Neymar Romeo

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ah there you are Tiddlypom - what a nice surprise! ;) And how is your head today? Seeing as you have previously shown such interest in my recovery from my brain injury, just to update you and keep you in the loop, I am delighted to tell you I am functioning better and better as the months go by.
I am glad to hear that your recovery is going well.

As for that comment about your head injury that I made a while ago, it was a rapidly posted heads up meant to warm people that you may not have been feeling well when you launched an unprovoked and vitriolic attack on a blameless poster. It was never meant as a jibe at yourself at any point, I would never mock someone like that.

It was actually posted to warn folk to be understanding about your outburst.

Roxylola

Visit site
Erm.....so I am lying then? Please see my response to your friend above. thank you.
In the case you speak of was an emergency and met the guidelines as an emergency- long term lameness is a different scenario that I have personal experience of.
So you aren't lying but nor am I an emergency accident is not the same as ongoing unsoundness issues.
You seem defensive because I posted after TP, I've got no horse in this race, no friends and no axe to grind- you mostly seem like a pretty caring owner and I (rightly) did not think you would keep an animal suffering enough to meet the long term unsoundness guidelines from the BEVA. As you say, your case was a very different situation

9tails

Visit site
I fail to see how anyone would NOT question the money side of things when the owners very clearly offered the horse for sale for 10,000 or it would be PTS if the offer was only €4,000 from someone offering to buy.

The offer evidently was from the very same schooling livery that told Laura to sling her hook by the following Friday. The same schooling livery that worked closely with the original seller. Stinks of fish.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Oh and just to add to the confusion about my experience with insurers and paying out for death......I had a mare also insured with NFU - retired mainly due being aged and with COPD and having a younger horse to ride. She was also lammi prone. My vet checked her fit to travel from the UK to Ireland with my younger horse 3 weeks before departure. 1 week before leaving she went downhill rapidly with both a lammi attack and worsening COPD. My vet recommended PTS mainly because he did not think her fit for the journey. I left him to speak to her insurers and did not expect any payout but 3 weeks after arriving in Ireland NFU sent me a check for full payout for her death.

Just another of my experiences, and I can only comment on what I have experienced myself, not what others might have found to be their experience with insurers.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
The offer evidently was from the very same schooling livery that told Laura to sling her hook by the following Friday. The same schooling livery that worked closely with the original seller. Stinks of fish.

I did not realise that the offer was as you describe and from the schooling livery, yes a whole different ball game then from the one I had imagined. Thank you for the extra info, but as I said before I doubt any of us will ever be privy to the true story.

PaulnasherryRocky

Visit site
Could this be something closer to the truth?

Although I don't know this person, she really does seem to have hit the nail on the head.

I've used Nancy as an instructor for many years up until my horse went lame 2 years ago - she has always been the one that sees the good in horses that others can't get a tune out of. I won't say my opinion on the decision to PTS, but for me this horse was failed before it even reached the dealers when it was backed age 2, such a waste. How has the dealer got out of being in the spotlight for all of this, when they could have just done a part ex, or refund like every other reputable dealer?

The bullying a threats I've seen on Facebook are horrid - I bet so many of those are the same people that constantly talk about the importance of mental health and being kind to others.
Why only offer a quarter of the original selling price to keep him? It sounds like they were looking to make a decent profit by selling him on.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
In the case you speak of was an emergency and met the guidelines as an emergency- long term lameness is a different scenario that I have personal experience of.
So you aren't lying but nor am I an emergency accident is not the same as ongoing unsoundness issues.
You seem defensive because I posted after TP, I've got no horse in this race, no friends and no axe to grind- you mostly seem like a pretty caring owner and I (rightly) did not think you would keep an animal suffering enough to meet the long term unsoundness guidelines from the BEVA. As you say, your case was a very different situation

thank you Roxyola for that- and my apologies for linking you in with previous poster I should not have done that.

LaurenBay

Visit site
And a witchhunt they have caused. On the thread you'll see my comments trying to defend Laura and Nancy. They are local to me Nancy has recently been schooling a friends Horse who is quirky. So for her to pass it on, it wasn't just a quirky youngster. I really feel for them. Both have been recieveing abusive phone calls.

marmalade76

Visit site
I only read the original "Romeo" post and thought it all sounded rather strange - the money/ offers aside, it seemed rather odd that the owners were so quick to give up with a horse that was "dangerous" and "couldn't be ridden" at only three years old. They haven't done themselves any favours with the "£10k or it will be shot" message, you'd have thought that we'd have all learnt by now not to put anything in writing we might later regret, even via PM.

