My shod lame tb who was going to be pts, 1st hack today :)

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Sorry TMG, only just got back to your thread. My lad is good thanks, had a bit of a hiccup when he got into lush grass last week but he's back to rock crunching now so I'm happy. We did a flatwork clinic today and all went very well, no sign of any unsoundness whatsoever according to instructor, and she has an eagle eye for it!

Don't worry about the shape of his feet, he'll grow what he needs and wear it off himself when he doesn't need it anymore. If you can get him to tarmac and ride a few miles a couple of times a week that'll help him self trim too.

Must admit I had my doubts about riding a horse that I wasn't sure was completely happy on stones on the road but they do find smooth tarmac quite comfortable. Nic's advice from Rockley was to do as much as I could on a comfortable surface like tarmac to keep him comfortable, but obviously she didn't mean to ride an uncomfortable horse, if that makes sense? My brain's a bit frazzled from today's clinic I'm afraid. :eek: x

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I'm so glade your lad is doing well, :) that's great you must be well chuffed.
The problem iv got is gravel, although the lanes are Tarmac the amount of gravel is stupid so he's in front boots but seems ok behind touch wood but I do take him for in hand walks without his boots just to keep that side up.

I'm really worried about winter if I'm honest, the frozen mornings with rock hard rutty ground worries me and the amount of mud I get