No pockets on a hack - where do you carry your mobile phone?

acorn92x

Visit site
As the title says!

With the weather warming up now, we won't all necessarily have pockets to carry a phone, hoof pick, keys etc etc out with us. So what do you do and where do you put them? :)

dianchi

Visit site
Ive got a neoprene arm wrap for my phone, friend of mine has a little saddle bag for her bits and bobs

Shoei

Visit site
In my bra!!! There is plenty of vacant space there... although my other half has said that if he ever gets a call saying I'm unconscious he is going to ask questions!!!!

Walrus

Visit site
Careful about using a saddle bag as if you fall off and the horse legs it, he isn't going to be able to call for help! I have been known to put mine in my bra.

stormclouds

Visit site
Down the side of my boot! Slides in nicely between jods and socks, and new boots have a velcro strap around the top so I can make sure it's properly wedged in. Friend and I had this conversation the other day, she said she puts hers in a hoody pocket (the big ones at the front of a jumper) and that it's always been fine. An hour later, cue her phone whizzing past my horse and I as we started to canter.

Phone would be the biggest thing in my bra if I put it in there haha.

skint1

Visit site
I've got an old evening bag with a long strap that I wear across my body, it carries phone, nicotine lozenge, polos, hoofpick :)

AmieeT

Visit site
I have a pocket sewed into my high vis vest :D It zips up and everything! (No, I didn't do it, my mum did!)

Ax

Eta before that it was either the aide of my chaps, or my bra if I was wearing boots!

Last edited:

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Just to add, don't put your phone down the front of your jods then when you go into a two point seat for a canter have it slide down the inside of your leg till it gets to your knee. Doesn't look good trying to fish it out with your hands down the front of your jods.

fiwen30

Visit site
Either in a zip pocket of my jacket, or down my boot. I'd wear a bum bag if I had to carry more than a phone.

twiggy2

Visit site
Just to add, don't put your phone down the front of your jods then when you go into a two point seat for a canter have it slide down the inside of your leg till it gets to your knee. Doesn't look good trying to fish it out with your hands down the front of your jods.

this happened to me 2 weeks ago and I was fishing about down my jods in front of my riding instructor when he arrived-not the best look!!!

gina2201

Visit site
I bought a very thin gilet with two pockets which hold a smart phone sized phone and in the other my car key for warmer weather (or colder just add layers!)

Alternatively how about in your boot if there's a bit of space?