Moving to the UK (Lakenheath) from the US (with my horse?)

Pippity

Visit site
Having read your recent update, I think I'm leaning towards bringing Sig with you. It sounds like competing at 1.20+ in the US would be difficult in terms of time and money, even with the perfect horse. It's the choice between hypothetically competing at 1.20+ in the US, or living the UK horsey dream with Sig. (And, with 1.20 classes here being more accessible, you could try him over those bigger courses and see if he surprises you.)

honetpot

Visit site
From Lakenheath there are a few venues, pretty close, so finding somewhere to compete is not a problem, at any level.
https://www.forestedgearena.com/
https://www.thejaysec.co.uk/
further away, about 90mins,
http://keysoe.com/live.shtml
I think it comes down to cost, what are the costs of travelling him over here. Finding a barn/field shouldn't be an issue, there are cheap as chips, to putting him in full livery at somewhere like Keysoe, https://www.anvil-park-stud.co.uk/about-us/,or https://sedgewayec.com/.
I used to subscribe to a US horse magazine, and many of our costs are a lot less, I think getting used to our very changeable weather will be the hardest thing, but you will be living in one of the driest parts of the UK.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Oh just bring Sig! ? I don't see this going any other way now.

I don't think you'll regret it.

I'm sure in 1.5 years or so I'll be pacing back and forth debating on what to do with my horse. While I think I want to bring him (no question if I move to the UK or within the EU) I know I could be more responsible financially. Then again, there is nothing financially responsible about owning a horse!

I think you'll be a The competitions are more affordable and accessible in comparison to the US and the people are generally quite lovely. Would choose the UK any day over Germany ?

Lammy

Visit site
Sometimes you have to do stuff that will keep your heart happy even if it makes no logical sense ?

Bring Sig over have a wonderful time in the UK competing and hacking then go back with lots of wonderful stories to tell. If he’s on full livery you’ll still have time to travel and really can travel Europe on a budget. There will also be lots of horsey outings (hopefully) that won’t be too far, Burghley is pretty nearby to where you’ll be. Also you’ve got the gorgeous Norfolk beaches to ride on just over an hour away. I’ve a friend who runs a horsey camping place by the seaside if you want some info.

If I were moving countries I wouldn’t want to spend my time horse shopping, in an ideal world I’d take my horse with me and just have fun. So if that’s do able for you then that’s what I’d do. You can always come back over to the UK for a horsey shopping trip in the future if that’s what you wanted ?

Trouper

Visit site
One final word from me and then I will stop torturing you with options (!) - if the finances end up being reasonably balanced with the latest info you have given us about what you will sell before you leave - then just go with your heart. At the end you will know you did the best for Sig and his care remained under your control.

ponios

Visit site
I'm a heart over head person so in your situation I would be bringing horse over.

You sound like an experienced competent rider/owner so you may have no problems but I retired a horse of a lifetime that I evented upto novice about 3 years ago and its taken me only until 6 months ago to find another suitable horse, I had one in between that did an injury and then another that just wasn't quite right for me (but thankfully perfect for a friend!). I also encountered some unscrupulous sellers along the way and a couple of close shaves that could have cost me in failed vettings so that is something else to consider.

I suppose what I am saying is that you sound like you have a lovely horse now, I'm not sure I would risk trying to find a replacement over here. Of course you may have better luck than me but I don't think I am a particularly unusual case unfortunately! Hoping that current horse stays fit and sound for years as I really couldn't face going back into the horse market again!

Good luck with whichever route you choose!

BunnyDog

Visit site
@SibeliusMB (And everyone else for that matter) I have emailed my friends at the Equine Transport firm that flew both Cudo and Chad over here. I asked for the current prices to get Sig from Ky to the UK this year and any thoughts/estimates on bringing him back in a couple years and we'll see what they are.

Once upon a time I'd asked if it was possible to take Cudo back to the UK to do some shows and then come back. Those prices made me cry. Apparently it matters which nationality the Owner is when the horse loads on the plane and what nation that it's headed to. Also Brexit has apparently complicated matters a bit as well.

Once I hear back I will post my findings here.

