Mr G's ROR journey

Sophire

Visit site
Oh LPL, I'm so sorry! Fingers crossed for a full recovery. I've silently lurked/ followed this thread and have just seen your GYS pictures, he looked incredible, a real testament to your care. Would love to get my TB looking in such good condition!

LPL

Visit site
Thanks all! Just coming back from a week in Portugal and can't wait to see the man!

Sorry to hear that Northern what has happened with yours?

Sophie that made me well up a bit! Thank you :) so gutted about all my other pictures on the thread having gone missing! It's been such a fun journey and could have done with the reminder!

Northern

Visit site
Thanks all! Just coming back from a week in Portugal and can't wait to see the man!

Sorry to hear that Northern what has happened with yours?

Sophie that made me well up a bit! Thank you :) so gutted about all my other pictures on the thread having gone missing! It's been such a fun journey and could have done with the reminder!

She had a bone chip removed via arthroscopy, it was interfering with her joint :( It was actually my third opinion who suggested removing it. Good thing they did too, it was already scoring the cartilage. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys :)

j1ffy

Visit site
Sorry to read that LPL, he's been looking amazing! Fingers crossed he recovers well and you can carry on his ROR journey next year. He is a very handsome boy xx

Northern, good luck with your girl too - my boy had old bone chips removed from both front fetlocks in March and we've just started cantering again. It's been a slow process but hopefully will pay off xx

LPL

Visit site
Oh balls. That sounds painful. Keep everything crossed for us all! And let's all be patient! Glad your is on the med J1ffy!

j1ffy

Visit site
Oh balls. That sounds painful. Keep everything crossed for us all! And let's all be patient! Glad your is on the med J1ffy!

Patience is definitely a challenge! Luckily I have my other boy to keep me busy and he's stepped up well as super-sub. In fact I think he's getting a bit big for his boots now :D

Northern

Visit site
Sorry to read that LPL, he's been looking amazing! Fingers crossed he recovers well and you can carry on his ROR journey next year. He is a very handsome boy xx

Northern, good luck with your girl too - my boy had old bone chips removed from both front fetlocks in March and we've just started cantering again. It's been a slow process but hopefully will pay off xx

G is super handsome :) Love the TBs! Thanks j1ffy, that gives me hope! I haven't come across anyone who has gone through this. Luckily her other fetlock is super clean and lovely, just the one dodgy joint! She definitely seems more comfortable post surgery though, fingers crossed!

LPL I bet it's good to know you aren't alone going through the resting thing. I really hope G comes good for you, you've done fabulously with him (I read the thread yesterday ;) ).

LPL

Visit site
I’m desperately sad to update that we made the decision to put G to sleep on Friday. After a consultation from the vets on weds, we still had a very lame Horse, no more insurance money and a time limit on his current turn out situation.

I feel truly devastated and experiencing a horrible mix of guilt, grief and ‘what ifs’. Mr G you were beautiful, gentle and really, truly talented. But you were horribly, horribly accident prone! Right now I feel like I am never going to get over it. But I will. And I know I made the right decision, even if it wasn’t easy.

Thank you for following our journey. However morbid it has been and cherish every last moment with your horses.

mPuPvrC.jpg

3P5CXdk.jpg