New horse arrived!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Let's give this a try - thanks for the top tip Splashgirl45!

311l26c.jpg

2629owp.jpg

b6agi8.jpg

ohhhh ID horses I love them having had two - she is gorgeous keep an eye on the pink parts in the summer though in case of sunburn. What a lovely kind face she has- have loads of fun with her.

MumofWhiz

Visit site
Thanks for all the lovely comments! We feel very lucky to have found her and she is as kind as her face suggests she is, bless her.

The stable is a nice and solid stone stable and has a window at the back - she loves standing there watching the world go by. There is a little manger bit underneath the window which I have found makes a perfect seat for just sitting in and watching her whilst getting to know her too!

We lunged her today and she was a really good girl; just walked and trotted around and was very sensible. She was tricky to pick her feet up but I think she was just trying it on a bit; no hassle - just did what we could and then got the other hoof later! She'll learn. After I lunged her she joined up with me - she followed me up the school then when I turned off to the left she turned with me and it was so sweet. She's so funny as doesn't know what carrots are and when we put them in with her feed she just ate around them; sure she'll learn.

Big day tomorrow as she'll be turned out for 90 minutes in a paddock first thing tomorrow with other horses in the next paddock. Weather permitting we'll be up at lunch time to lunge her again and then saddle fitting on Tuesday. Love love love my Breggey :)

Sparemare

Visit site
That is one beautiful looking horse. I’d suggest investing in a fly mask with UV protection for that pink nose come the warm weather.

Amye

Visit site
Lovely horse. How exciting for you :) and welcome to the world of greys - unless you want to spend all your time cleaning, I'd suggest getting used to the sight of stable stains and brown legs!!

MumofWhiz

Visit site
Sparemare thanks for advice re fly mask and UV protection. She will be stabled during the day and out at night so hopefully shouldn't be too much of a problem but will definitely bear it in mind.

Amye it's really handy actually cos she's a grey roan so has little splashes on her which look like stable stains already so am hoping all is not lost!!

MumofWhiz

Visit site
Had my first proper little ride on Breggey today - only in the school but it's a start! I felt a lot more confident than I did when I tried her actually as although I know I've only done stuff with her on the ground, she is such a nice person to be around. She had a saddle fitted and we've gone for a lovely 17.5 inch Kent & Masters S series GP; nice and comfy for her (and us). Tomorrow I'm going up and my husband is going to come with me as it'll be the first day I'll have gone on my own without my friend with me so looking forward to doing that and having another little ride on her in the school. We're having a lesson on Saturday - the first of weekly lessons for us and we've asked for her to be schooled once a week too so all happening. LOVE having a beautiful horse to ride; she's such a good girl despite all the faffing around that invariably comes with having a saddle fitted.

googol

Visit site
Omg she is absolutely stunning!! Reminds me soooo much of my boy. You just can’t beat a nice grey. Best of luck with her I hope the 3 of you have years of fun!

MumofWhiz

Visit site
A few more photos for you from today when I rode her for 20 minutes in our new Kent & Masters saddle which I now LOVE!!

6gacr9.jpg

25h1euc.jpg

2d6qi6s.jpg

Annagain

Visit site
That grin says it all. Wishing you many years of fun and happiness with her.

I highly recommend Filtabac for her nose in the summer. It's so gloopy it stays put all day - sometimes for two days. You can use it as an antiseptic cream on small cuts too. Brilliant stuff.

Welcome to the bathing brigade. 3 out of my 4 have been grey and I'm never having another. I've done more than my fair share of scrubbing! The fleabitten one is the best as he never looks clean anyway so you can get away with a few small stains. My other one - the complete mud monster (of course it would be that way round) is totally white so every mark shows on him.

MumofWhiz

Visit site
Great, thanks for the recommendation. I've made a note of it so will invest in some before the summer.

She is going to take some cleaning up but I think I'm lucky in that she is a grey roan so does have some patches which look like mud/stable stains but are in fact her!! I've been told Fairy Platinum is great for getting greys clean so will have to invest in a big container of it before we take her to a party!!

Sheep

Visit site
She's lovely! And a quirky name too! I wonder if she was called Breige in Ireland and it has somehow evolved? Anyway she is a very gorgeous big girl, enjoy!

MumofWhiz

Visit site
Thank you; it is a quirky name. I wondered if it means anything in Irish nothing came up when I googled it! I love her temperament and we're going to have a lot of fun learning together.