My horses is named after a loaf of bread...... Any other silly registered names?

Kallibear

Visit site
Sigh, I've just picked up Roo's passport (finally :eek:) and discovered he already has a registered name. So no Rupert Bear for me :(

Meet Kingsmill Hero:

301699_10151748611260437_1274859008_n.jpg

Maybe they don't have that brand of bread in Ireland?! At least he's not called Warbartons........

So now I have TWO horses with silly names. Piper is registered as Bluebraes Piper which on paper sounds lovely but over the tannoy sounds like 'blueberry'. :rolleyes: And one named after a loaf of bread.

Who elses' horse has a silly name?

wattamus

Visit site
And we all know a Hovis............ Bread is clearly a popular thing to name ponies after! I think some names give the horses their character. Mine was called Josie but has slowly progressed to bean, she actually responds to it so it's stuck :p

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Change it. You have to pay, but he could be Rupert Bear, although there may already be one with that name.

Mine is Coloured Firefly, ridiculous name.

Nicnac

Visit site
My Friesian was Durkje - sounded like somebody being sick when said with a Dutch accent. My new boy still doesn't have a registered name as haven't sent passport off yet. If I send it this week I am vacillating between Kevin or Thug :rolleyes:

Crazydancer

Visit site
Both of mine were registered and pre-named....

Whitley Village Mirage - not too bad except that I used to work in an area in Reading called Whitley, and the sewers weren't far, it was known as the Whitley Whiff.....

And Saint Barnabas. Because he was born on St Barnabas' day. When I bought him they were calling him Barnaby, which would be a great pony name, but not for a classy little horse! Oh and his full brother born the following year was registered as Saint George... no prizes for guessing why! :D

Lolo

Visit site
Something's Up. Because the XC commentator has so much scope for things to go wrong... "Ohh, something's up with Something's Up!" or after a dodgy SJ round "sadly it wasn't the poles that were up for Something's Up".

Best is when they neglect the 'and' when they say the names... "Something's Up, Alice ...". Yeah...

I also rode a very smart little TB, who was quite classy and dignified if you didn't know him. He was called Cheeky... At shows, he was "No Surrender". I have many dressage sheets with the phrase "He certainly lived up to his name today!". Oh, how I chortled...

Shooting Star

Visit site
I viewed one that had it's name listed in the passport as 'Tx' that's it just the two letters!!! The person selling him was calling him Tex as that's all they could think of.

I also used to own a Farouk Bashar - still not convinced that I ever pronounced it correctly, we just called her Gemma!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I've got one with lovely lines - Clover Hill and Cavalier Royale, then they go and call it Rockin Robbie! His mother was called Flapper Princess (named by the same woman, who should be banned from registering horses!!)

a kind of magic

Visit site
We have a 'Quest Prints S Bow', spoken it sounds like princess. :p

Also have her half sister who we plan to change to 'quest Disney prints s' as her dam was from the Disney ranch.

Old boy is 'a kind of magic' but then he is! :)

chicolena

Visit site
One of my mares is called Lucky sometimes..... Wtf . She already had a foal so can't change it. Lovely horse but what a God awful name.

Kallibear

Visit site
Cameo's registered name is Coconut Shake. Funny how there weren't any others when I registered him recently for BD. :eek:

Him and Pips should get together. 'Blueberry' Piper + Coconut Shake: tasty :D

cinnamontoast said:
Change it. You have to pay, but he could be Rupert Bear, although there may already be one with that name.

Mine is Coloured Firefly, ridiculous name.

Rupert Bear is probabaly patented :rolleyes: It's just his pet name really, along with Roo-Poo.

ColouredFirefly is a pretty name, esp for a coloured! :)

Lolo said:
Something's Up. Because the XC commentator has so much scope for things to go wrong... "Ohh, something's up with Something's Up!" or after a dodgy SJ round "sadly it wasn't the poles that were up for Something's Up".

Best is when they neglect the 'and' when they say the names... "Something's Up, Alice ...". Yeah...

I LIKE cool names like that :eek: I REALLY want to name a horse Batteries Not Included :eek: Kalli's show name was Bearly There which was a bit of a pun: she was known as Bear, Bearly or Karelybear (or Karebear) at home and at 17hh of bloody great big hunter (often having a massiev temper tantrum) you couldn't miss her! :eek:

cinnamontoast said:
A mate entered a dressage test having called his horse 'Do I have to do this'? Inspired!

Class :D

Honey08 said:
I've got one with lovely lines - Clover Hill and Cavalier Royale, then they go and call it Rockin Robbie! His mother was called Flapper Princess (named by the same woman, who should be banned from registering horses!!)

Such a waste of potential!! Rockin Robbie really sucks too: sounds like something an 8yr old child would choose for her Heinz57 bay bog pony's name :eek: Roo's a bit like that : his dad is Eastern Hero who's by Huntingfield Rebel so more Rebels, Kings, Diamonds etc than you can shake a stick at and they go and name him after a brand of bread??!

be positive

Visit site
I dont think your horse is named after a loaf of bread, his name is Hero, Kingsmill is most likely a registered prefix that will be used for all the horses bred on the stud. It might not be the best name or prefix but the breeder deserves recognition and I dont feel that changing the name of a properly registered horse is fair on breeders as it can then be hard to keep track of them in the future.

SillyFilly

Visit site
My mare is Cefncoch Rachel....Arrrghhhhh.....dislike......infact, if she'd actually been called Rachel as a stable name, I dont think Id have bought her, lol!!!

Can only think it must be quite a job for breeders to keep coming up with different names!!

Mongoose11

Visit site
My fatty cob is 'Lady Olivia' and the gelding she lived with when I bought her was 'Lord Humphrey'. Seriously, she is as much of a lady as I am - big heavyweight piebald cob - Lady Olivia. I tend to call her Olive.

Have always said that if I ever get us to our first show I will name her 'don't laugh it's our first time' :)