306093297074176_n.jpg

Potential new horse has also just passed the vet- now need to work out if I'm actually going to view him or just buy him!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
First Prelim with baby horse. Canter on one rein is still a bit iffy but it's only a local event so giving it a go.

He behaved himself at the show though it took two attempts to get the right lead on his iffy rein. Otherwise I was quite happy with him. Got 62.5% so plenty to work on but as a first attempt I'm quite pleased with him.