Em

BunnyDog

Visit site
I am SO EXCITED! UK horsey adventures await!!! You need to come because NONE of my American counterparts at work are going to understand any of this obsession. :D:p Thank you again for the suggestion to come here because this might be the best horse forum, ever? Fight me, COTH!! :cool:

You know we can have Cudo and Sig horsey adventures in the Bluegrass BEFORE you leave!!!!!

Cudo LOVES Ky and Chad might need a road trip also!!!

Lets get past the frozen ground and Covid and meet up and do something FUN!!!! But definitely...UK adventures....FOR SURE!

Em

honetpot

Visit site
@SibeliusMB (And everyone else for that matter) I have emailed my friends at the Equine Transport firm that flew both Cudo and Chad over here. I asked for the current prices to get Sig from Ky to the UK this year and any thoughts/estimates on bringing him back in a couple years and we'll see what they are.

Once upon a time I'd asked if it was possible to take Cudo back to the UK to do some shows and then come back. Those prices made me cry. Apparently it matters which nationality the Owner is when the horse loads on the plane and what nation that it's headed to. Also Brexit has apparently complicated matters a bit as well.

Once I hear back I will post my findings here.

Em
I would try a racehorse transport firm. The breeding season is starting here soon, and most transporters have regular routes to Newmarket, Lakenheath is about 25-30 mins from Newmarket.
To start you off, https://newmarketracehorsetransport.co.uk/

BunnyDog

Visit site
So here's what my friend from Equijet has given me as a rough estimate.

"Plan on the following per horse

$5,850 30 day pre export quarantine per horse, airfreight, shipping to the airport
$2,500 - $3,500 arrival charges"

Em

SibeliusMB

Visit site
To everyone that's replied in the last day, thank you!! <3 I so appreciate everyone being so kind and understanding about this insanity, and taking the time to read and reply. I am so grateful for you all. I've read everyone's thoughts and it does seem like Sig is going for some plane rides! ;)

I'll take the next couple of months to continue on with Sig and see where we stand in April or May before I make a final decision on whether to bring him. But as I told Em, I had a really hard day at work on Monday and it was that super romantic idea of hacking out on Sig somewhere in the Thetford or Cambridgeshire area that settled me down and made me feel at peace. So as I get my financial stuff in order, as long as it still looks feasible, I think I'll try to bring him with. It's the adventure of a lifetime and in it's own poetic way, that is priceless.

And having made some friends in the UK I'm sure it's the perfect excuse to come back in several years down the road to visit and do some horse shopping then! :)

You know we can have Cudo and Sig horsey adventures in the Bluegrass BEFORE you leave!!!!!

Cudo LOVES Ky and Chad might need a road trip also!!!

Lets get past the frozen ground and Covid and meet up and do something FUN!!!! But definitely...UK adventures....FOR SURE!

Em
BRING ALL THE PONIES! Chad would love a road trip with brother and more fun life experiences! We need to fully document this so our UK friends can see Bluegrass horse fun. There will be bourbon and bad decisions. :cool:

I would try a racehorse transport firm. The breeding season is starting here soon, and most transporters have regular routes to Newmarket, Lakenheath is about 25-30 mins from Newmarket.
To start you off, https://newmarketracehorsetransport.co.uk/
Thank you so much for this! I will do some research and also talk to our Thoroughbred industry contacts here in Lexington, Kentucky to see if it's possible for Sig to hop on one of these flights straight into the UK from Louisville. This scenario would be absolutely ideal and it's nice having both the beginning and end destinations be the two TB meccas of the world. I don't know if the move would line up with any of the major sales at Fasig-Tipton or Keeneland, but that might be a good thing. It can't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no!

SibeliusMB

Visit site
So here's what my friend from Equijet has given me as a rough estimate.

"Plan on the following per horse

$5,850 30 day pre export quarantine per horse, airfreight, shipping to the airport
$2,500 - $3,500 arrival charges"

Em

Which is cheaper than what other companies have quoted me thus far, including Dutta, so thank you! The 30-day quarantine is required as this would be considered a "permanent" move (spending more than 90 days in the UK). We're hoping to do that quarantine on the farm though to help bring the overall cost down further if possible and to keep his routine the same just before he leaves.

BunnyDog

Visit site
I found explanation of all the required Quarantines this morning on HorseFlight's website.

