My new pony

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Well he's grey and he's Irish! Here he is:

MWQVMWn.png
oh he is scrummy, love greys and Irish horses.

IrishMilo

Visit site
Thank you! Getting very impatient now. I'm the least most patient person in the world and I have no idea how I've waited a month! Got a couple of pics from the breeder of him as a foal and a 2 year old. I love that his full history is known and he's just been hanging in a field with his pals for 3 years.

IrishMilo

Visit site
He's arrived. Lost about half his bodyweight from the journey, had eyes on stalks and practically had to carry him off the lorry as he refused to come off while shaking!

He's extremely sweet and cuddly. Can't wait to get to know him over the coming weeks!

Attachments

• 20240401_183141.jpg
    20240401_183141.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

IrishMilo

Visit site
Super happy with his attitude this morning. He was very chilled in his stable waiting for me! He's just tiny in every sense (I sticked him at exactly 14.2) but there is nothing to him at all apart from his massive head! He really really needs a summer of good grass and R&R now to get over the journey and being taken away from home. The way he looks now is in no way the fault of seller or transporter, they kept me updated throughout and went out of their way to buy recovery mash for the journey etc. He travelled like a lamb apparently but clearly is an internal worrier. He was shaking on the lorry before we lifted him off. He looks like the donkey from Shrek, he's really quite ugly at the moment and not my type at all, but I have faith in a year's time he'll be totally different 🤣 His mane will be sorted in due course...

hYSYlSK.jpeg

jLZKAal.jpeg

Annagain

Visit site
He looks lovely, such a kind eye - a month on decent grass and he'll look totally different. I'd say from the head to body ratio that he's still got a fair bit of growing to do as well! Wishing you many years of happiness and fun together.

Asha

Visit site
Thats a fair drop in condition, but im sure in a week or two hes going to look so much better.

He looks a lovely type, hope you have lots of fun

Squeak

Visit site
He looks a lovely type, hope you have a lot of fun with him. Poor boy must have worried himself a lot on the way over. I honestly wouldn't have believed it was possible for a horse to drop that quickly without the before and after photos. Hopefully in a week or two once he's settled he'll look more like his old self.

IrishMilo

Visit site
He looks a lovely type, hope you have a lot of fun with him. Poor boy must have worried himself a lot on the way over. I honestly wouldn't have believed it was possible for a horse to drop that quickly without the before and after photos. Hopefully in a week or two once he's settled he'll look more like his old self.

Tell me about it - it's pretty unbelievable how it's physically possible for them to do it! He's super duper friendly and actually has taken preference of being with me than the other horses - he trots over to me every time I go in the field. It's really adorable!

Michen

Visit site
Goodness! Did you have any recent photos just before he travelled or just the sale ones? That's an unbelieveable amount of weight to lose!

Bear was the same all wobbly coming off the ramp and shaky legs, but he was too fat!

ihatework

Visit site
This is why it’s always a good plan to take photos of a new horse going on a lorry. I’m sure he’ll pick up quickly once he’s settled with some new mates. He looks a lovely sort. Hope you have lots of fun.

Completely!
Some really can drop significantly weight under stress, through no one’s fault.
Experienced sells who sell abroad and transporters will routinely show the condition of a horse before it leaves to protect themselves.

He is a super little horse by looks of it.
6 months and you won’t recognise him!

I’d probably give some ulcer supplement for a while. Also keep rehydrating feeds going.