New horse day!!!!!

Dusty85

Visit site
Yay!!! Been waiting to see pics and hear about his arival!!

Hope today went well and look forward to hearing all about it xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Boxers they are recuperation liveries mostly from hhoers in _GG_'s very nice fields :). At least this one is a proper size not like the 2 minis she recently acquired :p.

We are still waiting _GG_....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
No fib and no chance of her OH being unenthusiastic - she must be the only nearly wife to keep a horse a secret as a surprised for OH rather than so they don't know you are going to spend more money.

And yes, actually a £1 as owner just chuffed he found a nice home I am told ;). and well given I'd quite happily go live with _GG_ ;).

I have seen photos, but I have to agree with Ester. I think I would be served with divorce papers as a reciprocal surprise if I bought another horse without prior agreement, even if it was bought for £1. Sadly my husband knows that keeping them costs a lot more. ;) x

_GG_

Visit site
Ok... sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry! Got him off the He had an hour in the trailer, I quick pit stop at my friends yard to pick Julia up and another hour back to mine. He was cool as a cucumber the whole way. Unloaded like he does it every day, not at all bothered at being in a strange place. Walked quietly up the lane 150ft to the field and just set about grazing bless him.

I have to say this now....and enough of you know me in real life as an actual friend in order to verify this with Dan, Julia or Sam...or indeed all of them. I put his head collar back on briefly to walk him to the other side of the copse and show him where the trough was. We walked around, got just around the corner past the gateway and he stopped. He'd stopped a few times to grab a mouthful of grass so I thought nothing of it. As he put his head down, I realised we were stood in the exact spot at which Fly was put to sleep almost a year ago. I thought he was going to eat the grass and for some reason, I didn't like the idea of that, so I tried to pull his head up, but instead, he kept his head down and let out an almighty neigh. I mean a really loud call out kind of neigh. Just one, kept his head down, not sniffing or eating, so I rubbed his neck and introduced him tot Fly and Fly to him and I felt very stupid doing so...but at the same time, it was an incredibly surreal and emotional moment. Then I walked him on and he followed perfectly. I cannot explain it. Save to say, Dan, Sam and Julia all said they were waiting for some other sound, like him getting excited or me telling him to calm down...but all they heard was a very loud neigh. It has me in tears now, thinking about it. Bizarre is not enough to cover it...it was very very surreal.

he didn't really like the very sticky mud by the trough, so Dan went to fill him a water trug while I put a LW on him to help with the flies (these explain the flat back ears in one of the pictures) and he is clipped so I don't want him naked while he's in this condition.

He's gained a little weight since last week, but he's just desperately needing bucket fulls of TLC. He's covered in cuts, old and recent that haven't received any treatment and his back...no bloody wonder he has muscle tension...the pictures will tell that story and I'll get a picture of his withers tomorrow...he actually has a saddle caused dent in them :(

He's going to get some very special attention and stay next to the house as I don't think it would be fair to put him in with the big boys now...they are too lively and excitable and I don't think he'd have a chance to gain any weight up there and I don't want to feed condition into him...I'm going to let Dr. Green and correct, gentle work do that.

I'll get better pictures tomorrow I promise...it was getting late and Sam and Julia stayed for dinner, then we had loads to do so apologies for keeping you all waiting.

11101833_10153736694032892_4753478359967122392_n_zps9qcljetv.jpg

11130243_10153736696937892_2045984280303834478_n_zpsmpbrkrrs.jpg

11149505_10153736697182892_7937881080584416484_n_zpspjnq2m1f.jpg

11100088_10153736697367892_1440998085552183664_n_zps1tem16or.jpg

10155684_10153736697497892_4331006567896135798_n_zpsfwn2ccmh.jpg

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Young lad has landed on all four hooves there. I know he'll look tons better with good grass and hay. I confess I already saw the pics on FB. I'm so jealous of Dan being so cool! There'd be WW3 in my house if I got another!

_GG_

Visit site
Hope George arrived ok and that your husband is chuffed to bits with him.

Can I just ask why you have 11 horses and have bought one more? Liveries? Riding school? Or are you a 'collector'?

No, the others are liveries or have lifelong homes with me, mainly liveries of the recuperation/rest/retirement variety and a few belonging to HHO ladies. A read of the link in my signature will make it clear what I feel about horse collectors. He did arrive ok...like a pro. I've just walked up to him in the field in the pitch black with a torch and he gave me a massive cuddle bless him :)

:)

Yay!!! Been waiting to see pics and hear about his arival!!