It's up to date with what I know as being correct at the moment minus Brexit stuff and saying that the UK is a part of the EU still.

https://www.horseflight.com/importe... horse needs to stay,180 days prior to export

Here's the "US Process" info as well. (Just seeing more malware when I click from EU back to US)

US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
All horses to be imported to the US require a proper health certificate issued by a full-time veterinary officer of the National government of the exporting country, which must state that the horse has:
  • Been in that country for 60 days immediately preceding importation.
  • Been inspected and found free of contagious diseases.
  • Not been vaccinated with alive or attenuated or inactivated vaccine during 14 days immediately preceding exportation.
  • Not been on premises where African horsesickness, dourine, glanders, surra, epizootic lymphangitis, ulcerative lymphangitis, equine piroplasmosis, equine infectious anemia (EIA), contagious equine metritis (CEM), vesicular stomatitis, or Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis has occurred during the 60 days immediately preceding exportation.
  • Not been in a country where CEM is known to exist or had any contact with other horses from such a country in the last 12 months.

All horses arriving in the US are required to be quarantined while test for dourine, glanders, equine piroplasmosis, and EIA are conducted. The samples get tested at the USDA lab in Ames, Iowa. Any horse testing positive for any of these diseases will be refused entry into the US.

The USDA requires a 3-Day-Quarantine for horses coming from one the following countries (not infected with VEE, Venezuelan Equine Encephomylitis or AHS, African Horse Sickness):

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland (The Netherlands), Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Republic (UAE), United Kingdom.

A 7-Day-Quarantine is required for horses coming from one of the following countries (VEE has been reported within the last year):

Argentina, Caribbean Islands, Cuba, Bahamas, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands Barbados Trinidad, British West Indies, Dutch West Indies, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, French Guyana, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile.

A 60-day-quarantine is required for horses, coming from a region where African Horse Sickness has been reported during the last 12 months.

In addition to that, mares and stallions older than 731 days, must go from USDA quarantine to a state CEM quarantine facility to receive further treatment and testing. Mares are usually released after 15 days, stallions after 5 weeks.

Equine Diseases

CEM — Contagious Equine Metritis
CEM is a transmissible, exotic, venereal disease of horses caused by the bacterium Taylorella equigenitalis. Thoroughbred horses appear to be more severely affected by the disease than other breeds. Because animals may be asymptomatic, the disease is difficult to detect and control. There is no evidence that CEM affects people.

CEM is a serious disease because it is highly contagious. When coupled with the fact that mares can be bred at only certain seasons, CEM can have a devastating effect on equine reproductive efficiency. Should CEM become established in the United States, the horse industry would suffer great economic losses.

CEM is commonly transmitted directly during natural sexual intercourse between undetected CEM-positive breeding mares and stallions. Transmission may also occur indirectly by artificial insemination or fomites, such as contaminated hands or instruments. Outbreaks usually occur at breeding facilities following international horse shipments.

Undetected carrier mares and stallions are the source of infection for acute outbreaks of the disease. During the breeding season, a carrier stallion may infect several mares before the disease is suspected or diagnosed.

The mare cannot be successfully treated until the CEM bacteria clears from the uterus, a process that may take several months. The external genitalia of the mare and the stallion can be treated with disinfectants and antibiotics. Once daily for 5 consecutive days, the external genitalia should be gently scrubbed with 2-percent chlorhexidine in a mild detergent solution and rinsed with warm saline. The external genitalia should then be coated with an antibiotic ointment, such as nitrofurazone. Due to the effectiveness of this treatment, surgical removal of the clitoral sinuses is rarely required.

Vesicular Stomatitis
Vesicular stomatitis is a viral disease that primarily affects cattle, horses and swine. The virus that causes vesicular stomatitis has a wide host range. This disease also occasionally affects sheep and goats. Many species of wild animals, including deer, bobcats, goats, raccoons, and monkeys have been found to be susceptible hosts. Humans can also become infected when handling affected animals.

Vesicular stomatitis is most likely to occur during warm months in the Southwest, particularly along riversides and in valleys.

While vesicular stomatitis can cause economic losses to livestock producers, it is a particularly significant disease because its outward signs are similar to those of foot-and- mouth disease. The clinical signs are also similar to those of swine vesicular stomatitis and vesicular exanthema of swine. The only way to tell these diseases apart is through laboratory tests.

