My saddle fit didn't go very well

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
By the way, for anyone in the Kent area the fitter was a chap called Sam Wiltshire who I would thoroughly recommend. He is a lovely man and very quiet and kind around the horses. He also certainly knows his stuff about saddle fitting. He was with us for over 2 hours but was in no rush.

Sam's just lovely, we're going out to a customer together tomorrow, haven't seen him in ages so should be fun!

onemoretime

Visit site
Sam's just lovely, we're going out to a customer together tomorrow, haven't seen him in ages so should be fun!

Well you can tell him Im very pleased with the new saddle we bought from him last Tuesday for Alice and Im recommending him to people.

Flame_

Visit site
If S Bloom was in my area I'd definitely let her have a go at dealing with my awkward steed and my awkward self ;)

Chunky monkey is on the options going forwards list! Their website also claims to like the challenging ones... I do not like the challenging ones but I'm attached to Sir Awkward and he's very pretty.

I've just spent what I think is an obscene amount of money on a shimmy pad to have another (probably futile) attempt at getting my Ideal to work. :rolleyes:;)

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Ive just been through the horrors of saddle fitting for my mare 5 times this year!! Finally had a lovely chap out who has fitted her with a new Andrea Hicks GP which is very much like a working hunter saddle. It doesn't move so far (this was only yesterday) it has lovely leather and is of really good quality. The fitter really knew his stuff was so professional and took his time trying on lots of different makes before ending up with the AH.

My mare is only 15.1 and is WB X ISH she has big shoulders and is wide below the wither. Fitter said she was a size 5 on their measurements, he took a template of her with the bendy thing and drew it on a piece of paper. He is going to find me a 2nd hand dressage saddle with the same tree as this GP. I think the dressage one is called Affinity.

Up until yesterday the whole fitting business was driving me mad, my saddler who I have used for years just did not have anything that fitted, it either moved or the mare just did not like it. I feel the pain of all of you who have been through or are going through this nightmare. If you have a wide horse it is well worth looking at the Andrea Hicks saddles.
Can you pm his name please?