Neuro/pain/twitching

twiggy2

Visit site
Better I think. She was sad yesterday afternoon but had pain relief and calmer at 4pm and happy all night. Been doing zoomies this morning. Just got a bit het up as she was left behind while we took OH’s car to the garage but nothing like last week. ?‍♀️
That's good, hopefully the meds will manage to keep her fairly stable

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have seen and experienced personally excellent results from using acupuncture. I've never used it with dogs but on 2 horses for different problems. The vet involved swears by acupuncture and does use it for dogs, as well as horses.
I have had it on my back muscles and it made a huge difference.
Fingers crossed that it helps T.

Clodagh

Visit site
I have had it myself, separate things (sciatica once and hayfever another time). I do rate it.
She is very sleepy now and has been snoring like a trooper. Still following me around though if I move.
I can’t work out why the sudden SA. Is it because she feels poorly and vulnerable?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
This might be a ridiculous thing to say, but has she got worse since the new lab joined you? Our black bitch has been a bit odd recently and I have wondered if the arrival of the brown baby has had some impact

Clodagh

Visit site
This might be a ridiculous thing to say, but has she got worse since the new lab joined you? Our black bitch has been a bit odd recently and I have wondered if the arrival of the brown baby has had some impact
I have wondered that, but she’s always been unfazed by that sort of thing. We’ve always had loads of dogs knocking about. Red is kennelled and impacts very little on T. It seems that R and T get on ok, they sniff and wag at each other.
It is very much like something has changed but last night she was upset in the sitting room, the night before that in the garden. It’s too random to be external I think.
I appreciate any ideas though,

Clodagh

Visit site
She’s having her second acupuncture today.
She is also booked in for nose to tail x rays as she is definitely in pain sometimes, and I can’t see any particular action that is causing the reaction. She’s fine still most of the time but occasionally shuddering and immobile. She never reacts to any palpitation and never yelps, she just goes from normal bouncy dog to shaking, tail down, pressed against you dog.

paisley

Visit site
The mostly whippet had an 'event' early in 2021, where something in his neck/shoulder seized up, with muscle tremors and obvious pain. I genuinely thought his time was up, as a fit dog (albeit 11 years old) who did at least 5 miles a day could barely stagger out for a wee, and was crying. Not whippet fuss crying, genuine in pain stuff.

'Something neurological' was the diagnosis. Lots of pain relief, conservative exercise (literally 5 mins walk twice a day), a massage coat, and physio, further investigation stuff went on hold to see how he got on. He had quite a few relapses in the first three months or so, mostly from telling fibs that he felt fine, and the incident referred to as 'Pheasant Gate'

I haven't ruled out a return, and I'm still fairly strictly monitor how much galloping and whippet style twirling he does, but we manage. He's perfectly happy and loves a walk most days for about 3-4 miles. There is a reserve of the pain relief tablets just in case, and he has a paracetamol once a day. He's currently doing his best for another vet visit with a gammy eye, but :rolleyes:

SilverLinings

Visit site
She hasn’t got any of her original symptoms now. In a month they have evolved completely.

I'm sorry to read that Clodagh, and that she now seems to be in pain. I hope that the x-rays identify something easily treatable, and that you get a diagnosis or at least some answers soon. It's enough of a worry when an animal is ill, but not knowing what it is definitely seems to add another layer of stress for the owner.

Clodagh

Visit site
It’s been an awful day. This morning she wouldn’t go outside, she goes on her own now or with Brandy who is ancient and decrepit. Then she wouldn’t eat breakfast.
Then by late morning bouncing around, coming for an ‘all on’ walk this afternoon, wolfing her tea.

And my Dad has been taken to hospital. By the by but just another thing. I only got back from Essex (where he lives) yesterday.