There is no specific treatment or cure for vesicular stomatitis. Owners can protect their animals from this disease by avoiding congregation of animals in the vicinity where vesicular stomatitis has occurred. Mild antiseptic mouthwashes may bring comfort and more rapid recovery to an affected animal. Good sanitation and quarantine practices on affected farms usually contain the infection until it dies out of its own accord.

EP — Equine Piroplasmosis
EP is present in South and Central America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern and Southern Europe. This disease is caused by two parasite organisms, Babesia equi and Babesia caballi. Although EP is primarily transmitted to horses by ticks, this bloodborne disease has been spread mechanically from animal to animal by contaminated needles.

EP can have a mortality rate as high as 20 percent among susceptible horses in areas where the disease does not exist, such as the US horse population. Infected horses that survive the infection may carry the parasites for prolonged periods of time but the potential of the disease spreading by tickborne transmission, mechanical transfer or biting insects is minimal if appropriate risk mitigating factors are in place. An effective drug therapy treatment exists for B.caballi; however, a compatible chemotherapeutic drug to treat B.equi is still under development.

Some of the above information was taken from the USDA WebPages. For more detailed information please visit www.Aphis.usda.gov

BunnyDog

Visit site
***DO NOT CLICK ON "EU PROCESS" on this page. It's got a malware link.

Here's what the EU Process Link says:

Horses going from the United States to the European Union can either be shipped with permanent or temporary health papers.

Current Members of the European Union:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • United Kingdom

Permanent Health Status
To export a horse under the permanent health status, the following is required:

• The horse needs to stay in quarantine for 30 days in any USDA approved facility.
  • The horse needs to be vaccinated against EEE & WEE (Eastern and Western Equine Encephalomyelitis) not less than 30 days but not more than 180 days prior to export.
  • A negative AGID coggins test result is needed within 30 days prior to export.
  • For stallions, a test for EVA (Equine Viral Arteritis) is required within 21 days prior to export.

Temporary Health Status
Under the temporary health status your horse is allowed to stay in the foreign country for 90 days. To export a horse under the temporary health status, the following is required:

• A negative AGID coggins test is needed within 90 days of shipment.
  • A vaccination for EEE & WEE (Eastern and Western Equine Encephalomyelitis) is needed not less than 30 days but not more than 180 days prior to export.
  • Only for Stallions: A negative test result for Equine Viral Arteritis (EVA) is needed within 21 days of export.
  • All horses need to have a FEI Passport, Breed registry papers or AHSA papers as well as a copy of these documents attached to the health certificate.

At present no additional testing is required however this may change at any time depending on disease outbreaks. We always keep up us updated with the current health status requirements with the United States Department of Agriculture.

West Nile Virus
Each horse being shipped to the European Union must have an additional certification stating that it was either not vaccinated against West Nile Virus or it was vaccinated against West Nile Virus with an inactivated vaccine on at least two occasions at an interval of between 21 to 42 days apart. The second injection must have been given at least 30 days prior to export departure date.

West Nile is a mosquito-borne virus, which causes encephalitis or inflammation of the brain. It has been found in Africa, western Asia, the Middle East, the Mediterranean region of Europe and most recently in various parts of the eastern US.

Mosquitoes acquire the West Nile virus from birds and pass it on to other birds, animals and people. While the virus may infect humans and horses, there is no documentation that infected horses can spread the virus to uninfected horses or other animals. Migrating birds may play a role in spreading the disease.

No treatment is currently available for the West Nile virus.

Hope this helps

Em

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
From Lakenheath you *absolutely* have to find livery with hacking access to Thetford Forest. That is worth 1000 indoor arenas! You can hack in Thetford any time of year - even when roads are icy, Thetford is fine. Beautiful long canters on sandy tracks that are nearly as good as prepared gallops. An infinite amount of routes and you can ride without having to ride along a road, literally all day.

Ex-racehorses have next to no value in the UK unless they are competing at a reasonably high level. Nice Irish and european warmbloods are still pricey, but nowhere near American prices. Livery and competing is super cheap here compared to American costs - and you'll have a choice of affiliated shows every weekend within a couple of hours drive.

