My toddler wants to name his new mini Shetland mare 'Kevin' HELP

Wildfox

Visit site
I know someone who bought an absolute saint of a pony. Totally 110% trustworthy with any tot.. but, poor lad, he had to be the ugliest pony ever seen. He got saddled (excuse pun) with the name 'Beautiful Amanda' and they were forever the laughing stock in showing classes!

PAHAHAHA! That is amazing :)

Wildfox

Visit site
Bribe with ice cream and sweets, then give 'a choice' of names from a list that YOU have compiled. In that way your toddler still feels he got to choose....?!!

He would have heart failure if I offered him a selection of actual sweets. We have him convinced that raisins and dried fruit are 'sweeties' lol. They would work just as well though, you should see the joy on his face when you pull the raisins out and say 'time for sweeties' haha 😂

Apercrumbie

Visit site
When I was a teacher in France I had a student called Kevin but pronounced Kevine - he was really lovely so I've always liked the name :) Still, I can't help but laugh, it's great! Can't wait for pics of the Cheeky Kevin! :D

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He would have heart failure if I offered him a selection of actual sweets. We have him convinced that raisins and dried fruit are 'sweeties' lol. They would work just as well though, you should see the joy on his face when you pull the raisins out and say 'time for sweeties' haha ��

He's going to be cross when he goes to school and finds out :D. Brilliant idea!

Definitely Kevin.

Fragglerock

Visit site
I think now is a good time to tell him it's unlucky to change a horse's name (ignoring the fact I did just that with one of mine:) )

suffolkmare

Visit site
Sorry OP, but you offered the choice and he's made that choice...Kevin it is!! And some compelling arguments in favour of going with it, lol!
I think you'll get used to it!
We once homed a baby guinea pig to our friend as a companion to her daughter's lonely piggy - "Princess Perkish"- luckily ours was called Ginger!

touchstone

Visit site
Another here that likes Kevin, although we did have a female guinea pig called Norman and a goat called David courtesy of my children years ago.

LadySam

Visit site
I love the idea of a mare called Kevin.

A friend of mine was allowed to name her new cat when she was about 4. Her parents suggested she name it after something that made her happy. So she called it Christmas Tree.

Butterbear

Visit site
We have a goldfish named Flowerhead....small children know their stuff when it comes to names ;-) I like Kevin :). Looking forward to pics too.

Annagain

Visit site
My friend won't get her little boy a dog because he's determined to call it Front. She's waiting until he's old enough to make a better choice, although he's stuck with Front for the hypothetical dog for about 3 years now!

_GG_

Visit site
Definitely has to be Kevin. I wouldn't even bother changing how you say it.

When people say, "Kevin? But it's a mare ", just look at them blankly as if it's the most normal mare name in the world, lol

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site

When people say, "Kevin? But it's a mare ", just look at them blankly as if it's the most normal mare name in the world, lol

I do this. When people call Neville 'him' I go, 'her' and give them a glare. 9/10 they then look all embarrassed :D

Elbie

Visit site
Definitely call her Kevin!

My OH dog is called Bob, as in Bob from Blackadder. He was determined that whether it was a dog or a bitch it would be called Bob. But I was so glad he got a male though, otherwise every time I'd have to explain "she's called Bob, as in the girl in Blackadder called Bob"

Amye

Visit site

Haha this!!

I do this. When people call Neville 'him' I go, 'her' and give them a glare. 9/10 they then look all embarrassed :D

My boy is called Juno, maybe not as obvious as Kevin, but most people think he's a girl because of the film Juno (well I guess it is a girls name :D) and I do the *HE* thing :D