Most ridiculous horse names you've come across....??

BethanT

Visit site
We've had a Baby and a Bay mare on our yard.

Current horse is called Richard though. Slightly confusing when on the phone to my dad who has the same name and when said pony does something to warrant a shout :p

wyrdsister

Visit site
Oh, we had a couple of crackers: Red Lake Mountain Ringlet (passported name - apparently it's some sort of butterfly) and a Crispy (so called because his trailer caught fire on the journey to the yard and he had to be rescued, a little singed! :eek:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
and i dont know why i find it weird but Alice.

Excuse me, I am not weird, I am Adorable Alice and I am a lot bigger now and might come and stand on your foot !

537.jpg

Nessa4

Visit site
We have a Nigel and a Shirley on our yard - Shirley is a boy!

I saw someone on another forum with a ponly called Peni (she wanted to spell it a bit different from Penny to make her stand out) - only problem was when writing her name on buckets - it came out as Peni's. Think about it......... you got it!

Big Daddy (of wrestling fame)'s real name was Shirley Crabtree!!

My boy is Eric, and many years ago I used to ride a horse called Twinkletoes - he was an 18hand TBxClydesdale, built like a brick outhouse

Last edited:

twiggy2

Visit site
Emma, I never liked that name for a horse
Biscuit
Lalka-it just doesn't roll off the tongue
Mosha
Soda

Jeremy
Rodney-he was a plonker, 17.3hh of complete bronking plonker, always without fail at top dressage shows 17.3hh of bright orange (with persil white legs) Rodney would explode bronking across the warm up arena I never know how his (5ft) owner/rider stayed on him. He was a dork on the yard too complete pillock but lovely you just had to be careful round him as he meant no harm.
I would like someone to call a little colt foal of a heavy breed Clegg, I like that name

armchair_rider

Visit site
Oh and a Palamino called Custar...... think they forgot the d on the end

Maybe it was supposed to be named after General Custer and they didn't bother to look up the spelling?

Funniest one I know at the moment is a small grey Welsh with a very quiet temprament which is called Taz - doesn't really suit him. I also know a Heidi (but it does rather suit her) and a Homer - which is fine in itself but you do have to be careful about what you shorten it to! Oddest one ever was probably Sunday.

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
At the uni riding club, I met a Nigel, a Nick, a Trevor, a Bart and a Gavin. I find 'people' names a bit odd on horses.

As a kid I had ponies, including Muppet (a very pretty NF mare. Her real name was Holly, but the previous owner already had a Holly, so she became Muppet), Dickie (had to change it to 'Rocky' as we couldn't shout 'Dickie' down the field), and Britvic 55 (known as Britney, which is another terrible name for a pony, but she was the best pony I ever had)

Currently sharing Lady Gaga. Thankfully it can be shortened to 'Lady' which is a proper horse name, but it's a bit of a shame we're too embarrassed to put her full name on competition entries!

montanna

Visit site
My youngster is called Tabatha which everyone finds funny!

She is still stabled where she was bred, all the foals that year were named after cats - we also still have Orlando (the marmalade cat) and Mog on the yard.

Also had an ASBO until he was sold last year.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Oh and my horse's little spotty shettie fieldmate is called . . . Roger - and YO's family used to have a pony called Barbie Pink.

P

XxCoriexX

Visit site
sadly i know a horse called 'bummer'!!! yes that is HER real name and yes we have told the owner how horrible it was! honestly think we should change it to something else but no go according to the owner lol!

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
I've known a Sandra, a Bungee (so called so the owner could go Bungee - jumping!) a Clumsy...I'm sure there's more just can't think at the mo. I like quirky names especially when there's a story behind them :)

EmmaB

Visit site
sadly i know a horse called 'bummer'!!! yes that is HER real name and yes we have told the owner how horrible it was! honestly think we should change it to something else but no go according to the owner lol!

Oh god that has gotta be one of the worst!! Human names can be quite nice sometimes, even the wierd ones, but bummer is just hilariously awful!! :D

Mince Pie

Visit site
I've known a Sandra, a Bungee (so called so the owner could go Bungee - jumping!) a Clumsy...I'm sure there's more just can't think at the mo. I like quirky names especially when there's a story behind them :)

I knew a Bunji as well!
I remember one of the first horses I rode was called Dumpedoo... Lovely black gentleman, he was such a sweetheart of a horse so not sure how he ended up with such a shocker of a name!