No energy update - not good news...

maisie06

Visit site
So vet came again and has done the Glucose test, while he was there he did another full work up, his breathing is very laboured, there should be no reason for this - he lives out so clean air environment and he runs out of steam so easily vet thinks he's not getting enough oxegen to his muscles.....need to ring and get this explained properly!

Problem two - although sound as anything on the straight trotted up, the vet wanted to exert him to look at the breathing issue, on a circle on the lunge he is horribly lame, now before you all jump on me this horse is hacked and is sound on the straight, neither the physio, nor several instructors have ever picked up on this....he is rarely lunged TBH ....vet thinks it's the suspensories and he will need an op.

Problem is we can't risk anasthetic with his breathing as it is, and he is in alot of pain. I am pretty much decided that I will have him scoped to see what the issue is with his breathing before looking at his legs. Then we are still awaiting the results of the EMS tests, depending on what these show I may have to call it a day and let him go, he is a horse bred to work and will be uncomfotable, unhappy and miserable retired to the field. It seems the more digging the more we find wrong.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh poo :( read your other thread and was hoping you'd get a (relatively) simple answer. Did vet scan/block the suspensories or is it just gut feeling?
Fingers crossed you get some better news soon.

BethH

Visit site
So sorry to read this Maisie, all crossed for you too, I so hope you get to the bottom of it and can find a way to help your horse. Sending many hugs your way.

paddy555

Visit site
another one with fingers crossed for you. No one could possibly jump on you after all you are doing for the horse.

shergar

Visit site
So vet came again and has done the Glucose test, while he was there he did another full work up, his breathing is very laboured, there should be no reason for this - he lives out so clean air environment and he runs out of steam so easily vet thinks he's not getting enough oxegen to his muscles.....need to ring and get this explained properly!

Problem two - although sound as anything on the straight trotted up, the vet wanted to exert him to look at the breathing issue, on a circle on the lunge he is horribly lame, now before you all jump on me this horse is hacked and is sound on the straight, neither the physio, nor several instructors have ever picked up on this....he is rarely lunged TBH ....vet thinks it's the suspensories and he will need an op.

Problem is we can't risk anasthetic with his breathing as it is, and he is in alot of pain. I am pretty much decided that I will have him scoped to see what the issue is with his breathing before looking at his legs. Then we are still awaiting the results of the EMS tests, depending on what these show I may have to call it a day and let him go, he is a horse bred to work and will be uncomfotable, unhappy and miserable retired to the field. It seems the more digging the more we find wrong.

Not sure if this will help, Google HORSE HAIR ANALYSIS ,interesting that more info can be found in hair than blood or urine ,some of your horses symptoms listed ,breathing leg problems lack of energy are caused by aluminium, found in horse vaccine.. Fingers crossed for your boy

maisie06

Visit site
Not sure if this will help, Google HORSE HAIR ANALYSIS ,interesting that more info can be found in hair than blood or urine ,some of your horses symptoms listed ,breathing leg problems lack of energy are caused by aluminium, found in horse vaccine.. Fingers crossed for your boy

Now this is interesting......Every year after his flu jab he would be not quite right, I put it down to his coat change and jab coming at the same time....will look into this - thanks.

amage

Visit site
Woah it's a big big jump from lame on lunge and suspecting suspensories to surgery. For a horse that hacks etc I would medicate suspensories before ever contemplating surgery. Far less invasive and success rates are good.