Most ridiculous horse names you've come across....??

RLS

Visit site
I had a retired racehorse called Kevin. Which was also the name of my farrier at the time, could be a bit confusing!

Frosty89

Visit site
I love silly names for horses, makes me chuckle. I've always said I even breed my own then I'll call it Dave even if it's a mare haha.

I had a pony called Vera and I find the look on peoples faces when you tell them the name hilarious!

Embo

Visit site
I currently know a Colin.

My friends two horses are called Billy and Bob.

The best one I know at the moment is Betty Sparkles!

*sprinkles*

Visit site
A woman I used to work for had an horrifically bad memory, and had many horses come and go and so had a very hard time remembering horses names so she used to assign them barn names when they arrived based on description (obviously they maintained their proper passported names, this was for day to day) so we had horses with names like Baby-Horse, Whitey, Shorty, Crazy, Red, Shaggy-Pony etc. I'm not kidding, these were the names they were given and we had to use in front of clients which was a bit embarrassing but at least we always knew which horses she was talking about haha!

Casey76

Visit site
Well I currently know a Gary, a Malcolm and a Johnny. I used to know a buckskin called Buck, and a paint called Paint. My old horse was called Pinto (I thought I was going to see a pinto horse lol).

Blitz's breeder called his next foal Calamity (which probably doesn't have the same impact in French)

RLS

Visit site
At a livery yard where I use to work there was a (at that time 6yr old) horse called Foal. They had never got around to thinking of another name for her, apparently.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I know a lovely fleabitten grey, 16.3hh sporthorse called Cuddles (that's the name on his passport) . . . and a mahoosive coloured shire cross called Sexy.

P

jedragon

New User
Visit site
my ginger welsh D's stud name is Denwyn Segaris, his breeder called him Sarge, when he came to us we renamed him dragon fly, or fly, quickly renamed him Dragon, really suits him, and definatly an earned name
my first horse was louisiana play boy or louis
there is also a coloured cob in my yard called Haribo or Hobo for short

ncarter

Visit site
I got beaten in a SJ class the other week by a cute little thing, can't have been more that 12.2hh, but it was called 'Rinky Dinky Donut'.
Quite funny hearing that come out over the tannoy!

Arizahn

Visit site
As a child, the riding school had a lot of horses named after famous hotels! I also wasn't keen on the name Chippy, but the pony himself was wonderful :)

splashnutti1

Visit site
when i was at uni there was a lovely big white arab called ''ug'' also we had ones called fanta, polo and michael lol

went to view one once but couldnt see myself owning a horse called 'pansy'.

also have known, 'half pint' gayboy' and 'petal' 'nonee' and 'bob the cob' haha

mine are pretty normal i have Sherman and Sherkahn lol.

brucethegypsycob

Visit site
Back in the 1970,s when I was a wee child brought up in deepest darkest Cornwall I used to ride a lovely grey cob called Biryanni and his field mate was called chapati,. I kid you not. I knew nothing about Indian food back then. Lol

Bantry

Visit site
Not sure who chooses to name a foal after men's underwear but I've got a 'Boxer'. He's 15 now and answers to it... There's not even a good abbreviation

Wasn't Boxer the name of the horse in Animal Farm? I think its a great name and would associate it with a fighter rather than underwear! Boxer's motto was "I will work harder".

I know several people who own mares and can't seem to call them anything other than "my mare" even though the horse has a name. Never heard a gelding owner doing the same