my horse has died

Vizslak

Visit site
Well done, I'm glad it went well and you got to chat with him and say goodbye and that your last image is real and peaceful. I was worried for you having a really awful mental image in your head and never beign able to rectify it by seeing the reality. RIP boy.

celia

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel - had the same thing happen to my loan horse. It is horrible when it is so completely unexpected, especially in a young horse (my gorgeous lad was only 10
frown.gif
).

I decided not to go see the body and 2 1/2 years later I am glad that my last memory of him was our cuddle in the field the night before, not him lying in the stable gone. But it should be your decision and if you feel it would help you then go see him before it's too late.

ETA: sorry, replied to first post - I'm glad you made your own decision and had that time with him.

Daffodil

Visit site
Just seen your latest post. Well Done. I hope that has really helped.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) xx

f_s_

Visit site
((((hugs)))) so sad for you. Glad you went to see him.

Remember the good times with him, and that you loved him dearly x

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
QR - I think seeing him for the final time will help
frown.gif
I didnt get to see Coco.

The last time I saw her was the evening before I moved. Luckily I always gave her lots of hugs and treats and took photos before any journey just in case.
frown.gif
frown.gif

My friend stayed with Coco until she was collected as he didnt want her to feel alone. Im sure she appreciates it wherever she may be now.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I would of love to have seen her before she went but I we just couldnt leave her suffering.
frown.gif

DiablosGold

Visit site
Every horse owner's worst nightmare, I am really sorry for your loss. Give yourself plenty of time to get over the shock before making any decisions about seeing him etc, huge hugs ((((((()))))) xxx

katelarge

Visit site
Ah, I'm glad you've seen him now, and it wasn't too upsetting a scene. It's somehow like one last comforting feeling of "seeeing them" and yet at the same time the realisation they have truly moved on. I think you were right that they were trying to protetc that little girl, but you've shown to all, and yourself, what a strong and grownup woman you are now. Your boy would be proud of you.

Off to blub now!

stacey_lou

Visit site
yep he was poilt rotten bless him, always with carrots and cuddles and all the love in the world just hope hes relaxed now and in that medow in the sky lol will post some pics of him in a bit for any one interested just a few of my favorite ones.Thanks eveyone x

TexmexVI

Visit site
I am so, so, so sorry to hear of your loss.......

I am glad you took the decision to go and see him though - well done you, very brave.

(((((Hugs)))))

xxx

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
what a gorgeous little man, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and i hope things gradually get easier for you.
on top of all the grief that you're feeling, there must also be a great deal of shock. so, make sure you look after yourself well
i'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks, so i can't begin to imagine how you're feeling.

enormous great bear hugs.
xxx

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. Either get someone to get a piece of his tail or if your going to see him you can do it - about 20 inches and about a pencil thickness and then visit

http://www.tailendjewellery.co.uk

they make jewellrey out of hair, my mums horse was pts a couple of years ago and the vets cut some tail hair as a memory of her, so i had it made into the horse shoe necklace.... when it arrived it was better than i ever imagined, its lovely and something you can have with you forever
xx

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Really, really sorry to hear of this awful loss. My heart was in my mouth about the YO not wanting you to see him as if a colic has occurred, somethimes the images of them are not the serene and 'just gone to asleep' scene you hope to find - if you see what I mean. I am so glad this wasn't the case and you feel somewhat more at peace now you have got closure.

May you re-live the fun times and find new horsey love soon.