Neuro/pain/twitching

Clodagh

Visit site
Well apparently he’s been discharged. At 2am. I presume they took him home and at least put him in a chair ?‍♀️
My brother, who lives near by, is away on business and his wife won’t help.

Thistle

Visit site
Poor Tawny, it really does sound neuro, I really hope that the xrays show something positive.

Broomfield discharged my FIL late in the evening and just called him a taxi which he had to pay for. He then rang R to say he was on his way home (when we were still in Herts) R was further away than FIL so FIL was left in an empty house by the taxi driver (no critism of taxi here )

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
When our late father was in hospital, one of the stays before the last admission, he was moved to a different ward in the middle of the night! It took us a while to track him down that time. He was also discharged late one evening.

SilverLinings

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that your father is now ill too, it sounds as though you are having a pretty rotten time at the moment. I hope both of them improve quickly.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Re the dog.....if you suspect neurological you may be better going for an MRI. X-rays showed nothing on one of mine with IVDD....slight leakage of the disc...but all became clear when the MRI showed where the contents had collected. However, it cost over £3k. :(

Sorry about the father.

Clodagh

Visit site
Re the dog.....if you suspect neurological you may be better going for an MRI. X-rays showed nothing on one of mine with IVDD....slight leakage of the disc...but all became clear when the MRI showed where the contents had collected. However, it cost over £3k. :(

Sorry about the father.

I decided against the mri as they can’t operate on (most) brain tumours. And none in Tawny tbh.

It’s just a question of a day at a time at the moment.

Clodagh

Visit site
And Dad’s back at the home. Apparently they told him he had cancer but my fairly inept relation that collected him found out no details.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
A friend's husband who was in UHCW, Coventry after a bleed on the brain left him with dementia went walkabout. He crossed a major road and was found by his wife several miles away on the way home. Hard to believe someone can just walk out like that.
Very glad to hear your dad has been located, such a nightmare.

misst

Visit site
Just caught up on this thread Clodagh. Why does it all happen at once! I have nothing useful to add on either front except to complain about lack of communication from the hospital regarding your poor dad but thinking of you .

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Tawny not too bad, I’d say better rather than worse.
Dad home and likes his carer, although we are struggling to find out if he does have cancer. ?‍♀️. Living in a rural area is forgotten how absolutely crap our local doctors were in Essex. I now remember.

Do you have POA health wise for him?

Sounds positive for Tawny!

Clodagh

Visit site
Tawny appears to have made a spontaneous recovery. Beyond strange but no complaints from me.
We are going to continue with regular acupuncture, she is no longer allowed upstairs but she is daft as a brush. I’m so delighted. I was planning where to bury her a few weeks ago.
Fuzzy still from video taken when I got home from work yesterday.

Attachments

• 805FF079-51C3-4EF9-8A5E-4BA56E0C51D2.jpeg
    805FF079-51C3-4EF9-8A5E-4BA56E0C51D2.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6

Thistle

Visit site
Tawny appears to have made a spontaneous recovery. Beyond strange but no complaints from me.
We are going to continue with regular acupuncture, she is no longer allowed upstairs but she is daft as a brush. I’m so delighted. I was planning where to bury her a few weeks ago.
Fuzzy still from video taken when I got home from work yesterday.

Such good news

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Such good news

Brilliant news!

I had a Lab bitch, about 11 yrs old, had a seizure completely out of the blue, one Friday evening. Rushed her to the vet who gave her diazepam and kept her over the weekend. She was very flat over the weekend but all her vitals were ok and vet decided that I should take her home on the Monday. She took little notice as I pit her in the car but perked up when she got home, ran all round the house checking everything. She lived until she was 15 and never had another seizure again. We put it down to a virus.