Hope today went well and look forward to hearing all about it xx

Really well. I'll do more of an update tomorrow with more pictures...hopefully of his rather beautiful face :)

I've mentioned the blue pipe and everything!

I better get over there and read my messages I guess ;)

DressageCob

Visit site
Squeeeee so exciting. He looks so comfortable in his new home.

It's amazing how intuitive horses are. He clearly sensed something about that area of the field. It's lovely to think your horse was there to greet him and welcome him to the family.

Best of luck with everything!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Apologies accepted! :D

That must have been a very surreal moment introducing him to Fly, I think I would have been moved to tears too.

He's a big raw boned chap isn't he? Am sure Dr Green and your TLC will see him right in no time. :)

_GG_

Visit site
Young lad has landed on all four hooves there. I know he'll look tons better with good grass and hay. I confess I already saw the pics on FB. I'm so jealous of Dan being so cool! There'd be WW3 in my house if I got another!

Cool is one way of putting it. He wasn't immediately convinced it was the best idea in the world...but neither of us take the pee out of each other and his initial worry was for me as he saw how hard it was to lose Fly last year. He also saw how excited I was and started to get excited himself. He couldn't come with Sam and I to collect him, but I was getting calls and texts all afternoon for status updates and he's had some lovely cuddles and been faffing around the field making things "just so". Wouldn't let me sort his water out when George didn't want to go through the mud to the trough...he just wouldn't let me. He took the big trug off me and off he went to scrub it out and take him his water :)

Everyone needs a Dan in their life I think. I am grateful for his loveliness every day and very glad he now has such a lovely horse to be able to learn everything with :)

_GG_

Visit site
Squeeeee so exciting. He looks so comfortable in his new home.

It's amazing how intuitive horses are. He clearly sensed something about that area of the field. It's lovely to think your horse was there to greet him and welcome him to the family.

Best of luck with everything!

Apologies accepted! :D

That must have been a very surreal moment introducing him to Fly, I think I would have been moved to tears too.

He's a big raw boned chap isn't he? Am sure Dr Green and your TLC will see him right in no time. :)

Thank you both. Yes, very surreal and I kept a lid on my emotions at the time as I was just a bit shocked by how clear it was. Then I walked back over to to Dan, Sam and Ju and they asked if he was ok....I told them what happened and they all said they had talked about wandering over to check if we were ok and Sam and Ju had said how odd it was for a horse to call out so loudly, but there not be any kind of commotion. I got a huge hug off Dan and it then got me a bit and I've welled up a good few times since.

I saif to Ju when we saw him last week that he reminded me of her in how he buried his head in my chest and I am not into spiritual stuff at all....but I cannot deny that what happened this evening was just something special. I have never seen anything like it.

_GG_

Visit site
He's going to be alongside Fly in your heart. Special boy. :smile3:

The later it gets and the closer to going to bed, the more I can feel tears coming for her. I am extremely good at just getting on and coping with things, but they do catch up to me in the end and I have a feeling this is going to be a few days of realising that she's really, actually gone. That may sound daft as she was PTS last May, but I can feel it building up. I dealt with losing Mischief and Teasle. There was too much going on surrounding Fly's broken hock and I don't think I really dealt with it at all at the time.

I think George is going to fix me as much as I fix him...if not more!

Princess16

Visit site
I have just read your thread about gorgeous Fly and my heart goes out to you. She truly was beautiful - seems to me everyone needs a Fly in their life:)

I too believe in spiritual things and I'm sure she was welcoming George as if to say "it's ok it's you're home now".

Hoping you have lots of lovely times with your new boy x

sandi_84

Visit site
Aw GG he's lovely! :D Lucky Dan! :D

Read your post about him arriving and had tears in my eyes over the bit about Fly, he is going to be a very special horse I think :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
The later it gets and the closer to going to bed, the more I can feel tears coming for her. I am extremely good at just getting on and coping with things, but they do catch up to me in the end and I have a feeling this is going to be a few days of realising that she's really, actually gone. That may sound daft as she was PTS last May, but I can feel it building up. I dealt with losing Mischief and Teasle. There was too much going on surrounding Fly's broken hock and I don't think I really dealt with it at all at the time.

I think George is going to fix me as much as I fix him...if not more!

Let it all out Love . . . and then let George work his magic ;). It's like I said - Fly's legacy.

P