New project filly

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Long time no post.

After a bit of a rubbish time last year, including a major change in my personal life and having to cancel the delivery of my dream filly a day before she was due to arrive I really lost my excitement around horses.

I still had my best boy Ben, but even with him I was only doing the basics and not getting the joy I once felt. I think we all feel like this at various times, it’s inevitable, but I’m glad to say the bug is well and truly back! Ben is going great and I have the overwhelming urge for another baby project ?

So...meet Bonnie, a very sweet 3yr old filly who will be arriving this weekend.

3FF5492B-AF16-4349-8C68-2431BE5721EF.jpeg

She is by the lovely coloured warmblood stallion Solaris Buenno, out of a TBx Mare, to make approx 15.2hh. Normally I don’t do mares or coloured horses especially with large amounts of white, but for some reason I’m smitten. She has the kindest, prettiest little head and is very sweet.

Not entirely sure what the plan is for the future with her, but for now it’s to let her grow up a bit and continue with her already very polite ground manners. I’m hoping for her to become a nice low level allrounder or fun riding club type that can do a bit of everything. Pic as a yearling at her grading below, she gained a Higher First Premium.

F74E8A37-516A-42E0-96BF-C9B38675B8C3.jpeg

Her colour genetics really interest me as I’m a novice colour nerd. I think she’s tobiano, and quite possibly homozygous (the roan patch and cat spots that aren’t very apparent in this pic are apparently signs?). I will more than likely have her tested to know for sure what’s going on.

I’m sure Ben will be less than impressed at having to share attention, but I think he’ll come round to his new girlfriend ?

15FEA03F-B1E6-4A7C-9D36-E14A51E44C95.jpeg

Lots of photos and updates to come hopefully ☺️

MasterBenedict

Visit site
She's a very smart filly! I hope you have a lot of fun with her.,

She has her faults, but I think a bit of time to grow will mostly sort that out. In person I was happy with the bits I wanted a closer look at.

She looks good. Good luck keeping those 2 clean though

Oh dont! For claiming to not like too much white, how have I ended up with these two ???!

hobo

Visit site
Holy shit she is beautiful do not panic about the white on the body at least she has a black tail which is sadly lacking with my mare. I hope she gives as much pleasure working with her as she does on the eye.

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Sorry for the delay, have had a manic few days and been spending LOTS of time up the yard, mainly just staring at her and feeling very lucky.

She is wonderful.

26322B7B-4598-4E8E-B6C7-810871EB20D0.jpeg

She‘s taken no time at all to find her feet and has settled almost immediately. She seems quite sensitive, but kind and calm with it and has taken everything thrown at her so far in her stride.

So, time for photo spam!

Checking out her stable upon arrival - I think she approves.
B13317CF-0290-4B78-80F4-878F20AFADAF.jpeg

Making friends with Mr Ben.
D687EAD7-1A3E-469B-9BA4-31DDD39BF8CA.jpeg

Out in her own pen to meet the others over the fence.
C2F3F168-9A74-45BD-A18F-F62DAD1CF07D.jpeg

Enjoying some breakfast.618A7780-B06A-4801-A860-E7B87D9D5FA2.jpeg

Having a bit of a show off.22299BE8-976A-420A-88BF-F35205C099CF.jpeg

Close up of her interesting roan patch.

FB9C47BD-F75C-42F6-A6DB-4C49721BC7BE.jpeg

Already best friends.
C5C02D29-AAA5-4CA0-9D94-A213045A6EDD.jpeg

So far the only thing she isn’t particularly keen on is having her mane messed about with. Her breeder did mention that she hates having it pulled, but I prefer the straight cut Showjumper style anyway and she’s already getting much better with the scissors.

She loads and travels well, ties up and stands nicely, has good manners, happy to be touched and groomed all over and happy to have all 4 feet picked up and messed with. Also not fussed to be away from the others by herself which is a big thing for me.

Cant wait to see how she progresses.

MasterBenedict

Visit site
She’d been here for a week on Saturday and been well settled, so I decided to throw a little more at her than just the usual grooming/leading in and out/etc.

We went for a little ride and lead off Ben, him having never done it before bless him, and me rather rusty having not done it in a good ten years.

Started out just getting the controls round the yard before heading off for a nice little 15 minute loop round the fields.

Exceptionally happy with both ponies behaviours and now means I can exercise two when time is short and get her used to the world taking confidence from the ever reliable Ben.

Next up will be some long reining for her to get confident by herself as well.

Short vid below, sorry for not great quality - trying to juggle two horses, a whip and a phone at the same time is hard! ?

Love this screenshot so much I’ve made it my avatar ☺️
392D8AD5-F6AA-4D5B-A9FF-1FD22C71031B.jpeg

Last edited: