Neymar Romeo

Summer vibe

Visit site
Hello HHOERS ! Long time no see . I’m just here for the popcorn ;)

just kidding , I am here because this story is everywhere and it really resonated witg me over the horse Damian who I had PTS . I received such lovely support from the forum members at the time . I had to sadly pts a healthy horse because he was a danger to himself and others and like
This guy had caused considerable damage and also couldn’t be kept on the field he would jump out and bolt down the road.

I don’t like the original post way too emotive . I didn’t like the texts I saw from whoever thomas was . A 2 year old should never be sold as a ridden horse . Bad form for the seller and worse things can happen to the horse than death .
Although I don't know this person, she really does seem to have hit the nail on the head.

I've used Nancy as an instructor for many years up until my horse went lame 2 years ago - she has always been the one that sees the good in horses that others can't get a tune out of. I won't say my opinion on the decision to PTS, but for me this horse was failed before it even reached the dealers when it was backed age 2, such a waste. How has the dealer got out of being in the spotlight for all of this, when they could have just done a part ex, or refund like every other reputable dealer?

The bullying a threats I've seen on Facebook are horrid - I bet so many of those are the same people that constantly talk about the importance of mental health and being kind to others.
Why only offer a quarter of the original selling price to keep him? It sounds like they were looking to make a decent profit by selling him on.
I have said the same regarding the importance of mental health etc and was blocked. I referenced Caroline flacks sad death due to social media trying and media trolling. That most of the commenters would have posted Be kind all over their walls and #Be kind. small memories or minds.

Snowpup

Visit site
I imagine this horse would have been resold, bought back cheap again, resold, bought back cheap. He was a troubled soul. From another account, the horse couldn't be put into a field because he broke fencing, then broke the gate at the trainer's yard. It's an awful life for a 3 year old to be stabled forever.
He wasn’t even three, he was two and ridden straight after being sold.

Summer vibe

Visit site
These sort of facebook posts always make me very uncomfortable as it is purely designed to stir up hate. There is no evidence here of a legal wrongdoing, only what * may* (as none of us know the real truth) be a difference in moral view.
Without Prejudice - The person who has created the hate page, talking as the horse has said herself no legal wrong was committed - For her it is a morality wrongdoing!! and she feels it is her place to bring down both sj's. This woman claims to have been a lawyer so also knows how to manipulate words and text . They have all taken down of their personal walls because of the legal implications and hiding behind the named horse page. She is one of the admins.
I have seen clear text messages between rider and young SJ which she states following him asking what she plans to do with horse, that she is struggling to find him somewhere that can give the level of care needed, but she was not happy to not disclose the damages he had done to horse walker, gates and human injury to other yards. This shows her compassion and honesty for the horse. The rider said they could not do anything as they had no spare boxes and was a waiting list anyway and that she had to leave by Friday.

Summer vibe

Visit site
Thank you, that was much easier to understand.
I wish more people would put dangerous horses to sleep, it would stop the poor things ending up being passed from pillar to post and/or in the hands of bin end dealers.

Someone around here recently sold a horse cheap as a companion as it was dangerous and levels people who get on it. Four weeks later and it’s for sale at a bin end dealers as a family riding pony.
There is also a link between all the people
Woodcroft the dealer - The rider and his girlfriend - and the yard owners who gave notice for said horse. if you on euro dressage and smart move dressage they are all very closely working together.

Summer vibe

Visit site
Cliff notes version from what I can gather.

A rider bought a just backed rising 3 year old for 15k, said horse threw her off badly and attacked her (she broke her arm). She sent the horse to a pro for training. The horse threw them off too a long with damaging fields and property. Was asked to vacate the yard within 7 days. Owner couldn't do it as no one would take the horse on. She said she was going to PTS the horse as dangerous. Said yard then offered 4k to buy the horse off them. Owner said no and then offered 10k (so the horse wouldn't be sold on). Yard said no so horse was PTS.

Yard now posting everywhere that the owners are murders who blackmailed them and should be hounded out of their jobs.

Cliff notes version from what I can gather.

A rider bought a just backed rising 3 year old for 15k, said horse threw her off badly and attacked her (she broke her arm). She sent the horse to a pro for training. The horse threw them off too a long with damaging fields and property. Was asked to vacate the yard within 7 days. Owner couldn't do it as no one would take the horse on. She said she was going to PTS the horse as dangerous. Said yard then offered 4k to buy the horse off them. Owner said no and then offered 10k (so the horse wouldn't be sold on). Yard said no so horse was PTS.

