new girl on the yard (sorry its long!)

Crackerz

Visit site
I wouldn't worry, it would never get as far as court!! What a little so & so she is.... Couldn't get her own way & now kicking up a fuss. Can't handle the occasional injury from a horse? Don't own one.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The new livery must have viewed the yard prior to coming to it & so should have known the grazing arrangements. field shelter & water etc. She has been tgheir 5 minutes & is doing her own thing....feeding other peoples horses, puting them in a barn & not turning them out again etc. You have even given up your field shelter & access to water for your horses. I think it's time the YO stepped in & suggested that the yard is obviously unsuitable for the new livery & she should find alternate livery. As for sueing?....her horse kicked her??? forget it, it is extremely expensive to sue someone & the chances of her winning are minimal. I doubt if she would find a solicitor who would take it on.

Natch

Visit site
How ridiculous. She ignored your advice (which is just common horse sense) and her own horse kicked her. The only person she could successfully sue is herself!

If you still want legal advice, join the BHS, or if your YO is a member (Gold membership) get them to phone the free legal helpline. Honestly, membership is WELL worth the annual fee just for the legal advice line. Let alone insurance etc etc too :)

pip6

Visit site
Give her a months notice (assuming you pay a month in advance) & get rid of her. You've tried to help & compromise, both of which were rejected. What more can you do? You gave her advice & a solution, which was ignored & she got kicked. Poor dear, I've had a front leg strike from my old girl used to strike out when another horse even looked at her (poor girl had had a hard life, think she must have been severly beaten up by another horse at some point). You learn not to get in the way! It's demanding people like this who want everything their way that spoil yards.

ponypops

Visit site
unbelieveable that this topic has generated so many replies!!!! I would have thought that it was pretty simple that if a new livery found the yard which she obviously initially thought was ok did not meet her requirements then she should seek a more suitable place for her and her horse. Its a shame she didnt think of this straight away because starting to reorganise other peoples horses is never going to go down well. Even some of the postings who presumably have no knowledge of you,your yard or horses seem a bit tetchy so you can understand how many livery yards end up more of a war zone than a nice place to keep a horse. Get the yard owner to tactfully apologise that she has not found the layout of the yard easy to cope with and sadly because it suits everyone else it cannot be changed without upsetting them.In view of this ask her to seek a more suitable yard over the next couple of weeks so that everyone else can settle back into a normal routine before winter really sets in.

missyme10

Visit site
Do nothing. She doesn't have a leg to stand on (lol)

I like your sense of humour :D

I think your YO needs to learn a lesson from this whole sorry episode and take responsibility for his yard next time.

I think they only solution is to get rid, and get someone in that paddock that has common sense with horses, a willingness to compromise, and accept help etc.
Its an unconventional set up yes - but more than workable if people work together x

Ladylina83

Visit site
I wish I had someone to sue everytime one of my horses hurt me I'd be loaded - I'd just ignore her from now on. take your electric tape down and put a big sign up on the yard saying - Handling horses is dangerous. All people doing so on these premises do so at their own risk.

If she wants to turn out then she'll have to chance it if she doesn't then the horse stays in - or she moves. Simples !

I'd be taking a dont give a S*** shrug sholders attitude from here on

depurple1

Visit site
Surely leading her horse through your horses' field is not that different to bringing in a horse that is turned out in a herd with others? I can understand that on the first day they would have a bit of a squeal - and she didn't attempt to prevent the problem by putting yours out of the way as advised and then introducing them properly with you there, so it sounds like her own fault. But now they're all used to each other I think the problem is all hers.

Groom42

Visit site
You pay livery for a service, which is more than just stable and grazing. You pay for the management of the yard and paddocks. This is something the YO should be doing, not you, or any other of the liveries. It is not up to you to give her notice, or tell her what to do. You can only advise. If there is any telling to be done, that is the YO's job, and responsibility. FWIW, I think she has been an idiot in thinking that she can go onto a yard, and start rearranging grazing to suit her, and as for feeding/shutting in your boys - no way acceptable. You pay for the water and barn - use them!

BuBbleMooJim

Visit site
Hold on folks, I think the lady said on her first post, the YO was a farmer, or something who rented them stables and fields, and they sorted themselves out, either way, this girl knew how things were set up when she came, so her horse threw it's teddy when they sniffed each other, my mare always strikes out with her front leg when this happens, on my yard there is a bloke who always lets his horse stop and "talk" to mine, stupid man! she will get him one day, and it will be his fault, this girl has no right having a horse, one little mishap, and the poor thing is up for sale. She needs telling to man up, and stop being such a spoilt brat, I feel so sorry for the OP she has clearly bent over backwards for this girl, all to be abused!:mad: