Need feedback asap

R Welly

New User
Visit site
After being a disappointed welly owner, and having numerous wellies split on me, I have been working on the concept of designing a wellington boot, based on the lifestyle you lead rather than it being a fashion item which they have now become. After doing lots of research, on here and at shows, and with BHS we are now at the sampling stage, and being a family business and investment I need to get it right. The wellies are crafted to work and I need feedback from riders to make sure I am on the right track in designing my Riding Welly. Knowing the rules of the site, I will probably get thrown off but I can assure you I am not trying to sell you something (not at the minute anyway) I just need your feedback. If you could please fill in my 2 minute survey asap I would really appreciate it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9JJZZBC

Thank you
Rachel

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Done. I also think you'll be chucked offeventually but i liked your name and the survey tickled me. :lol:
It was a bit tricky to fill out but hopefully you will get the gist.

Long lasting wellies are hard to come by - the ones I've got at the moment are perfect on the outside but the lining is destroying my socks :mad:

Equi

Visit site
I hate wellys they are the shoe of the devil. I wear construction boots so nice and woolly and cosey, no calf to think about and water proof and safe.

Ps the name is genius haha

Archangel

Visit site
Done. Good luck with the welly and not being 'booted' (did you see what I did there?) off here!

I would only like a welly to be a welly and not a welly to ride in. Standards must be maintained.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Done, couldn't do calf as tape measures all down yard ( I have 3 migrated there it sems!!)

Like Archangel, my wellies are purely for after work or early mornings in wet weather for doing yard jobs. My Ariats do the job beautifully for riding :)
My wellies HAVE to have room for an innersole for extra warmth - I wont buy unless room for this

Wheels

Visit site
Done. Please don't make a welly / riding boot as it will do neither job well!!

You will have to make a super duper product if you want to entice me away from my le chameau wellies lol

R Welly

New User
Visit site
Thank you guys for all of your feedback and support, its great to hear your thoughts, even those Im going to have to convince:)x

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Lied in the measure your leg bit, had to put something otherwise it wouldn't accept my other answers.....I put 45 which was the positive number that came in to my head. Sorry but I had no tape measure ......

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Done and I wish you well with it :) I usually ride in Dublin Edge boots, but cba to change into wellies to turn the beast out, so end up with them covered in mud!

TheLankyRider

Visit site
These sound great. Would love it if a company made wellies that actually lasted and were comfy. Not too fussed about being able to ride in them. Wish companies would do a small calf size as an option. Most long boots/wellies look truely ridiculous on my legs.

orionstar

Visit site
No convincing here, wellies are the only thing I can ford the stream in during rain without soggy feet, then there are those muddy bits that look completely innocuous then you suddenly find yourself a foot shorter as the mini sink hole swallows you up! Short boots just don't cut it in the winter for me!

Auslander

Visit site
I've done the survey. Can you hurry up and make the things though - my beloved Seelands have split at the ankle this morning, and I'm EXTREMELY cross about it.

madlady

Visit site
I've never worn willies as they are always too wide and flappy on my legs - plus I've always found them to be bloody cold!

If I could have narrow calve ones that were warm I'd probably wear them. I used to love muck boots until they changed the design slightly and now they aren't comfy.

little_critter

Visit site
Done the survey. Much as I'd like to wear something more comfortable like walking boots, with the mud I have to contend with only a welly will cope (over ankle height mud).
My main issues are boots splitting where the toes bend and lining bobbling or splitting at the heel so it shreds my feet.
I'm another who wants proper wellies - not ones you could ride in.
Good luck - I'll keep my eye out for them

teacups

Visit site
I've never worn willies as they are always too wide and flappy on my legs - plus I've always found them to be bloody cold!

If I could have narrow calve ones that were warm I'd probably wear them. I used to love muck boots until they changed the design slightly and now they aren't comfy.

Oh no, do you mean the Muck Boot Tynes? I assumed the new version (Colt ryder) was the same design, aarghh.

Tapir

Visit site
I only wear wellies on days I am not riding. I'd love some with a proper tread for better grip in snow/mud. The riding ones' treads are useless.

Pen

Visit site
Survey done. I wear wellies all year round and usually buy 2 quality pairs per year. One thing my wellies must have, in addition to qualities already mentioned, is good grip in all conditions i.e. icy concrete, snow, slush, mud etc. Good luck with your project.

HBrae2

Visit site
I HATE neoprene!!!!! Maybe I'm just particularly sweaty but every pair of neoprene lined wellies I have had leave me with damp feet and calfs. This doesn't happen in normal shoes / boots so I'm not a total freak (I don't think?). I have spent a lot of money on "breathable" neoprene wellies and have been left seriously disappointed with the soggy sock result! I also don't want wellies to ride in, just for muddy fields and mucking out.

happyclappy

Visit site
Done. Could not have lived without wellies for the last thirty five plus years, and looks like to continue for some time yet. I look forward to their launch and good luck.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I'm the complete opposite; I would happily wear willies all day everyday including indoors :-D

What is with you lot and your willies?! :D