My next equine project horse

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear this, it definitely is a perfect illustration of the highs and lows of the equestrian life!

Fingers crossed for an easy and straight forward recovery.

Alibear

Visit site
Fingers firmly crossed for a good recovery for Alice. I'm sure Ted and Tim will help look after her. You are indeed doomed to never make that ID Breed show though, sorry.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I saw her sires owner post on Facebook and have been sending virtual vibes ever since. I am so relieved that she got the treatment she needed so quickly and her prognosis is good!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thank you for all the good wishes. She is being a good girl, she is mowing the lawn nicely along with a sneaky go at the raspberries. My friend brought an equissage pulse machine in this evening and Alice rather liked that. I have no idea what they do but Alice was in heaven and my husband requested a go too !

The rather sluggish poo department has rectified itself and we are back to barrow loads and her waist has reappeared without the Baileys Number 17 she had in hospital. I bought her a bag of fast fibre, which she likes and the meds mix well with. That stuff goes a long way and seems ideal for her at the moment. I use VV but never used fast fibre. Adlib soaked hay and as much attention as possible is helping get her through her imprisonment.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thank you for all the good wishes, Alice is very flattered.

Little Alice is doing very well. Dressing changed again yesterday and my first sight of the original wound. It is really neat and the vet is confident it won't impede Alice's return to the hunter ring next season. The hock itself has a tiny bit of filling but other than a 10 yard walk to the lawn she is stationery, so I suppose filling is to be expected. Every time I look at her I still can't quite believe how lucky she has been. Now I have calmed down I have binned the advert for the mare that kicked Alice, I am still tempted to put her in a pie though and will never forgive her. Ted has had his advert shredded because he has got a paper round and is donating all wages to the vet account. Dim Tim has donated his dressage prize money too. Husband yet to see his Tesco Credit Card statement.

Stitches out tomorrow, hopefully without a tantrum. Her attitude has been really good so far and as long as the vet doesn't approach with a huge needle and head for the jugular vein all should remain peaceful ! I am looking forward to seeing Alice back in her paddock minus the bandages and relaxed.

hollyandivy123

Visit site
Thank you for all the good wishes, Alice is very flattered.

Ted has had his advert shredded because he has got a paper round and is donating all wages to the vet account. Dim Tim has donated his dressage prize money too. Husband yet to see his Tesco Credit Card statement.

do you get many points on the Tesco credit card.....?

possible way to ease his pain, hoping there is enough for his favorite tipple?

glad things are moving the right direction.

Sven

Visit site
So glad to see she is cooperating in her recovery it makes such a difference when you aren't having to fight them 🙄. Here's hoping for a drama free few months for you all x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
So glad to see she is cooperating in her recovery it makes such a difference when you aren't having to fight them 🙄. Here's hoping for a drama free few months for you all x

Thank you, she is still being a very good girl, stitches removed without drama and we are now having little walks around the yard along with hand grazing, she is really peaceful and easy to handle which after 3 weeks of being cooped up is remarkable, I keep waiting for her to explode when we are grazing but there isn't a hint of it. We were due to compete at the Breed Show today, but I am just relieved she is still with us.

Diddleydoo

Visit site
I'm glad she's being a good patient and really pleased that the stitches are out without any further drama.

Keeping everting crossed for you

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Team AA is bored, the nicer horses are all broken, the next one down got eliminated at a local show recently, so there is only one option left. Ted The Twit is going to a party for the first time in ages. He has been plucked, shaved, scrubbed, schooled and spoken to sternly. He is entered for a local riding club hunter class on Sunday. God help us all, and more specifically the judge. Lets hope the judge is fairly nimble and gets out of his way.
62593222_2500452893319957_5805292777566633984_n.jpg

chaps89

Visit site
Ooft, he's a bit big for those kind of acrobatics! I hope he doesn't try and replicate them under saddle :eek: I hope he behaves for Sunday and you have a fun day out. Broken horses are no fun at all. Glad to hear Alice is progressing well though :)

teacups

Visit site
Good luck to Ted and his support team/beauticians/damage control staff. Look forward to the report: I am placing a 2p bet that he will be foot-perfect.