I think I'd go with 9tails theory, plenty of people would rather cut their noses off to spite their faces if the alternative is having some con artist getting one over on them.

ETA - I would defend anyone's right to PTS any animal they own should they choose, whilst there are occasions when it seems unfair, a waste, whatever, there are also too many animals left suffering and way too many owners made to feel guilty for doing the right thing, it's never easy.

Last edited:

sugarplum18

New User
Visit site
I only read the original "Romeo" post and thought it all sounded rather strange - the money/ offers aside, it seemed rather odd that the owners were so quick to give up with a horse that was "dangerous" and "couldn't be ridden" at only three years old. They haven't done themselves any favours with the "£10k or it will be shot" message, you'd have thought that we'd have all learnt by now not to put anything in writing we might later regret, even via PM.

I notice this is only half the message posted though, I did also see a comment that was deleted that related to this that showed the message was taken fully out of context.

9tails

Visit site
I think I'd go with 9tails theory, plenty of people would rather cut their noses off to spite their faces if the alternative is having some con artist getting on over on them.

I imagine this horse would have been resold, bought back cheap again, resold, bought back cheap. He was a troubled soul. From another account, the horse couldn't be put into a field because he broke fencing, then broke the gate at the trainer's yard. It's an awful life for a 3 year old to be stabled forever.

Frumpoon

Visit site
I imagine this horse would have been resold, bought back cheap again, resold, bought back cheap. He was a troubled soul. From another account, the horse couldn't be put into a field because he broke fencing, then broke the gate at the trainer's yard. It's an awful life for a 3 year old to be stabled forever.

I obviously know less than nothing but to me he sounds like a rising 3 year old that needs 24 hour turnout with other youngsters and to not be ridden for another year or two

Idk why 'very experienced' people were trying to ride and produce such a young horse in the first place

9tails

Visit site
I obviously know less than nothing but to me he sounds like a rising 3 year old that needs 24 hour turnout with other youngsters and to not be ridden for another year or two

It seems he couldn't be trusted to stay in the same place that he had been turned out into.

Summer vibe

Visit site
Based on what I've seen, I think the summary by Shannon on the Facebook post hits the nail on the head!

It is a very sad story and as always, I feel the horse has been terribly let down, mostly by the original seller. I wish these horses were given the time they need to mentally and physically mature before they are backed (seems he was only a rising 3yo) and then maybe these situations would be avoided. He should have had vet investigations and time back in the field to mature at least, but it sounds like the facilities to do this just weren't accessible if he had become dangerous to handle. I'm not sure anyone would make the decision to PTS a 15k horse lightly. My gut feeling is that they made a responsible decision in PTS this horse, though it is sad that possibly more could have been done to give him a chance given his age. But ultimately, better he was simply PTS than ending up as one of these unfortunate ones, passed around because of issues, until someone unwittingly eventually gets injured or killed.

I have to add I have known both the SJ's as acquaintances and always considered Laura to be a lovely young person who loves her horses. Her mother is *very* experienced and capable so I found the whole thing very bizarre and feel the social media witch hunt against them is completely out of order (as it always is) and the whole thing is mostly a very poor reflection on the stud/individuals who made the group and post, regardless of how heartbroken they were at the outcome for the horse. What a mess.

The sj's are highly respected especially mum who is a very professional, talented, knowledgeable, caring , compassionate equestrian with horses and their riders. Daughter also has all these traits. They have conducted themselves so professionally through this onslaught of hate on Facebook. Messages I have received from this dreadful woman are despicable and unprofessional.written words not proved used to be libellous, now it seems anyone can throw allegations without proof and the victim has to spend the money to refute these claims and are therefore guilty until proven innocent.. Not just in the horse world. Absolutely shocking.
I wonder how many smaller people this particular stud and group of people have obliterated like this and without prejudice sold, rebought back for pennies and resold at high profit again!!!!

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Am I the only person who can’t make head nor tail of what on Earth has gone on? I’m useless at deciphering emotive writing, so perhaps just me.
Cliff notes version from what I can gather.

A rider bought a just backed rising 3 year old for 15k, said horse threw her off badly and attacked her (she broke her arm). She sent the horse to a pro for training. The horse threw them off too a long with damaging fields and property. Was asked to vacate the yard within 7 days. Owner couldn't do it as no one would take the horse on. She said she was going to PTS the horse as dangerous. Said yard then offered 4k to buy the horse off them. Owner said no and then offered 10k (so the horse wouldn't be sold on). Yard said no so horse was PTS.

