My next equine project horse

Old Bat

Visit site
Great thread and a great lady, thank you AA for sharing this, I hope your recovery continues as well as it has started, and you really should write a book, your style is excellent and very readable. (And I love Ted and Alice...)

Adopter

Visit site
Wishing you all the best with the ret of your treatment, how brave to share but it is a warning to us all.

I'm sure your two lovely 2 year olds will take no harm from chilling this year. My two year olds stay in the field and get handled for blacksmith and at the present time twice a day for fly spray and sun block. They are too strong for me to ever consier taking them for walks etc.

pogface

Visit site
I am so sorry about your health. Quite honestly i think you sound rather amazing.
I have loved this thread from the very beginning and always look forward to updates.
It sounds like you have a fantastic support network, I wish a speedy and healthy recovery.

And if you ever need anyone to see to ted, Alice, cob... Whatever! Just send me a PM :D

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thank you. Can't sleep blooming steriods. Knew my post would be worthwhile to remind a few ignored screening needs, well worth getting them over with.

I am lucky, rather than brave, caught early, excellent care, admittedly I feel crap but it will pass. In this heat I would be comatose anyway !

Should be all over before xmas and all the winter work will put my strength back. Is 3.50am too early to visit the fridge for the hidden chocolate bar, I have some odd cravings on these drugs.

Luci07

Visit site
Thank you for sharing this and I wish you a speedy and sick free recovery. I too love reading about Ted and the long suffering Alice and I look forward to seeing you being back to full rude health. Your OH and friends sound brilliant as well with all the support they are giving you.

Anyway, right now, everything is slowing down. Ground is baked and horses and dogs are being walked and worked very early or very late so "perhaps" you aren't really missing out on much.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ah do sorry to read this. Tears in my eyes :(.
You are a brave lady with an inspiring attitude. Horses will of course survive and even benefit the chilling out time.
You really really must keep this going- we all love it and love Ted!
Look after yourself xxxx

Hetsmum

Visit site
Thank you. Can't sleep blooming steriods. Knew my post would be worthwhile to remind a few ignored screening needs, well worth getting them over with.

I am lucky, rather than brave, caught early, excellent care, admittedly I feel crap but it will pass. In this heat I would be comatose anyway !

Should be all over before xmas and all the winter work will put my strength back. Is 3.50am too early to visit the fridge for the hidden chocolate bar, I have some odd cravings on these drugs.

.......Never too early to visit the fridge for chocolate bar! :eek: Thank you for being so brave and sharing with us. I have always loved reading about you, Ted and Alice so please continue. I think a bit of 'down time' might do them the world of good. Ted might even work out that his feet are indeed at the end of his legs! ;) Lets toast chocolate to a speedy recovery...:) x

Sologirl

Visit site
I have just found this thread and sat reading every page with tears of laughter, you have the most amazing way with words and Ted sounds like the most wonderful character :) I'm so sorry this has happened, and I'm sending a load of recovery vibes your way -hang in there and best of luck xx

zaran

New User
Visit site
Hi
I am a new poster but have been a lurker for a while. I am also sending you masses of healing vibes. I too have had an operation and chemo in the last year so know exactly what you are going through and am thanking you for such a brave and positive post. I too remember that precious week between treatment cycles when you feel almost (but not quite!!) normal. My last chemo was Feb this year and I now feel my stamina is almost back to normal and today have had a 3 monthly all clear check up. However, I also remember those really tough treatment weeks when all you do is sit and watch whilst kind friends and family do the mucking out. So, keep up your lovelly positiveness and you will soon be at the end of the tough times.

Like you, I would encourage everyone to check theirlumpy body bits and keep check up appointments. For me, going to the GP with an annoying cough has saved my life.
Love and best wishes xx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Your wonderful words couldn't have been better timed and a much needed boost for me today, thank you for joining the forum and posting.

I had a good cry with ted and alice tonight, just venting frustration at being so weak, boiled and useless. Lovely alice gave me her hankie and ted dribbled on my bald head, he means well !

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I've found this again - at last! It gets better every time I read it AA and I join everyone else in wishing you a very full and happy recovery in the not too distant future. Don't be too long else Alice will have her saddle on waiting for you and preening herself in front of Ted to show off how clever and kind she is. Take care, always.

zaran

New User
Visit site
Your wonderful words couldn't have been better timed and a much needed boost for me today, thank you for joining the forum and posting.

I had a good cry with ted and alice tonight, just venting frustration at being so weak, boiled and useless. Lovely alice gave me her hankie and ted dribbled on my bald head, he means well !

AA, horses are such wonderful antidotes to any crisis and know just what to do when you are feeling down. I appreciate even more those quiet times with just myself and my horse as you can tell them everything you can't explain to anyone else (even lovely OH's)

At least a bald head is easy to clean the horse snot off (I speak from experience) and just remember the other benefits of not having to de-fuzz the legs and bikini line in this lovely hot weather! Xx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I can put up with furry legs and I am too fat to worry about bikini lines, what is really annoying and painful is no eye lashes. Sweat stings, may be alice could donate a few of extra long ones.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I've only just seen this, AA. I'm sorry to read of your problems but glad that everything is going as well as can be expected. I know a couple of people who are a few months in front of you in their treatment for the same condition. They are both doing well and are very positive about their prognoses, I'm sure you will make a good recovery after your treatment.
I thought of you recently when sis and I bought a 3 yr old Appy and a 2 yr old cob, so please continue with your tales of Ted & Alice et al. I'm sure they'll all appreciate some time off while the ground is hard and the weather so hot and it won't do any of them any harm, if you don't get back to working them until next spring.

TrasaM

Visit site
Get well soon AA. I love your posts and they've always made me smile. Wish there was something useful I could do. Hugs x

zaran

New User
Visit site
I can put up with furry legs and I am too fat to worry about bikini lines, what is really annoying and painful is no eye lashes. Sweat stings, may be alice could donate a few of extra long ones.

I'm sure Alice will happily lend you some of hers. When mine went it was more of a problem keeping the snow out of my eyes rather than sweat. What a difference a few months make!

Please be reassured that eyelashes seem to grow back really quickly once treatment stops and you will soon have long lashes to rival Alice's
X

sandi_84

Visit site
AA, just read the rest of this thread after my last post and I just wanted so say I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time of it right now :(, and I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery! I'm not very good with saying things when it comes to things like this but my thoughts are with you and your family, of the 2 and 4 legged kind!
I'm looking forward to hearing about Ted and Alices adventures when you are 100% again, I'm sure it'll be fun ;)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Well, I am overwhelmed with all the supportive messages. I got myself up at 4.45 and went to the yard, even then I was too hot. My horses, except gormless Ted, seem to realise that all is not well, they are all well mannered but seem to be more 'careful' around me. Just as well because 3 fly sheets, 3 hats and a sun cream was the limit of my energy, following them around the fields is not an option at the moment.

Needless to say, at that time in the morning Ted was snoring and farting gently in the comfort of his barn. Alice was stood outside, she reckons he stinks and has no morals. She has hatched a plan to get rid of him and is frantically saving her pocket money to buy him one of those big leather neck straps attached to a length of chain. She has yet to decide where she is going to tether him but when I left her she was compiling an email to West Midlands Safari Park for the attention of the lion department.

Hetsmum

Visit site
She has hatched a plan to get rid of him and is frantically saving her pocket money to buy him one of those big leather neck straps attached to a length of chain. She has yet to decide where she is going to tether him but when I left her she was compiling an email to West Midlands Safari Park for the attention of the lion department.

:D:D:D AA I hope you know how much you make people smile with these stories. What a gift :) Horses are great healers....you will mend soon x

hayinamanger

Visit site
AA, I had my suspicions when I saw your post about your 'friend' and hoped that it wasn't you. I am so sorry to read this and send you my very best wishes for your recovery. I know several ladies who are going strong, 10 years plus, post op.

ridefast

Visit site
So sorry to read you're going through this. It seems everyone is here for you. I love your posts and it sounds like you've done wonders with ted

chaps89

Visit site
I have read this thread from the start, I don't have anything useful to add now but want to say how I admire your honesty & your efforts to continue going & cheerfulness in spite of what you're going through, it's an inspiration.
Poor Alice sounds like she wishes you'd been more selective when choosing a friend for her tho, no pleasing some people ;)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have read this thread from the start, I don't have anything useful to add now but want to say how I admire your honesty & your efforts to continue going & cheerfulness in spite of what you're going through, it's an inspiration.
Poor Alice sounds like she wishes you'd been more selective when choosing a friend for her tho, no pleasing some people ;)

Thank you, It is going to get worse for Alice, her mum foaled in June and Alice is not yet aware she has a half brother. The foal is very bold and I have a feeling the naughty step is going to need extending to get 2 bottoms on.

Ted just kind of landed, he wasn't chosen as such. Back in June 2012, my dearest friend mentioned she knew of a colt needing a home, I said no, she said the lorry will be here shortly and have we got £200 floating about. The gormless carthorse has been resident ever since and the source of much pleasure, frustration and humour.

Last edited:

splashnutti1

Visit site
I have only just seen this thread and must say Teds antics have provided me with much amusement this morning whilst i am bored and boiling at work lol!!:p

So sorry to hear of your illness :(

Brochdoll

Visit site
Had my first look at the forum today and have loved reading about you and your horses. Sorry to hear about your illness and wishing you a speedy recovery

doriangrey

Visit site
When I first joined HHO (not that long ago), yours was one of the posts that kept me interested. I loved hearing about Ted and how you would deal with the challenges he presented. What a lovely, courageous lady you are. I understand that there are many, equally courageous ladies going through this battle. Bless you for sharing and this will be another challenge I believe you will overcome. xx

Adopter

Visit site
Love your posts about Ted. Poor Alice a younger brother she will be kept busy trying to sort them all out!

Hugs to you, this heat is really tough when you are already short of energy. Keep posting you are a inspiration to us all