No MSJ Freestyle at Olympics?

Ossy2

Visit site
So the team is announced and CDJ has been selected on Gio. I know he’s being going brilliantly but thought freestyle would trump him really. Is freestyle injured or just not seen as CDJ top horse anymore?

TheMule

Visit site
Who knows, though perhaps there's an element of knowing that Freestyle won’t win individual gold and maybe Gio, being the bright new thing, could

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
I was surprised at that. Freestyle in the Freestyle is amazing to watch. Maybe Charlotte thinks she will be better at the Europeans later in the year.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
You need a horse who will make it through 2 tests minimum and 3 for an individual.

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Charlotte has just posted this on her FB.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Text for those not on FB.....

I am delighted to say that I have been selected, once again, to represent my country at the forthcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo. The fact this will be my third Olympics truly blows my mind; I only ever dreamed of one and here we are. Incredible.
I hope this really serves to inspire you all that anything is achievable if we work hard enough for it and support each other.
After close consultation with the selectors, I will be partnering with Gio and the decision is no reflection on the incredible Freestyle, with whom I have also had great results with throughout the year. She is a world class mare, but we feel Gio is the horse for the team, for these Games.
Congratulations

to my friend, trainer and the one who stands side by side with me through it all, my mentor Carl Hester who will be riding En Vogue. I can't express how proud I am of this partnership.
Congratulations

also to Charlotte Fry who will be riding the breathtaking Everdale and to travelling reserve, our friend, Gareth Hughes with the lovely Sintano Van Hof Olympia. So well deserved!
Thank you to our owners, of course my sponsors, Ian Cast, Alan Davies, Claudine Bichard, our team of grooms and riders at home, my management, and all of the unsung people behind the scenes who make this possible for us.
We will do our best to make the podium but moreover, we just want to make you proud; our supporters, who have been on this journey with us every step of the way. A wonderful day x

YorkshireLady

Visit site
I was about to say that the humidity etc probably playing a part - just as the fact that you can see the eventers have selected perhaps more blood or galloping types to cope with the weather as well?

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have liked Gio from the word go, i much prefer him to freestyle as i am not a fan of the very over the top front end which seems to be the fashion. i really liked the dapple grey mare that charlotte was riding a while ago but havent seen her lately,maybe she cant go up to the higher tests.. i loved Valegro because of his way of going and his extended trot was perfect in my eyes...

nikicb

www.facebook.com