My mare is dead

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
So very sorry Guido I know how you feel I had to make that very hard decision for my boy this summer, it was so hard to do but he was suffering it really is the last act of love but it tears out your heart doing it. Big hugs ((((((((( hugs))))))))))))))

The poem is beautiful.

cambrica

Visit site
My heart goes out to you.
Lost my beautiful mare this year to colic. She too is buried in the field. Jupiter was so bright in the sky my kids called it Maddie's star.
So so sorry xx

diamonddogs

Visit site
My thoughts are with you.

I lost my beautiful girl just over a year ago. She was fine one day, gone the next. No warning. We sometimes forget just how fragile they are in spite of their strength and size.

Take each day as it comes - you'll have days where you can hardly bear to think of her or look at a photo because it hurts too much, but other days you'll be able to think of her and smile.

xxx

Superhot

Visit site
Diamond dogs has got it right with her advice. This has been such a traumatic time for you, you and your vets have done your utmost to avoid this horiible end, and now you have to give yourself time to grieve, and know you really showed how much you loved your mare, by ending her pain...
I don't know you but fully understand what you're going through, and hope that all the virtual hugs being sent to you from this forum are helping you right now.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Only just seen this, Guido, but so sorry to read about your mare. I hope the bloods give you some answers, but if not, rest assured that you did all you could and stopped her suffering. Take care. xxx