My puppy is ill

Birker2020

Visit site
Distemper is being considered, it is possible but like you say unlikely but then it’s unusual for such a young dog to go downhill without any of the obvious symptoms. He’s still the same and we are back at the vets shortly.
I saw distemper in a dog on one of the Animal Cops Houston programmes and it had a visible head shake, apparently that is one of the symptoms. I hope you get it sorted.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Fingers firmly crossed for good news.

A long while ago we got a young bitch from Manchester Dogs Home, who although we took her straight to our regular vets to start her vaccination programme, went down shortly after with distemper. She must have contracted it at the dogs home.

She was pretty ill, but she did pull through.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Hoping he's made an improvement. My young one was very bad a few weeks ago, explosive V&D and not even keeping water down, very sorry for herself. Overnight in the vets, scans, IV and meds, antibiotics for a week but all settled down as quickly as it happened and I was called to get her as she ripped drip out and was eating the vetbed ?. She was negative for parvo but there was a dog in with it despite having been vaccinated apparently.
We put it down to something she had picked up and eaten, as she is a proper scavenger.

bonny

Visit site
Hoping he's made an improvement. My young one was very bad a few weeks ago, explosive V&D and not even keeping water down, very sorry for herself. Overnight in the vets, scans, IV and meds, antibiotics for a week but all settled down as quickly as it happened and I was called to get her as she ripped drip out and was eating the vetbed ?. She was negative for parvo but there was a dog in with it despite having been vaccinated apparently.
We put it down to something she had picked up and eaten, as she is a proper scavenger.
The problem with my pup is he hasn’t any of the obvious symptoms of illness he’s just not right. Better than he was but he’s had a lot of treatment but still tired and far too quiet. I think the vets are not sure where to go with him now, he’s got a temperature and poor blood count but not sure what to test for now. I’m inclined to see how he goes for a few more days.