muckboot co. boots ...reveiws please?

noblesteed

Visit site
Think I have had mine about 7 years? From when they very first came out... Lovely and warm but slippy, I wear my hunters for mud paddling and muckers for everything else.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Can I just ask which type of muckboots you lot have that slip?

I have the tynes and I find they are super grippy on anything. I wonder if there is a difference in treads...

NikkiF

Visit site
Love mine, had them for nearly 3 yrs, live in them during the winter, at the yard, hacking out and dog walking. Keep me warm, not had a problem with slipping but can't remember which ones I have :eek:

Have a cheapo pair of wellies for during the summer as muck boots far to warm to wear!

Merlin11

Visit site
I have had muck boots for years and find them very warm and comfy. I find the tread wears after a year or so though and think that's why mine are slippy now. Have just bought a pair of seelands with very sturdy soles so will see how I get on with them.

Skyebald

Visit site
Love them and personally wouldn't buy anything else now...I have the tack wellies and the tyne riding boot. As others have said the tack are slippery and I've worn out the tread in 18 months, last pair were 4/5 yrs. I wear the riding
Boot everyday due to all the lovely mud and they are fab ..I used to cry with cold feet.I even leave books in my car boot overnight :)

foraday

Visit site
Love mine!

I have the non long boot type!

Yes, the soles do lose their grip after a couple of years! Which is a massive shame but apart from that brilliant in the wet and cold

4 years on

Big Ben

Visit site
Totally love mine, have just split my first pair after 3 years, but well worth the money. Warm, don't slip in mine and we are on snow and ice 6 months of the year, was given a riding pair as part of a deal on a horse recently, can't wait to see how they are in our cold weather. I was scared when I saw the riding ones first, they look so slim, but stretch over my fat calves, always a bonus.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Also, be sure to get the right size. They have reinforced heels so if not right size I imagine they may be uncomfortable.

Ella19

Visit site
Love mine. I have the Derwents with ultimate tread so no slipping for me! I wear the heals of mine down in a year as I walk funny but best boots ever for waterproofness and warmth (that is until you take them off!).

Megibo

Visit site
Had a pair for 2 years and they were great, then lost them :rolleyes: Never had any problems. Bought a new pair-the expensive tyne riding ones-and they split at the back after 6 or so months. Went back to tack shop and it turns out I had the wrong size so it's something to bear in mind if you have pairs that split.. bought a new pair recently in the Derwent style and so far the grip seems to be really good :) Am hoping they last the same as my old pair that I had.

Mappe

New User
Visit site
I do ride in Muck Boots Tyne and find them comfy. They are slippery on snow/ice an I find the huge around the calves. I wish they could make them with a smaller circumferrence so they would get a snugger fit around the legs. Now it's impossible to wear long chaps when it's cold or rainy weather.

pixie

Visit site
I am on my second pair of the Greta style. The first lasted 3 years. Super comfy. Can wear them all day long. I hack out in mine too, but they would be a bit clunky for proper riding ;)

sydney02

Visit site
I had the arctic adventure ones which lasted 6 months before splitting round the ankle and letting in water, but I never got cold feet and they were comfortable I wore them all day every day.
Now I have the greta ones which are rubber up the leg too, so i'm hoping they won't split at the ankle, still just and warm and comfortable as my last ones.

lindsay1993

Visit site
I had mine for years until my new pup got hold of them and destroyed them. Hunters never lasted me more than 3 months before splitting but the muck boots were great. They were the old style maybe from about 5 years ago. I went to get a new pair and hated them. Tried them on in the shop and they weighed a tonne! They had such huge grips on them I felt ridiculous. I opted for a pair of sheepskin lined Le Chameau boots instead. They are amazing. So much more comfortable and lighter. If I could get the old style, then yes I would have them again, but the new style were just too clumpy for me.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Muckboots were fine when they first appeared in the shops a good many years ago now, however, sadly they are no longer viable to buy IMO. They don't seem to last very long at all, you're lucky if they make it through a winter without you getting wet feet IME.

Total waste of money, plus they're dangerously slippery in muddy gateways, no decent grip on them at all.

Picked up a cheapie pair of black ankle boots (sorry can't remember name) at Countrywide, and they're doing the job nicely.

Reactions: SEL

mytwofriends

Visit site
Love mine. Got Colt Ryders which are great for riding in too, plus a green steel toed pair which make you feel invincible (but aren't too heavy or clumpy). Both pairs are warm enough not to need multiple socks.

I wouldn't be without them.

Skyebald

Visit site
I've had them for years,have always bought the Tack style. Last pair just broke after 4 yrs so decided I'd try different design due to slipping in mud. Bought a pair of Greta and really not getting on with them at all. I think I have a faulty pair anyway as the tread isn't properly attached to the boot so going to try and send them back .Gutted to be honest

wellyman

New User
Visit site
I like 'em but I kill 'em quick :rolleyes:

I suffer with cold hands and feet from October through to April and Muck boots keep me toasty.If you have the longer legged version, these can be turned down for ease of putting on and off if you have fat calves like me :p In the summer take the insole out as this will help to keep your feet cooler and if they do split and you have to chuck them, remember to keep the insoles because they will help a pair of bog-standard wellies feel a bit warmer for you.
I must confess I have the exact same issue, cold hands and feet, I found to wear my wellies with the tops turned down excellent especially in winter & summer time too....

Attachments

• Turned Down wellies No.16.jpg
    Turned Down wellies No.16.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 5

wellyman

New User
Visit site
I love mine, ive the riding ones and wear them nearly all year, if they get hot in the summer i fold the tops down if im not riding, but lets face it, summer uo here's more like the rainy season anyway :) im on my second pair in about 8 yrs. never found them slippy
I must say Likewise, I found to fold down the tops of the wellies as being most appropriate in my case !! they are ideal in the summer, they are so comfortable to wear, even though they are rare nowadays !!