I also absolutely loved training with Tina Ure who is based at Ely Eventing Centre - but that's obviously more eventing focussed. Barrett Watson is also based next door to the Jays in Bury St Edmunds and is an excellent showjumping coach.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Just be a little bit careful with the info above. We are not part of the EU anymore and things have changed in terms of live animal transport. The rules possibly won't have changed but the procedures/paperwork is likely to be different.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
From Lakenheath you *absolutely* have to find livery with hacking access to Thetford Forest. That is worth 1000 indoor arenas! You can hack in Thetford any time of year - even when roads are icy, Thetford is fine. Beautiful long canters on sandy tracks that are nearly as good as prepared gallops. An infinite amount of routes and you can ride without having to ride along a road, literally all day.

Ex-racehorses have next to no value in the UK unless they are competing at a reasonably high level. Nice Irish and european warmbloods are still pricey, but nowhere near American prices. Livery and competing is super cheap here compared to American costs - and you'll have a choice of affiliated shows every weekend within a couple of hours drive.

I also absolutely loved training with Tina Ure who is based at Ely Eventing Centre - but that's obviously more eventing focussed. Barrett Watson is also based next door to the Jays in Bury St Edmunds and is an excellent showjumping coach.
Thank you for the recommendations, I looked at Thetford Forest and I agree, the hacking must be incredible! I'm happy to work with eventers, I call us show jumpers, but we're really probably more like all arounders as we enjoy everything. I love XC schooling but have no desire to event competitively. Does Barrett Watson have a website for his yard or should I just look up up/call once I get over there?

My guy wasn't race bred and he never ran, he's been brought along as a sport horse since day one. He's sort of the best of both worlds, I love the work ethic, forward thinking attitude, and athleticism of the Thoroughbred, but he has none of the baggage that sometimes comes off the track. I don't even know why I asked that question because I wouldn't bring him to the UK and then sell only to take a huge loss. I guess I just didn't want to be seen as "that crazy American" that flew her TB over. But I think that can't be avoided so I might as well embrace it. :p

On that note everyone, I think Sig has been reading this thread because while he's been on an amazing upward trend the last several months, the last week or so he's been mindblowingly perfect. He got a custom saddle this fall and he's settled into that so beautifully and loves it (another investment I made in him before I knew of the assignment change...which is another reason why leaving him behind is a little tough). Our barn staff is shorthanded with COVID quarantines, so I've been helping when I can ride some of the green horses and our ex-racers that we have in on training for a non-profit group we work with. I love the greenies but they definitely make me appreciate how educated Sig is getting and how great he feels. I get on him and just melt with relief and know I just sit back and enjoy the ride. My baby is becoming such a grown up. I think he's making his case to go on a little UK adventure. ;)

Attachments

• 20210108_204653.jpg
    20210108_204653.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210115_194133.jpg
    20210115_194133.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210115_211129.jpg
    20210115_211129.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 28

Cloball

Visit site
Feel free to not take me seriously at all ☺️ but you could buy a horse for yourself over her and a couple of hairy cobs to take back with you to sell for ?

I warned you it wasn't sensible ? do not peruse dragon driving this way lies danger.

MummyEms

Visit site
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself as I'll be very close to your new home here in the UK. We know Barrow very well too! I would say Barrow would be great for you as they do full livery and even have a beautiful tack shop next door, called forelock and load. Plus a delicious cafe once lockdown is over ?
If money were not much of an object I would say bring that lovely horse!! You already have the trust and the bond.
I too own a thoroughbred (we show jump etc) and she's everything to me.

punia

New User
Visit site
My advice to you would be not to plan on bringing your horse over until you have settled in and got to know the area. You will certainly need access to a car.

As you will know from visiting the country before we drive on the other side of the road here. Plus the roads around the bases are narrow and twisty. Even the straight roads can be dangerous. Some of the roads near the bases have lower speed limits and overtaking rules for base people than for the locals. This is due to the number of US fatalities and near misses.
As many livery yards are down country lanes you will need to take factor ease of access into your decision. Also it might look like a 10 minute journey on the map but actually take 30 mins or even longer if you are driving in freezing fog and black ice.
I have lived in the area for many years and had friends who were in the US Airforce and the difference in our roads and way of driving was the thing they found most difficult to get used to.
You will have enough to do when you get here without adding a horse into the mix. Better to take things slowly and that wsy you can make the right decisions for you and your horse.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
New posters: it would be greatly appreciated if you read the thread prior to replying, as most of these topics/suggestions have already been brought up and discussed. I'd hate for you to waste any of your time repeating what others have already said.:)

My advice to you would be not to plan on bringing your horse over until you have settled in and got to know the area. You will certainly need access to a car.

