My new lickle ex-racehorse has arrived, but she needs a name! (photos)

Girlracer

Visit site
Well she's arrived, i now have 2 little rubbish racing ponies!

She arrived at 10 this morning, travelled well, was a bit snorty when she came off the lorry un-surprisingly!

I put her in her stable and showed her owners round the yard and they seemed very happy with where she was coming. They had mentioned before i took her on that the one thing she can be funny with until she settles is being turned out. They said she'll hoon round like a maniac then stand waiting to come in. They said keep her in for a few days first.

But i decided i needed to know what she was like, at her worst. I left her in the stable for an hour or so and she settled immediately, then i put Major out and came back for her. Again a bit snorty out to the paddock, i let her go expecting a huge explosion and a raging crazy horse, and well she had a canter once or twice and a trot but it lasted all of around 5 minutes and then she settled to graze. I think the fact Major is the laziest TB in the world helped because he didn't join in at all!

So i've left her for now and will go down later to bring them all in and start getting to know her.

The only problem is she doesn't have a stable name!! Her race name was 'Wildlife' and she's currently called Babes i was thinking Lily or Flo but all suggestions welcome!

And just to disapoint those of you who like to report me, just one photo in here... the rest are on the thread i've linked to....

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=9756126#post9756126

DSCF2734.jpg

Girlracer

Visit site
What a pretty thing she is! When you hopping on?

I'll give you an answer to that when i know how she's going to take to everything, she last race 4 years ago and that was the last time she was sat on....

But then Major was exactly the same and i was on him with the first week.

I'm quite liking Lily, i actually thought she was called Lily before i went to see her no idea where i got it from :confused:

Winklepoker

Visit site
As for a name, I think Thrush or Tit or equally endearing... Badger, Afterall you will have so much fun riding someone elses Tit :D

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Shes beautiful! Ermmmmmmm

Princess (she looks like a princess)

lets try some foreign languages for wildlife!

French - La Faune
German - Tierwelt
Spanish - Fauna ( like that!!)
Italian - Natura
African - wanyamapori (haha)
Indonesian - margasatwa (marg!!!! love it!)
Swedish - Djurliv
Turkish - yaban hayati

God that took me ages u had better pick one!!!! lol xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
shaba means grey colour
el zarka the grey one
debanni grey colour
sprite
kassie
mishka
Grey Confessions
Midnight Silver
Sliver Sea
Silver Strut
Just Call Me Tobias
The Silver Jump
Settle For Silver
Gallop for the Grey
silver dime
proud penny
mystic river
stardust
salute the stars
rising star

Last edited:

Firewell

Visit site
Omg she looks like my darling late Vayamos :( :(. She was a little 15.1/15.2 tb ex racer dappled grey, so pretty.
Oh feel all tearful now. Obviously I think she's charming and very coincidental that you have a chestnut similar to my precious J and now a little girlie who looks like my Vay lol.
Good luck :) :)

Girlracer

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, i think i'm edging toward Flo. Not sure though!

Haha Laura, my chestnut is also a pain in the rear, toe rag!

FW - aw she is a similar height too 15.1/2, do you have any photos of your mare?

miskettie

Visit site
She looks beautiful Girlracer - your photos before (before you got her) didn't do her justice :D

I'll stick with Twiggy...even more so now that I know her racing name is 'Wildlife'.

or Fox? As in foxy lady :)
Twiglet
Kite (as in the bird!)
Kestrel

I'll have a think while I am at work....but lunchtime is over now. *sigh!*

Firewell

Visit site
Heres my late girlie:-

vayshowjumping.jpg

amaturechamps3.jpg

vay050709099.jpg

jump4.jpg

dress2.jpg

and a little vid

sorry massive overload! I miss her tons, can you tell lol. I hope you have as much fun (or her new owner has as much fun) as i did with my little princess.

P.s I love the name Saphire, you can call her Saffy for short :)

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
OMG i remember her racing! Well, not actually racing but in the paddock, i only remember as i was leading up too and saw her come in and thought i didnt have a chance on the BTO but i still got it with my tiny bug-eyed bay mare! Was well impressed with myself for beating a grey!