Yard now posting everywhere that the owners are murders who blackmailed them and should be hounded out of their jobs.

scats

Visit site

A rider bought a just backed rising 3 year old for 15k, said horse threw her off badly and attacked her (she broke her arm). She sent the horse to a pro for training. The horse threw them off too a long with damaging fields and property. Was asked to vacate the yard within 7 days. Owner couldn't do it as no one would take the horse on. She said she was going to PTS the horse as dangerous. Said yard then offered 4k to buy the horse off them. Owner said no and then offered 10k (so the horse wouldn't be sold on). Yard said no so horse was PTS.

Yard now posting everywhere that the owners are murders who blackmailed them and should be hounded out of their jobs.

Thank you, that was much easier to understand.
I wish more people would put dangerous horses to sleep, it would stop the poor things ending up being passed from pillar to post and/or in the hands of bin end dealers.

Someone around here recently sold a horse cheap as a companion as it was dangerous and levels people who get on it. Four weeks later and it’s for sale at a bin end dealers as a family riding pony.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Cliff notes addendum:
Original seller (who is 15k up) was asked to take horse back after a few days. She refused but recommended the pro schooling yard. Person on that yard who was offering 4k also works for original seller. So some circumstantial evidence that original seller and pro yard were working together in evicting horse and making very low offer on horse to then sell on at higher price.
New owners turned down 4k - they say to prevent profit driven resale - and remain 15k down.

Last edited:

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I am glad to hear that your recovery is going well.

As for that comment about your head injury that I made a while ago, it was a rapidly posted heads up meant to warm people that you may not have been feeling well when you launched an unprovoked and vitriolic attack on a blameless poster. It was never meant as a jibe at yourself at any point, I would never mock someone like that.

It was actually posted to warn folk to be understanding about your outburst.

Oh please! ?? Don't even try to sugar coat your extremely nasty and cruel comments about my brain injury! :rolleyes:- It wasn't even the first time you had been such an evil and nasty piece of work commenting on me personally was it? Strange you had such a sudden compassionate need to leap to defend me when you had entertained yourself at my expense on several previous occasions, in a similar manner, making it absolutely clear your very low opinion of me.

Why was the whole thread removed then? I certainly didn't request that, so obviously at least one other person found your comments unedifying and totally unnecessary too. Perhaps just don't bother to comment on my posts might be the kindest thing to do, instead of searching through them for further opportunity to score points at my expense eh? ?

Eliza430

Visit site
This whole story is extremely sad for not only the horse but for Nancy and Family. The fb page should not have been created , it really sounds like a poor young horse who may or not of had problems or just was too young is the victim here . Regardless of who said what the FB posts screams an immature grudge and should never have been public . What a sad state for all involved.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
It is so depressing how many people comment without making the slightest effort to find out - even from what little is out there - what the story is.

- Buyer was a kid and hopelessly overhorsed and blamed the horse, or 'they had no idea how to handle a sensitive talented horse (er no they were professionals)
- Yard begged them to let him stay with them (er no yard evicted him)
- He was so beautiful and there was nothing wrong with him. He just needed time. (er, he injured 2 riders and caused extensive damage - hence evicting him)
- This is all about money (the people who put him down are 15k our of pocket plus schooling livery costs and euthanasia costs)

In fact everyone EXCEPT the poor buyers are quids in. Just slightly less so than they may have hoped.

People love nothing more than a good old pile on. Great way to make yourself feel virtuous without having to actually get off your backside in any way, achieve anything meaninful, or even engage your brain.

Surely the petition to destroy their livelihoods is slanderous and they will be sued? It is apalling what is happening to them.

Renvers

Visit site

Thanks, that made more sense than the FB page.

Maybe the dealer/pro are getting their accusations in before the owners can make any case for a refund as not fit for purpose. Sad situation and FB post is trying too much to play on the sympathies and emotions to be a straightforward and factual account.

Sad for the horse, but must be more to this? I doubt anyone makes the decision to put a horse down lightly, and who would put down a horse they spent £15k on in a fit of pique??

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Does anyone know if the Bernadette mentioned is Bernadette of Woodcroft Stud? We nearly viewed something with them not so long ago, just wondering if they’re someone I need to scrap from our list moving forwards?