Yard now posting everywhere that the owners are murders who blackmailed them and should be hounded out of their jobs.
Interestingly this is how the Dealer - rider and yard that they are based on who also a part of the hate campaign are all linked with a vested interest!!!!!
https://eurodressage.com/2021/04/07...mart-move-great-britain-training-and-business

Attachments

• IMG-20210528-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20210528-WA0028.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 14

Summer vibe

Visit site
He was backed the dealer and sold, the rider who has his own business has also worked for last year for dealer and if you go on their business pages the horses are all 3 and just backed and being sold. Take a look o. euro dressage and his business smart move.

Snowpup

Visit site
He was backed the dealer and sold, the rider who has his own business has also worked for last year for dealer and if you go on their business pages the horses are all 3 and just backed and being sold. Take a look o. euro dressage and his business smart move.
He was not three years old, he was two and just backed. That said, I think that the dealer has behaved very badly and should have taken him back.
The social media witch hunt is horrible.

Summer vibe

Visit site
The offer evidently was from the very same schooling livery that told Laura to sling her hook by the following Friday. The same schooling livery that worked closely with the original seller. Stinks of fish.

Without prejudice
Definetly stinks and they all make money from each other so there is a vested interest.
Allegedly within the ranks, rider was threatened by dealer he would lose his job with her if he made any legal statement to the new owner as to his assessment of the horse when it came to him!
https://eurodressage.com/2021/04/07...mart-move-great-britain-training-and-business

Attachments

• IMG-20210528-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20210528-WA0028.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 14

Summer vibe

Visit site
He was not three years old, he was two and just backed. That said, I think that the dealer has behaved very badly and should have taken him back.
The social media witch hunt is horrible.
Yes, he was rising 3. But still backed by the dealer before being sold.
Agree the social media witch hunt is beyond horrible. The petition also set up is disgusting. change.org believe in freedom of speech and wont take down. I now will never ever sign a petition if just set up by a random person now I know they do not have to prove a thing when setting out to destroy people and /or their business. Social media platforms are dangerous places for hate speech and hate campaigns.

Snowpup

Visit site
Yes, he was rising 3. But still backed by the dealer before being sold.
Agree the social media witch hunt is beyond horrible. The petition also set up is disgusting. change.org believe in freedom of speech and wont take down. I now will never ever sign a petition if just set up by a random person now I know they do not have to prove a thing when setting out to destroy people and /or their business. Social media platforms are dangerous places for hate speech and hate campaigns.
Yes, so he was two years old. Not three and being ridden.
One can still say that and disagree with the witch hunt.
He was two, a baby.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I'm localish to Woodcroft and have heard some mutterings about horses not being right when they came from them. No idea if its true or not, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was.

9tails

Visit site
Yes, so he was two years old. Not three and being ridden.
One can still say that and disagree with the witch hunt.
He was two, a baby.

Yes, he may have been only two but it seems that he couldn’t be turned away. The owner has a broken arm, she has already left a yard where he’d done damage to go to this yard where she was told to leave the following week. Where was she supposed to put him? In her garage?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I'm localish to Woodcroft and have heard some mutterings about horses not being right when they came from them. No idea if its true or not, but it wouldnt surprise me if it was.

Interesting, although I guess with that kinda turnover there’s always the chance the odd few won’t be quite right, especially when the majority are youngstock/newly backed so I don’t necessarily think that in isolation makes them dodgy. I am surprised they weren’t more supportive once it was apparent something was wrong with Romeo though, as I have a friend with one from them who speaks very highly of Woodcroft.

sugarplum18

New User
Visit site
Has anyone else seen the comments about the person behind the page pretending to be a lawyer and when faced with the evidence she didn’t even try she just gave up and responded with it being irrelevant? It seems when she doesn’t get her own way she replies with pointless responses of no meaning. It does make you question what else she is lying about …

Equi

Visit site
I don't really get into these type of dramas, but i read that post and my first thought was it was written by some sort of animal activist who would stand outside a mcdonalds. Clearly they are not as their business is horses but you get my drift. The horse may have had something "wrong" or may just have never been given a chance in life (i.e. bred, produced too early, handled wrong and just never given time to "be") i don't think anyone in the triangle has acted perfectly. The blame for me is the entire industry of wanting a perfect horse as fast as possible and not having time to let a horse just be out and grow.

That being said, i do not agree with witch hunts. The vet will have only done what they thought was best based on the evidence they have received, if they felt it was not right they would have simply refused...they do not HAVE to agree to pts an animal for any cause.

Summer vibe

Visit site
I received a garbled message from someone about this as I have been to an NSJ clinic. It didn’t make much sense and I won’t get involved in something I know nothing about. I don’t like the approach and posts being shared and commented on, and think it shows some of the worst of social media.

Yes one of them messaged lots of us via SJ business page. Completely unprofessional in my opinion.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

This is normal among high class warmblood horses. You might not like it, I don't like it, but it is normal. And they don't behave so crazily that they get thrown out of a professional training yard. And nobody puts a horse down and loses £15000 without believing that they are protecting other people and making the best decision for the horse.

Last edited: