My next equine project horse

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh wow, doesn't he look fabulous.

It's wonderful to read about your youngsters being brought on at the right pace for each of them, with the right approach for each of them.

True horsemanship.

I am no horseman, just prepared to listen and learn. With Ted there is no chance to go quickly, he would just panic and disappear over the horizon. Alice would simply dump her ample bottom on the floor and refuse to move, I swear she is on a meter and the 50 pence soon runs out.

lawa

Visit site
Omg I am their in that traffic Jam and saw ted out and about! He looks amazing and i would get the clippers whirling at the ready! if he ever needs someone to feed him carrotts and teach him a few more naughty schoolbiy tricks let me know!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Omg I am their in that traffic Jam and saw ted out and about! He looks amazing and i would get the clippers whirling at the ready! if he ever needs someone to feed him carrotts and teach him a few more naughty schoolbiy tricks let me know!

You must have been the only sensible driver, most were unbelievable.

No tricks please, he is full of them ! he is being lunged this week, could be interesting, I had 2 accidents on the lunge with him, but then again Ted adores and trusts David so he well probably be perfect.

View

Visit site
I am no horseman, just prepared to listen and learn.

As do all horsemen. And you find the right method for each horse (whether with you, or finding the person for the right stage). Recognising that we are not a good match for a horse at any particular stage is also something that those who listen to the horse do. Recognising that we can always learn is another skill of those that are good with horses.

Passing on your knowledge, assisting others. I could go on - but we may have to agree to disagree on this one: your ability and empathy comes through, along with your humanity :)

Nessa4

Visit site
I am no horseman, just prepared to listen and learn. With Ted there is no chance to go quickly, he would just panic and disappear over the horizon. Alice would simply dump her ample bottom on the floor and refuse to move, I swear she is on a meter and the 50 pence soon runs out.

Is that not the definition of a horseman (or part of it anyway) not only do you listen and learn from others, but also (probably more importantly) you listen to, and learn from the most important one - THE HORSE. You recognise the need for a slow steady progress, and work accordingly, far too many would be unwilling or unable to do that and as a result would have destroyed him. Trust me you ARE a horseman!!!!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
DSCF1094_zpsb40obwwb.jpg

No more designer stubble for Ted.

A lovely morning at equine borstal today. Ted tackled his first circular hack, leading nearly all the way and just loving his work.

DSCF1085_zps7vooydra.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
There is a tiny possibility that he may make his first public appearance in a led heavy horse class at Hanbury Show in July.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted has been useful, yes you read useful not useless !

On asking the daily question 'what has Ted been up to' I was bemused to hear the answer of " I have been teaching with him".

Hardly the creature I would want to be taught on I thought, totally getting the wrong end of the stick as per normal in my case.

Ted was used as a sofa for the breaker to sit on whilst he taught another rider. Ted was parked, handbrake on, in the middle of a field whilst another horse and rider had a lesson around him. Apparently he took all the cantering around him quietly, just turning around when required and watching. Then he did a few circles and shapes himself. Maybe he could be a drum horse, they stand still a lot.

It is fascinating watching how the breaker is dealing with Ted, nothing is normal or out of a manual. What a relief to have found the ideal person for Ted's strange personality. Right back to work for me, I need a second job to fund the furry fool. Wonder if there are any fat and fifty plus pole dancing jobs going.

JenHunt

Visit site
Ted has been useful, yes you read useful not useless !
Maybe he could be a drum horse, they stand still a lot.

funnily enough... we were talking about drum horses as band practice last night!

we have suddenly gone from zero percussionists to 2 and a half. We had one player who used to play bass drum on the march but baritone the rest of the time who has had to give up blowing (fnaar, fnaar) and doesn't really want to play bass drum any more, we've been joined by another, and then one of the euphonium players has volunteered to play bass drum on the march... so now for a big marching job we have 2 spare percussionists. we were talking about what to do with them when the condustor asked me if my horse would let us hang two drums off him!! :eek: as if!! Ron would run away the second the band started, nevermind the drums on his back!! I pointed out that we needed a drum horse ;)

so if Ted needs a home ever... :)