not much hope

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
When horsey people also think it's ok to drive like this. To save you reading all the comments this is a list 2a dressage judge who had already sounded her horn while passing some cyclists who she complained to that she was late for an event.

her sole response has been that 'thanks she blocked me on purpose!!'
on a single track road with banks either side.....

Frankly the behaviour is appalling and I hope BD take it seriously.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ester

Visit site
I wasn't sure as I didn't want to HHO to get windy about it as they can but given that she had replied herself it's Joyce Wood, her response is a reply to comment number 3 that names her.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would hope that BD banns her for 6 months for bringing the association into disrepute.

The lady has issues. I suspect 6 months not judging would...

1. Give her time and space to readjust her life to allow for life to happen.
2. Make her realise that she is against the grain.

This is from someone who was ht from behind by someone who was also impatient. The horse went through the windscreen and tossed down the road. I was thrown on the road and injured physically for months, mentally forever.

Personally I wish the Police would ban her for life, but realistically 6 months not judging is still unlikely, but more likely than a ban.

spoo

Visit site
Vile behaviour from someone who should be a role model. And although the horses are used to traffic, how beautifully behaved and calm they were

ester

Visit site
I would hope that BD banns her for 6 months for bringing the association into disrepute.

This is from someone who was ht from behind by someone who was also impatient. The horse went through the windscreen and tossed down the road. I was thrown on the road and injured physically for months, mentally forever.

Personally I wish the Police would ban her for life, but realistically 6 months not judging is still unlikely, but more likely than a ban.

That's kind of my take on it, the police while often good for giving warnings etc in this sort of situation might not have that much of an impact on her life so I feel BD might have more weight behind them in this instance, especially if she was going to a BD fixture.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I've seen this video on several platforms now, and read I think all of the comments on the original post, and I feel very uncomfortable at how vitriolic many of the remarks are. I don't know Joyce (although we seem to have a few mutual FB friends) and I don't condone her behaviour in any way, shape or form, but it does make me wonder what kind of stresses a person, particularly a horsey one, would need to be under to make them behave the way she did.

flying_high

Visit site
I’ve been judged by her a fair bit over the years. She’s typically a kind, decent, encouraging judge that is well respected. And judges in SE a fair bit.

I’m not condoning the driving. I’m very surprised. But this is a long standing respected judge. I’m not sure what else was a contributing factor.

Mule

Visit site

That sounds horrendous :( It must have been terrifying.

ester

Visit site
I agree re. the comments RR, but I find that on quite a lot of facebook stuff that gets very emotive, and most don't read any of the other comments either. I don't think it helps that it was only yesterday/friday that someone went into a bowtop leaving appleby too.

Reactions: TPO

Equi

Visit site
I sometimes find certain people who are too comfortable with horses drive the worst in a vain attempt to be a little "well they need to get used to it, mine have" of course i don't know if thats whats happening here or not.

Poor bride having to deal with that stress before her big day.

meleeka

Visit site
I’m not condoning the driving. I’m very surprised. But this is a long standing respected judge. I’m not sure what else was a contributing factor.

There is no contributing factor that would make that even remotely acceptable. She could have killed several people and two horses.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I've seen this video on several platforms now, and read I think all of the comments on the original post, and I feel very uncomfortable at how vitriolic many of the remarks are. I don't know Joyce (although we seem to have a few mutual FB friends) and I don't condone her behaviour in any way, shape or form, but it does make me wonder what kind of stresses a person, particularly a horsey one, would need to be under to make them behave the way she did.

Whenever I read Facebook comments, particularly on something like this, I wince. It just seems to be how people roll on Facebook, Twitter etc

maisie06

Visit site
When horsey people also think it's ok to drive like this. To save you reading all the comments this is a list 2a dressage judge who had already sounded her horn while passing some cyclists who she complained to that she was late for an event.

her sole response has been that 'thanks she blocked me on purpose!!'
on a single track road with banks either side.....

Frankly the behaviour is appalling and I hope BD take it seriously.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think we should all email BD...digraceful and she should be struck off the judges list.

Equi

Visit site
I think we should all email BD...digraceful and she should be struck off the judges list.
Im sure they are aware. Filling up their inbox wont do anything bar slow down their responses to other things and give them more work.

I despair at the person though, they had a chance to say "ok hold my hands up this was out of order i am so sorry" but they took the defensive making themselves look even more a plonk.