Newbie Question regarding ulcer symptoms

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ah thank you, maybe I need to be more patient then, it's only been 3 weeks but no joy so far
I’d certainly be expecting improvements by 3 months in, so stick at it for now, frustrating though it is. As you know, if it works it’s a major overhaul for the horse’s gut biome, and it takes time for that to develop more good bugs than bad ones.

My chiro vet has over a 90% success rate in horses improving after she’s suggested that owners get the Equibiome testing done on their horses, but there are inevitably some who it doesn’t help as their problems lie elsewhere. Fingers crossed that it works for yours.

clairebearfur1

Visit site
I seen mixed reviews on equinectar, some people swear by it so it must work?? Others have said it has made there horse worse? But ive seen horses get worse with vet meds too? We have a few on ponease and I always do recommend it as its been life changing for one of our horses in particular. Vet told me it would help the hind gut and it has big time. Ive seen two horses on our yard scope clear on ponease hence why Im such a big fan.

Needtoretire

Visit site
I seen mixed reviews on equinectar, some people swear by it so it must work?? Others have said it has made there horse worse? But ive seen horses get worse with vet meds too? We have a few on ponease and I always do recommend it as its been life changing for one of our horses in particular. Vet told me it would help the hind gut and it has big time. Ive seen two horses on our yard scope clear on ponease hence why Im such a big fan.
That is interesting, thank you.

BMA2

Visit site
What is the difference between ponease and equinectar...

And surely with them not containing anything that requires a prescription they can be replicated? Or do they not list the ingredients

webble

Visit site
@BMA2 I asked ponease about ingredients yesterday and got this reply

The Ulc maintenance ingredients are

Ulc maintenance
Crude Protein: 10% Crude Oil: 1% Crude Fibre: 14% Crude Ash: 32% Calcium: 12% Phosphorus: Sodium: 0 Magnesium 0.5%
Anti acid base of crushed mineral
Purified h20
Peppermint
Marshmallow root

Pinkvboots

Visit site
@BMA2 I asked ponease about ingredients yesterday and got this reply

The Ulc maintenance ingredients are

Ulc maintenance
Crude Protein: 10% Crude Oil: 1% Crude Fibre: 14% Crude Ash: 32% Calcium: 12% Phosphorus: Sodium: 0 Magnesium 0.5%
Anti acid base of crushed mineral
Purified h20
Peppermint
Marshmallow root
I wonder what the anti acid base of crushed mineral is 🤔

Horsegirl70

Visit site
So, I have 2 horses with previous ulcer history. I have found that aloe vera is useful as an all round stomach supplement- neither horse seems to struggle as much with changes of grass when on it and if they show any signs of digestive upset I just up the dose and that seems to settle everything down. I put one of them on Equi Nectar a few months ago as I suspected hind gut was a problem for him and it has been a game changer for him - more relaxed in his work, moving the best he has in years and much less spooky and tense. He was still a bit girthy though and as I've changed yards recently and they were both a bit stressy and showing mild ulcers symptoms I've had them both on Ponease ulc fix recently. Jury's out on that one. They're both less girthy but they're just not giving me a comfortable/happy vibe. That could be for a number of reasons though (new yard isn't a good fit, haven't been able to turn out for weeks due mud fever etc etc). I'm going to try the Ponease maintenance in combination with the Equi Nectar as that gets good reviews and to be fair, they are both less girthy but I'm just not convinced about the Ponease at the moment. If you're thinking hind gut though I'd definitely give Equi Nectar a shot.