no fill rugs

Shavings

Visit site
so chance has done rather well this winter
he has been fulled clipped twice (hair doesnt grow back fast at all)

and only spent a week in his 100g fill

rest of the time in his weatherbeeta rain sheet (no fill)

however it was noted last night that even though it was new September its really starting to dye.. the binding his coming away...and before any one asks i dont have the receipt to how weatherbeeta how long it has lasted

so i am on the hunt for a new no fill to do next winter (i like to be ready)

i would like a high diner since he is in it pretty much 24/7
ideally leg straps

and not the twist chest buckets like on amigo rugs!
and not black!

so what do you all recommend????

Green Bean

Visit site
Depending on the shape of your horse, I only use Mark Todd rugs. They are a good fit for Warmbloods. I have tried others but they are always too big at the chest - presume this because they are made for cobs. It would be good if manufacturers started to have widths for blankets as you get in saddles and not just set sizes.

WandaMare

Visit site
I bought a bucas one this winter for one of mine because the front fasteners are safer for using haynets (no sticky out bits to get caught up on) and its been great. Fits well, waterproof and survived on a horse who likes tearing up rugs regularly. it was a bit more pricey than i would usually go but for the quality it was OK. Also I got the funny coloured one which had its price reduced because it obviously wasn't very popular!

SamBean

Visit site
The only no fills Ive been happy with are my Shires ones. Honestly compared to the other higher end brands they've been excellent.
Snap, my shires one is holding up really well, I've also got a gallop no fill which I'm also happy with but been using my Shires one this year. The prints are a bonus!

Annagain

Visit site
I've been really happy with my PE no fill which I bought this time last year in one of their sales - if you sign up to their daily e-mail you get some really good deals. He wore it in spring and the again this autumn/winter until he was clipped in January. Even with the torrential rain we had in Nov / Dec he was dry as a bone every time. I was expecting to have to change it on several occasions but never did.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I have a Derby House no fill which I am really happy with (it helps that it has unicorns on it). I bought it two springs ago I think and it has held up well. I can't remember how much it was exactly but remember thinking at the time that it was good value.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Have they managed to make the PEs any lighter recently? we have an old pair that stayed dry but got given the job of spares because of what they weighed.

Shavings

Visit site
thank you everyone i will do some looking in to all these brands although can sadly rule some out already

Pe is just to heavy for me to lift
ruggles i to have had a leaking one
and mark todd dont fit chance the cob tank

Fransurrey

Visit site
I'd try Shires. I used to recommend Ruggles, but my boy's rug is less than a year old and not extensively used, leaks and seams are starting to fail. The old designs were brilliant. If your current rug isn't a Weatherbeeta Comfitec plus, I'd look for one of those - I have a 50g one that is fantastic.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I have several ruggles ones (not rainsheets though) which have lasted for years and years and years. I also have several WB rainsheets which are outperforming my (admittedly low) expectations. I think it's luck of the draw, unless you want to pay for Rambos. Personally I don't trust my monsters with nice things ;)

Nicnac

Visit site
I've been really impressed with the Maxima rugs. Cheaper end of the scale and good quality. My two have been in a mixture of their no fills, 100gr liners and 100gr rugs all year and both are clipped out. It's been so warm that I haven't used any heavier rugs this year (although winter's not quite over yet!)

One's a lanky TB and the other is a chunky ID with mahoosive chest and shoulders and the Maxima fit both well. Previously used Amigo but the no fills ripped too easily.

Reactions: TGM

AandK

Visit site
I have found Shires to be great value for money, I have a few of their rugs. My 23yo managed to rip his 50g one by the chest a few weeks ago, got him a new one (tempest) for £48. The no fill I have for the 7yo was good last year during use too.

Chianti

Visit site
Mine leaked badly last time it was used and it’s not that old ☹️

I had one that was nearly new and only worn a few times that leaked like a sieve. I contacted the company and they told me to send it back and they sent me a new one, which hasn't leaked. The customer service was very good.

Moogleberry

Visit site
I have used Shires and Ruggles no fill and they’ve both held up brilliantly this winter....my Ruggles 100g is in its fourth winter and still going well, the no fill is new this year be interesting to see if it lasts as well