As you will know from visiting the country before we drive on the other side of the road here. Plus the roads around the bases are narrow and twisty. Even the straight roads can be dangerous. Some of the roads near the bases have lower speed limits and overtaking rules for base people than for the locals. This is due to the number of US fatalities and near misses.
As many livery yards are down country lanes you will need to take factor ease of access into your decision. Also it might look like a 10 minute journey on the map but actually take 30 mins or even longer if you are driving in freezing fog and black ice.
I have lived in the area for many years and had friends who were in the US Airforce and the difference in our roads and way of driving was the thing they found most difficult to get used to.
You will have enough to do when you get here without adding a horse into the mix. Better to take things slowly and that wsy you can make the right decisions for you and your horse.

Thank you very much. I'll reiterate that this is not my first time moving to a foreign country. I lived in Japan 2018-2019 and I know I will have my hands full for the first several weeks just getting myself settled (though being USAF, they make the transition a little easier). That's why I've said that if I bring my horse over, he would likely be two months behind me so I have a chance to get myself sorted, visit the yards I'm considering, and make a final decision. Regarding the driving, I fully appreciate the differences I'm in for and I will be acquiring a vehicle. Okinawa was not so different in the twisty, narrow roads, and over there was quite slick when wet due to the pavement materials. Much lower speeds and a lot more patience was required to get around. I am also more comfortable driving on the left with right-hand drive vehicles than most Americans coming into the UK thanks to my living in Japan previously. I do understand there are still differences and I will have to be cautious until I'm comfortable and familiar with the new rules, but at least I'll be able to read your signs and the GPS! Getting around Oki was very interesting if any of the signs/GPS were only in katakana or kanji. ;)

Last edited:

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Feel free to not take me seriously at all ☺️ but you could buy a horse for yourself over her and a couple of hairy cobs to take back with you to sell for ?

I warned you it wasn't sensible ? do not peruse dragon driving this way lies danger.
No worries! Other posters brought this up and as I said before, it would be an easy way to make CASH MONEY over here in the US, LOL!

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself as I'll be very close to your new home here in the UK. We know Barrow very well too! I would say Barrow would be great for you as they do full livery and even have a beautiful tack shop next door, called forelock and load. Plus a delicious cafe once lockdown is over ?
If money were not much of an object I would say bring that lovely horse!! You already have the trust and the bond.
I too own a thoroughbred (we show jump etc) and she's everything to me.
Thank you so much and it's wonderful to "meet" you! I've looked around Barrow's website and Facebook and it looks lovely! They are definitely on my short list of yards to visit and at least from what I've seen online, seem like they would be a great fit for us. Are you at Barrow or do you ride there at all? And if you ever need a buddy for a Thetford hack, please let me know! :D

MummyEms

Visit site
Absolutely we should! I rarely get to have fun grown up rides as usually only go with my little girls.
Yes my 2 daughters have had lots of lessons there on their riding school ponies. The staff are friendly and seem nice enough.
I even asked about bringing our ponies over to hire their indoor school. After lockdown!!
Lovely to virtually meet you too and I'm sure we can arrange a real horsey meet up once you're here too if you ever fancied it. You just must be SO excited!

Thank you so much and it's wonderful to "meet" you! I've looked around Barrow's website and Facebook and it looks lovely! They are definitely on my short list of yards to visit and at least from what I've seen online, seem like they would be a great fit for us. Are you at Barrow or do you ride there at all? And if you ever need a buddy for a Thetford hack, please let me know! :D[/QUOTE]

fredflop

Visit site
All I can think of to add to the mix, will you be intending to tow a trailer/drive a lorry over here? If so could be worth checking if your US liscence can be converted to the correct one over here, or doing the right training in the US before you depart.