New bridle recommendations

Stenners

Visit site
I am looking to get a new bridle - the one I had for my old horse is now a bit worse for wear along with being super chunky (Heritage comfort crank bridle). What are you recommendations of nice quality cavesson bridles?

RushpolePony

Visit site
Evoequine do really nice bridles. Not cheap but not super expensive either. You can customise sizing, if you want patent or plain, etc.

Bridleway, Acavallo and Horsemanship saddlery bridles are also really nice too. Although you can't customise acavallo and the metal on the noseband has been a known weak spot.

Jellymoon

Visit site
I like English Bridles too, seem good quality and not too expensive. Lots of options on clips and extras, and you can build your own. Arrives very quickly.

Stenners

Visit site
Thank you! Whats everyone thoughts on Albion, Collegiate etc? I dont want to spend a fortune but want something with decent leather.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I just bought a horsemanship bridle based on people's reviews on here. My old bridle was pushing against the backs of his ears (sabre cordorba) which i didn't like.

I got a reccomended fitter as there are multiple choices and i didn't want to get it wrong!

The most noticeable difference is he no longer snatches the reins (he even did this when he had full stretch) and that is a big positive. I haven't noticed a massive difference in his way of going but that alone tells me he's more comfortable.

The leather is lovely and i actually prefer it to the sabre

Annagain

Visit site
I have an English Bridles flat padded comfort bridle which I love. Unfortunately, Charlie doesn't so I've bought him a Horsemanship Saddlery Saturn anatomical bridle. I don't love it like the EB one but it's lovely quality and he's much more comfy.

Bernster

Visit site
Albions tend to be nice leather and lovely bridles but on the more expensive side.

I really like the collegiate ones as they are closer to £100 still not cheap but not bad. Nice leather and fit. I’ve got the comfitec one and I like the noseband on that. And have just got a a cavesson flash one for Bertie and that’s nice too.

Sealine

Visit site
I have a lovely Albion bridle which I keep for 'best' and for day to day use I have one from English Bridles. The Albion is lovely but they are a bit pricey.

Skib

sites.google.com
I rode for years in a sabre bridle. I am not at all expert but I liked it so much I just bought some similar sabre leather reins for my current share and it has transformed our relationship. I would have bought her Albion but decided to stick with what I already knew.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i think with a lot of the anatomical bridles you've got to have the fit absolutely spot on otherwise it's pointless. I like to buy from brands that let you pick and choose sizes, will always recommend Sabre as they are such good quality and I've bought mix and match bridles from them in the past. have just picked up another IR bridle second hand which is also well designed and Jeffries leather is similar quality. I'd only commit to an anatomical one that allowed similar M2M type fitting.

bonnysmum

Visit site
Mine has a Dever Ascot Comfort Show bridle, simply because it was the only one available locally in her size. Seems good to me, nice quality and softening up well.