Norfolk terriers….. or it could be Norwich terriers…. the ones with the folding ears!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Apart from the ears, is there any difference between the two types, eg height, tempremant, weight etc does anyone know?

According to my dog breed books, and some quick googling, they both have about the same height, ideally about 25 cm, but as I understood it, a Norfolk is more likely than a Norwich to be below 25 cm. The weights I've found says about 5 to 5,4 or 5,5 kg.
According to one google result "some Norfolk terrier breeders claim that their tails wag, while the movement of Norwich tails resembles more of a quiver". No idea if that is true or not.
Temperament wise most describe both breeds as fearless, good family dogs who tend to get along well with other dogs. Some pages says that a Norfolk is also more quick to bark, prey driven, and independent.
Versus a Norwich who in comparison is said to be more silent, energetic, and likely to stay nearby their owner.

Anyhow, back in the time when they were seen as 1 breed, the Norwich terrier, I've read that it happened that folded ears got cropped, because the prick eared ones was favoured in the show ring. Funnily enough, the very first Norwich terrier breed champion didn't have prick ears, CH. Biffin of Beaufin
Ch-Biffin-of-Beaufin.-BOB-Crufts-1933.jpg

skinnydipper

Visit site
I’ve joined and looked, she is gorgeous ❤️ I’ll enquire but I suspect that they won’t consider me because I work, and because I’ll be too far from their vets 😞

She popped up on Facebook last night and I thought of this thread.

Some rescues won't rehome outside of their area, but you never know :)

Last edited:

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
It’s been a while but…… I submitted an application for Custard, heard nothing. Queried it on the Facebook page and was told my application hadn’t been received.

Reapplied and asked again this evening just if my application had been received…. Facebook post was deleted

For the first time ever I’m beginning to understand what people say about rescues 🤷‍♀️

And yes I know full well how busy they are and how few volunteers and how stretched they are. Never had this with a greyhound charity 😞

Last edited:

skinnydipper

Visit site
It isn't unusual for rescues to only get in touch with successful applicants.

I was sad that they needed to write a post last night, explaining how they worked, that they are a small family run rescue. Just 2 people with full time jobs and other commitments, doing their best.

Last edited:

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
It isn't unusual for rescues to only get in touch with successful applicants.

I was sad that they needed to write a post last night, explaining how they worked, that they are a small family run rescue. Just 2 people with full time jobs and other commitments, doing their best.

Indeed so - I only asked again specifically because they said they hadn’t received my application the first time, so I wanted to make sure they had done so this time. As I said above, I am well aware of the pressure on charity volunteers, I think they got flak from someone else as she promptly started bombarding me with messages instead 🤷‍♀️